Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nipmock

Similar or Reccomended Artists?

18 posts in this topic

I've recently gotten into Michael Buble and he is absoulutely incredible. I adore his music and was wondering if anyone could reccomend me some similar artists. If so that would be fantastic, and thank you in advance.

I've recently gotten into Michael Buble and he is absoulutely incredible. I adore his music and was wondering if anyone could reccomend me some similar artists. If so that would be fantastic, and thank you in advance.

well there is Matt Dusk, he is also canadian and is similar to Michael.i haven't heard many of his songs but whaat ive heard is pretty good

Hey, if you're looking for big band/swing singers... there's Vic Damone, Harry Connick Jr., Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Mel Torme, Louis Prima, The Mills Brothers, Lou Rawls (did a little bit - check out his CD, "Lou Rawls: Great Gentlemen of Song"), Ella Fitzgerald (& Louis Armstrong), Jamie Cullum, Peter Cincotti (not really big band/swing, but he is jazz), Nat King Cole, Susie Arioli Big Band (not many have heard of them), Tony Bennett, Bing Crosby, Bobby Darin... However, I would say these are my top three:

1. Michael Buble

2. Frank Sinatra

3. Bobby Darin

Anyways, any of those artists listed above are swing/big band/jazz singers. Hope these are what you're looking for!!

Thanks so much Andrew icon_smile.gif

I know a few of them, including Jamie Cullum, he's amazing too. I'll look into the the rest. Thanks again!

You might also like to check out Josh Groban. His style is not anything like Michael's but he has an amazing voice!! He also has David Foster as his producer!

Definitely Jamie Cullum. Unfortunately there aren't many male singers with the talent and style that Michael have...I wish there were more ::sigh:: Female artists that I enjoy are Linda Eder (It's No Secret Anymore) and Renee Olstead. They have a similar big bang swing style. Linda Eder has an amazing voice and great music and Renee Olstead has great songs...but her voice could use some work; she is very young though so I'm sure we can expect great things from her.

~Megan

Yeah, I've been into Jamie for a while now, I found out about Michael from someone on those boards. Thanks for all the suggestions, you guys, I really appreciate it!

I was wondering if anyone was going to suggest Josh Groban. He's totally amazing, and I love him--very different style from Michael, but still amazing nonetheless!

~Sarah

I don't really care for Josh Groban. Sure..he's got a great voice, but I just don't like his musical choices at all; that style of music just doesn't do it for me. I need more swing and jazz!!! Hmmm... some other suggestions of good artists: as said above, I really recommend Nat King Cole, Natalie Cole is great as well.

~Megan

Just the other day I was watching the Tavis Smiley show on KCET and I saw this singer by the name Amos Lee.WOW!! He was awesome.I looked up his site and later found out that he was perfoming later that evening on The Late Late Show on CBS. So I stayed up to watch and it was a great performance.I would say his music is more of a Blue's kind of jazz.If you like Norah Jones you will love Amos Lee.My favorite track is," In the arms of a woman".

You guys will love Peter Cincotti, Chris Botti,Chat Baker and Frank Sinitra...They are the best...I like them as michael.

This is my recommendation:

For more "current" jazz artists...

Harry Connick Jr.

Peter Cincotti

Jamie Cullum

Renee Olstead

Josh Groban (he's more pop-opera)

Dave Koz

Chris Botti

Matt Dusk

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Brian Setzer Orchestra

For more "old style" ones...

Frankie Sinatra

Dean "Dino" MArtin

Sammy Davis Jr.

Bobby Darin

Louis Prima

Nat King Cole

Benny Goodman

Louis armstrong

Duke Ellington

Count Basie

Bilie Holiday

Ella Fitzgerald

Bing Crosby

Paul Anka

Nina Simone

Rosemary Clooney

(He) was not of course a jazz singer, but his process resembled the way many jazz musicians worked. The best of them listened creatively to the tunes... but heard them through the filter of their own experience... They transformed these songs, edited them, reinvented them, found something of value in even the most banal tunes. The instrument didn't matter.

- Why Sinatra Matters

MEL TORME!! Sometimes Michael sounds just the same as Tormé.

how about John Stevens from season 3 of american idol. his album comes out on june 28 and its titled "Red" Hes such a cutie and hes 16 years old so hes young but he has an awesome voice. one of the songs on his album is come fly with me, which as you know michael sings also.