Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Candida Marie

What is your favourite magazine/newspaper?

24 posts in this topic

Hey. This just popped in my head when I was replying to 'What I've bought lately'. I don't think we've had a thread like this. If we have sorry for the repeat. icon_smile.gif

Do you subscribe or do you pick it up at the newstand?

Hey. This just popped in my head when I was replying to 'What I've bought lately'. I don't think we've had a thread like this. If we have sorry for the repeat. icon_smile.gif

Do you subscribe or do you pick it up at the newstand?

Rolling Stone - I'm waiting for Michael to show up in it. My son used to subscribe, but now I pick it up at the newstand, if I see anybody I like on the cover.

I love YM!!! But, unfortunately, they discontinued it about two months ago icon_frown.gif so I get sent Teen Vogue instead. icon_frown.gif Still fun to read, but not my YM.

YM is DISCONTINUED?!?!?! Say it isn't so... I read that for most of my teen years. I even had a subscription for two years.

I'm a bit of a magazine junky. I used to waste so much money on them. I've got back a lot though.

Yes, girls, YM is no longer being printed.

I was devastated.

But Seventeen is now my number one!!

I spent a lot of time with Seventeen as well. The first real teen magazine I bought was Seventeen. It was just after 'Titanic' came out and Leonardo DiCaprio was on the cover.

I love tabloid magazines icon_biggrin.gif. I especially enjoy Star magazine I know alot of the info isn't true.But I get a kick out of the entertainment news,celebrity features, gossip and fashion.

Does anybody remember "Teen"? I used to get that until they discontinued it also, then I started getting "Seventeen"... I remember the first one I got was Kirsten Dunst on the cover in red stripes, because Spider-Man was coming out!

I buy a few magazines:

Every month without fail:

Windows XP Australian Edition

Sometimes when it looks like a good issue:

New Woman, Cleo, Cosmo, Shop Till You Drop, Shape

Every day at work I read (but don't buy):

Herald Sun

MX (Melbourne's free newspaper)

In the newsagent I read (but don't buy):

New Idea, Womans Day, NW, Glamour (UK mini mag)

Websites I read most days:

news.com.au

Michael forum (here)

Vogue.com.au forum

I went through a stage of about two years where I bought every Dolly and Cleo magazine that came out when I was 14 and 15. Now I rarely buy magazines and its limited to TV Week, which is like TV Guide in the US, I gather. I get it if my local free newspaper fails to put in a tv guide. I am a TV addict so like the stories about the shows I watch but figure that I don't really need that information since I am going to watch the shows anyway. icon_biggrin.gif

Every week I am a slave to PEOPLE, US WEEKLY and IN TOUCH.

Sweets icon_smile.gif

Hey, that's an original topic! =)

I have subscriptions to "Applied Arts", "House & Home" and "Entertainment Weekly" and regularly buy "Cosmo"... ^^;

i am an absolute sucker for allure magazine--i think i am a frustrated makeup artist sometimes--and i like premiere, entertainment weekly, blender, jane, elle (obviously!), time, the economist, interview, vanity fair, and details. i spend way too much money on magazines! and my favorite newspaper is the new york times. but the chicago tribune's not so bad either icon_smile.gif

elle icon_wink.gif

I have a subscription to Home magazine (never do anything to the house, but love reading the mag!!).

I usually buy Woman & Home each month too.

I also have a subscription to Manchester United magazine (sorry guys, what can I say - I'm a footie fan!). icon_biggrin.gif

OK..here are my fave mags that I subscribe to:

Cosmo

Shape

Fitness

People

Glamour

In Style

Mags that I subscribe to for hubby and kids:

FHM

Maxim

WWE..Smackdown & RAW

Nick Jr. & Nickelodeon

Mags that I buy on the newsstand:

In Touch

Vanity Fair

Hello!

I'm completely addicted to People magazine... I read it from cover to cover...

icon_smile.gif Tasha

Jacquie, I didn't buy Teen much but I remember it. Do they still print Twist? If they don't shame on them . I absolutely loved that magazine.

I used to read M too. I still do when I visit one of my friends. Her little sister gets it all the time.

Janie, I love House & Home but very rarely buy it.

I buy People for their 50 beautiful people, best dressed, sexiet men... I only buy the special ones.

I buy Cosmo religiously and really should have a subscription. I like Marie Claire because of the real life women's stories. They are great. I like Redbook every now and then. I love InStyle, especially the party ideas.

I subscribe to Elle. Mostly for the ElleGuy column which is always great. He's a really funny guy. Also it's cheap $13.80 a year.

Remember "O"/ Oprah magazine and "Rosie"? And Martha Stewart living, too... those are fun to read, we still have old copies at our vacation house.

I rarely read Cosmo but I'm sure in a couple of years I will be a religious buyer!!

I started reading Cosmo in grade 11 I think. Me and my friends would read it and Marie Claire at the lunch table. It started sine very interesting conversations.