Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobby D

"It's Time" Number Two on Australian Charts

24 posts in this topic

Hey Gang!!

MB's new record is NUMBER TWO on the Aussie charts after it's first week!

Top Ten Australian Album Chart

* 1 - NEW 1 IN BETWEEN DREAMS Jack Johnson UMA 9880033

* 2 - NEW 2 IT'S TIME Michael Buble WARNER 9362489962

3 1 19 1 HOT FUSS The Killers <P> IUS/UMA 9863027

4 2 15 1 LOVE, ANGEL, MUSIC, BABY Gwen Stefani <P>2 INR/UMA 2103175

5 3 26 1 THE SOUND OF WHITE Missy Higgins <P>4 VIR/EMI ELEVENCD27

6 5 24 1 AMERICAN IDIOT Green Day <P>3 WARNER 9362487772

* 7 - NEW 7 AWAKE IS THE NEW SLEEP Ben Lee INERTIA IR5210CD

8 4 52 1 SONGS ABOUT JANE Maroon 5 <P>5 RCA/SBME 82876632282

* 9 - NEW 9 FRANCES THE MUTE The Mars Volta UMA 2103977

* 10 - NEW 10 REBIRTH Jennifer Lopez EPI/SBME 5193919000

Hey Gang!!

MB's new record is NUMBER TWO on the Aussie charts after it's first week!

Top Ten Australian Album Chart

* 1 - NEW 1 IN BETWEEN DREAMS Jack Johnson UMA 9880033

* 2 - NEW 2 IT'S TIME Michael Buble WARNER 9362489962

3 1 19 1 HOT FUSS The Killers <P> IUS/UMA 9863027

4 2 15 1 LOVE, ANGEL, MUSIC, BABY Gwen Stefani <P>2 INR/UMA 2103175

5 3 26 1 THE SOUND OF WHITE Missy Higgins <P>4 VIR/EMI ELEVENCD27

6 5 24 1 AMERICAN IDIOT Green Day <P>3 WARNER 9362487772

* 7 - NEW 7 AWAKE IS THE NEW SLEEP Ben Lee INERTIA IR5210CD

8 4 52 1 SONGS ABOUT JANE Maroon 5 <P>5 RCA/SBME 82876632282

* 9 - NEW 9 FRANCES THE MUTE The Mars Volta UMA 2103977

* 10 - NEW 10 REBIRTH Jennifer Lopez EPI/SBME 5193919000

Whhhaaaaatttt! I was fully expecting a number one here in Australia so am surprisingly disappointed with this result! A number two is still good though Mikey!

I have no doubt this will be number one but do we have to wait until Mother's Day / Father's Day / Christmas Day? Or maybe I will start a new public holiday called "Purchase Some Good Music You Fools!" Day. Hehehehe. icon_razz.gif

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Mikey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry Brookie it will go to Number 1, no worries !!!! icon_smile.gif Especially if we take up your new "Purchase Some Good Music You Fools!" holiday!!!

BTW have you seen the primetime ads on the TV for It's Time complete with a little video greeting from Michael to Aust. It's GREAT!!!

Yeah - I love Michael's little greeting on the ad. I wonder if he did the same everywhere else?

"Hi Australia, this is Michael Buble. I hope you enjoy my new record".

Hee hee, it's a record according to Mike, not a CD!

OK, this is what the Herald Sun's chart analysis has to say about Michael's No 2 debut on the chart:

"Strong showing from Buble. If the record company had released it a month ago, when the rest of the world did, it would probably have made it to No 1, but he can't compete with Jack Johnson. His debut album eventually made it to No 1, so there's still hope. It's Time is No 9 in the UK after a month and became his first US Top 10 album, debuting at No 7, but has since fallen to No 17 and No 34 this week - eek! So far, FM radio here isn't playing the album's single Feeling Good, but he's still getting AM love. His five times platinum debut is still at No 41 this week".

Man, I could have told Warner's Australia this three months ago! Anyhoo, still a good job by Michael with no "in person" promotion. I'll still be holding out for a No 1 for It's Time here!

Would prefer #1, but 2 isn't too shabby. Excuse my ignorance --- who's Jack Johnson?? I've never heard of him. I read he is big business here (Oz) and has a loyal fanbase. JJ sold around 30,000 albums last week, nearly 7,000 copies ahead of Michael.

I predict that It's Time will be NUMBER ONE next week!!!!

Well, I walked into my local CD store and guess what the first thing I saw was? Michael Buble life size cardboard figure advertising It's Time!!! Very yummy indeedy!!!!!! icon_smile.gif

And the next thing I saw was that 'It's Time' was NUMBER 1 on the charts!!!!!!!!! Not sure if that's only in South Australia of Nation wide, but anyway,YAY, GO MIKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I went and checked out this Jack Johnson fellow in Virgin today and I have worked out why his CD is No 1 and Mike's is No 2 - it comes with a free DVD! Anyhoo, Virgin also had their priorities right with Michael sitting pretty at number 1! Yay!

I also noticed that they had both versions of the CD with the 15 track selling for a higher price. The 15 track version comes in a cardboard case the same as the one I got from the USA but the 13 track version comes in the regular old plastic CD case (and no poster).

Hi Bobby D.

Thanks for the update but may I ask who the hell is Jack Johnson???

Number 2 is really good also but get all your friends off of the beach there is Aussie Land and have them buy Michael's CD to make him #1.

In the USA Michael fell down to #46 on the Billboard Charts.

50 Cent is #1 & Jennifer Lopez is #2. I would rather be tar & feathered or suffer Chinese Water Torture before I would listen to that garbage.

Anyway the bottom line is "It's Time" is selling really well all over the world and it is a very good time in Bubleland! icon_smile.gif

"That's All"

JBN

what......number 2???

hoowoo!!!!!

now bobby all i can do is..........just waiting for your next post ...........the number one is sooooooooo close!!!!

Hi everyone! icon_smile.gif

In this part of the world, which is Toronto, we appreciate Michael as he is a Canadian.. his new album is still #1 on it's 3rd week!

And talking about his upcoming concert in May here in T.O., a third show was added to keep up with the demand. Almost missed out; got 5 orchestra tickets for the whole clan (me, hubby, and our three daughters).

So happy to watch Michael's star rise!

Here's the link to Jack Johnson if your curious about his voice.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=music&n=507846

"Customers who bought titles by Jack Johnson also bought titles by these artists:

Norah Jones, John Mayer...etc."

His voice is kinda different and has a laid back style. Not anything in the genre of Michael's music. Johnson plays guitar. Very simple arrangements. A little monotonous...

See what you think...

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Blue Note:

In the USA Michael fell down to #46 on the Billboard Charts.

50 Cent is #1 & Jennifer Lopez is #2.

That must be a hard fall to re-cover from ?

I saw that he is(this week);

No 9 in the UK

No 8 !!! in Norway (Moved up from No 20. Making an appearance certainly helped) icon_biggrin.gif

No 5 in Europe

18 in Denmark(36 last week)

9 in Holland

2 in Italy

3 in Spain

5 in Irland

No 12 On the global album chart

and of course...

No 4 in Canada.

Still no sign of him on the Swedish charts.

2-0 to the norweigans. 1-0 to the danish(who knew !?!, you were more than dessert ?! LOL !)

does that mean his appearances on the late night and tonight show didn't do much for his record sells in US if he went from the 30 something spot to 46??? i thought it would boost sales

And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests

Ephesians 6:18

Here's something I came across about Jack Johnson who beat Michael to No 1 one the charts here in Australia:

Click!

He is a singer/surfer/film-maker - a "jack" of all trades or so it seems! He sings what they describe as acoustic folk/rock.

But he's not a cute as Mike.

icon_biggrin.gif

After Week 3 in the Aussie Charts, "It's Time" has regained the Number 2 position...up from third place last week!

If I'd have seen a full size cut out of Michael in a record shop, I would have asked them to reserve it for me when they had finished displaying it!!!!!!

Ooooh you are slow!!!!

No only teasing!

Janet

Speaking of the Michael cardboard cut-out, one of the large CD shops near me is displaying Michael with a womans smiley mouth stuck onto his lips they must have cut out of a magazine! He's looks gorgeous with lipstick let me tell you!

After 4 weeks in the Australian Album Charts "It's Time" is at Number 4 for the week ending 27 March, 2005.

Elsewhere around the world. "It's Time" is currently

Italy 1

Canada 2

Europe 5

New Zealand 5

Norway 5

Netherlands 7

Belgium 14

Spain 14

UK 21

Germany 27

USA 41

World 7

Thanks Bobby D! I sometimes live in a news and media bubble where no news gets in, icon_biggrin.gif thus I haven't been folowing the charts but rather listening to It's Time on the CD player and in the car. It's great that you keep us informed and well done to Michael for staying in the top 4 in Australia for as many weeks. Now if only he could get to number 1.