Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JenBoobLay<3

So...does anyone elses husband hate Michael?

8 posts in this topic

Hey, guys.

We all share a common bond in our boy, Michael. We love him. We want him. We swooooon over him. Apparently, a little too much per my husband. He's so insecure that he has become insanely jealous that it's almost disturbing. lol

Is there anyone here who shares in my pain? If so, how do you deal with it?

Hey, guys.

We all share a common bond in our boy, Michael. We love him. We want him. We swooooon over him. Apparently, a little too much per my husband. He's so insecure that he has become insanely jealous that it's almost disturbing. lol

Is there anyone here who shares in my pain? If so, how do you deal with it?

Hi! Sorry to disappoint you, but no... he doesn't "hate" him!! But, I have to admit, I do not swooooon over him either... What happens in my case is that, when the whole pre-excitement of going to a concert begins, my resp. other half can at times start to sigh...... because he doesn't understand that "whole process" of texting to and from friends, calling each other and being nervous because sometimes you have to catch a plane to get there as well.....(and also have to run a family.... LOL).

So, give your husband a cuddle when you yourself feel you get overexcited.... that will probably "do the trick"!!!

Mouse ;)

Hi! Sorry to disappoint you, but no... he doesn't "hate" him!! But, I have to admit, I do not swooooon over him either... What happens in my case is that, when the whole pre-excitement of going to a concert begins, my resp. other half can at times start to sigh...... because he doesn't understand that "whole process" of texting to and from friends, calling each other and being nervous because sometimes you have to catch a plane to get there as well.....(and also have to run a family.... LOL).

So, give your husband a cuddle when you yourself feel you get overexcited.... that will probably "do the trick"!!!

Mouse ;)

I chose the word "hate" loosely.

I suppose I can see where you are coming from. I can understand the feeling of, for lack of a better word...neglect...but it's music, baby! As a music lover and vocalist myself, I feel Michael's energy in every song and it resonates. There's no other feeling like it. I don't drool for the man (ok, maybe I do) but it's all in jest. It's not like he should have a real fear that Michael will open his arms to me and get down on bended knee and whisk me away to never never land...although I wish he would. Again, I'm joking! I just think the whole jealousy thing is silly.

Thanks for your input! :)

I suppose I can see where you are coming from. I can understand the feeling of, for lack of a better word...neglect...but it's music, baby! As a music lover and vocalist myself, I feel Michael's energy in every song and it resonates. There's no other feeling like it. I don't drool for the man (ok, maybe I do) but it's all in jest. It's not like he should have a real fear that Michael will open his arms to me and get down on bended knee and whisk me away to never never land...although I wish he would. Again, I'm joking! I just think the whole jealousy thing is silly.

That's funny. I can somewhat relate. He isn't really jealous, just annoyed I think. He seems to enjoy getting into a debate with me about Michael's talent, or lack of, in his opinion. He's a big Stones fan and always wants to compare them to Michael. He claims Michael isn't original and needs to write his own music. Of course I jump in and come to Michael's defence. Perhaps it is a little jealously. I think any man would feel a little something if his wife was fascinated with an attractive man in a suit that sings and entertains so well. He excudes confidence on stage and has an amazing rapport with the audience. I am sure this can make most men a little envious. My husband knows I love him and admire Michael as a singer and entertainer. Once, when I was at the height of my fandom, my husband said, "I think what's happening here is, you are having an 'affair' at a safe distance." I replied that it's a "crazy love". ;)

Hi

This is my Hubby/Michael management plan!!!!!

Constantly trickle Michael's music at home, and in the car, and repeatedly playing DVD's so that they are on in the background, will cause Michael's music to enter your hubby's head when he dont even realise it.

Add to this, by keeping him involved when looking for the best seats to buy for Michael's "parties", explain how AMAZING Michael is live. Try and keep it all fairly low key,try not to get too hysterical or he wont take you seriously!!! (I know this will be very difficult LOL), but soon he may start to say things like " I like this one", or "this ones not too bad".

He then may even start to sing "Home" in the shower!!

When you get in the car he might even start putting "Crazy Love" on without you needing to ask!!

Pretty soon he will be agreeing to go with you to see Michael for your Anniversary!!, even tho you are already going twice that week!!!!

Once he's seen Michael live, how can he ever dispute his greatness!!!

Come on ladies, use your noodles, we can get pretty much anything we want when we try!!!!!! LOL!!

Good Luck

Gill

XX

Haha! Good that you explained! That's the difficulty when English is not your mother language..... but I am learning anyway!! ;)

However: opening his arms to me and getting down on bended knees...... :rolleyes:

Mouse

Being a younger Michael fan, i do not have the problem of a jealous husband ;)

Although it is funny to read about yours.

The only person who gets annoyed with my constant rambling about MB is my dad!

BUT, he is coming with me in October to see Michael. This is my treat so there will be no rambling during the show!

x x

i suppose i should be grateful that my hubby doesnt mind too much. the last person i liked he used to insult something rotten. this time he's actuallt complimentary- he thinks michaels a good singer. however he does have his insecure moments- i just remind him of the fact that i'm not jealous of who he likes- it soon shuts him up.

:-p