Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seely

Michael's different..do you guys think so?

25 posts in this topic

I have only been a fan for a year maybe and the many interviews he has done in the last month or 2 months are the most I have ever seen. It seems to me that he is different now....does anyone else see that? Not that it's bad necessarily. He seems to be more closed-off and not as much about his fans as he used to seem.

Maybe the already-huge success of this album? I don't know. I am not liking him as much when I see interviews that he is doing now...and I hate that. He seems to be acting somehow like other stars and not as humble anymore. Who am I to judge, and not trying to...but just wondered if anyone sees that. I hope it's a phase. I have never been a fan when an album was released. So, maybe he gets this way when he has to do interviews back-to-back like everyday...I know he is super-busy!!!

One interview in particular, he looks at the camara and said something to the effect that you people at home, my life is not for you to know. Has something happened where fans besieged him and he is just very cautious all of a sudden? Poor Mike.

Oh, well; I bought several copies of the album so he has my little money. That seems to be what he cares about now anyway???

A little disappointed fan

Seely................I would like to take this one..................You have been a member for 11 days on the board.....and have posted

twice................To answer your question?.......Of course he has changed.........We all change from minute to minute......No one ever stands

still...............But it is in growth..........And understanding.......And what is expected of you.......And that depends on your circumstances......

He is in a position where he hardly owns his own life..................And that takes a toll on you.........And often you stop being casual as you

have been used to...........And now you are a very hot commodity........You are a product..............People are scheming to get a tiny piece

of you..................They will rip your clothes off...........They will carry scissors and take a piece of your hair.................Do you think if you

were in a situation like that.........It would not change your reaction to the public?..............You have to do and go and be places as fast

as you can...........to get to safety...........Big business has big money in you............And you are ordered to have a Body Guard........People

are crazy in love with celebrities................And they are also crazy in hate with them...............People might throw something at you that could harm you.......When you reach Michaels status......You value your life and ........believe it or not....................There are enough crazies out

there to make you avoid the public all together.......I believe Michael will cease being so available to fans......Not because he doesn't

love them...........But because ..........The people that direct the traffic in Michaels life.....are insistant on it................And also......the fans

........the real fans of Michaels............will not want him to put himself in danger any more than he has to...............And this is the way we

want him to be........Because we want him safe.............Is this a little more clear?...........I know that many of the things I have mentioned....

you might not have thought of........But believe me.......I met Michael just walking in the Denver Air Port..........And no one on earth could

have been more at ease.......friendly.......or sweet and kind.................Believe us older fans......We have been with him from the beginning......

And they don't come any better than he is to his fans..............And about his private life?...........They have crucified him in the press......

They will take a seed and turn it into a full blown wheat field.....Only they will turn it around so it makes bad news.........As that is the

only thing that makes headlines now days......Bad news...................He has had that.....been there...done that..................So I would do the

very same.............His private life is the only thing that is his....................Loyalty is accepting the things that have to be..............And still

being there for him......................................

Hi Seely, I think I understand what you feel,

but, well said my dear Irene, Michael needs more and more,

the care of his security people.

Now he is reaping precious fruits,

has worked long and hard to reach this moment in his life.

The popularity has its price ...,

but he is a person unlike any other artist,

I never saw so much affection and dedication

to their fans like Michael is with us.

He may be in the middle of a concert,

and he is also aware of any accident with a fan,

I can attest to what I say.

Michael is growing quickly,

and deserve everything that is happening at the professional level,

therefore, it is necessary to take care of him,

as man and artist, about his private life

is just that: "his private life".

I sincerely wish that you continue

to enjoy the talent of our dear boy.

Change is what makes the world go round and Michael makes my world just a little bit sweeter.

I have only been a fan for a year maybe and the many interviews he has done in the last month or 2 months are the most I have ever seen. It seems to me that he is different now....does anyone else see that? Not that it's bad necessarily. He seems to be more closed-off and not as much about his fans as he used to seem.

Maybe the already-huge success of this album? I don't know. I am not liking him as much when I see interviews that he is doing now...and I hate that. He seems to be acting somehow like other stars and not as humble anymore. Who am I to judge, and not trying to...but just wondered if anyone sees that. I hope it's a phase. I have never been a fan when an album was released. So, maybe he gets this way when he has to do interviews back-to-back like everyday...I know he is super-busy!!!

One interview in particular, he looks at the camara and said something to the effect that you people at home, my life is not for you to know. Has something happened where fans besieged him and he is just very cautious all of a sudden? Poor Mike.

Oh, well; I bought several copies of the album so he has my little money. That seems to be what he cares about now anyway???

We all change as time passes but Michael certainly seems like basically the same Michael we've know for years. OTOH, his career has changed dramatically, and so he must make whatever changes he needs to insure his safety and sanity. Being a performer doesn't mean you no longer are entitled to a private life. Michael deserves to have his private life respected. Saying he only cares about money isn't very nice, and it's certainly not the Michael that we know. He's got the best selling album in the country. I'm thrilled for him; he's worked really hard to get where he is today. With this kind of success and the demands on his time and energy, it's amazing he's stayed as grounded as he is.

Well here's my opinion - and it is just that

Michael is different - maybe more guarded - but who could blame him. When he's performing he is 'public property' and I love the way he says that he's there to entertain us and take us away from our problems etc but he deserves to keep his private life private. He's not so naive now - a lesson learnt the hard way maybe? He is a hot property nowadays and therefore there are more people who want a piece of him-being a celebrity isn't all it's cracked up to be. I saw him for the first time ever today at POG and he was lovely. He came out before the show started to speak to us all - loved that! Didn't love the rude joke but then he's only human!smile.gif I don't think it's all about the money for him - he loves to sing I think. Of course the money is great - who wouldn't think so!Many people will be making money from him so why shouldn't he get some of the spoils. I heard somewhere that for the MSG show and another one he gave all the earnings over to his band (or something along those lines!)I think he is a good guy! Not perfect but then who is? He is an amazing singer and performer so enjoy those cds! smile.gif And hang in there!

Take care

Christine x

I don't think he's different, maybe he's more grown up....

Michael is still Michael & he loves us...his fans I don't think he will become less accessible to us, maybe more cautious.

He's entitled to a private life..we all our.....after all he is human.

I don't see a change, give him a chance to get back out on tour & you'll see the same MB as always

I agree that he seems MUCH more guarded but I definitely

don't blame him - I guess I will miss the way he used to be

but that truly won't come out until he starts to tour. We

will have to see.

I think that the things that have been printed about his

personal life have been an intrusion but I always think

about celebrities, it's not like somebody getting into this

business does not know what they are letting themselves

in for... somehow they are always shocked and surprised!

Nothing is left personal - NOTHING! And it starts to drain

you... especially if you have to be "ON" all the time as he

does with his album release.

But I also agree that there seems to have been a drastic

change in his demeanor since March 2009 when he was

on The Chris Isack Show - he was the same old Michael

that we have all grown to love - but he is also very, very

comfortable with Chris. They have performed together

many, many times. So when he is being interviewed by

a stranger, he may just seem more closed off - and I think

that's a good thing for him. He could be so immature in

the past and it would usually come back to bite him in

the butt later on. Maybe he has learned from that or maybe,

just maybe, he is actually growing up some. I think that his

choices for the songs on CRAZY LOVE show that.

I think anyone who has been following the media FRENZY that has followed the release of "Crazy Love" would be feeling a bit of fatigue for Michael at the moment. I am getting tired just watching the plethora of interviewers asking the same old questions. Goodness knows how Michael sticks it? Day in, Day out, sure he says it himself it's what he wanted (fame and success) but really, the monotony of the types of questions must be wearing. I haven't seen the interview you mentioned but the opposite of that is the interview with Australia's Richard Wilkins (on the today show) where they are walking down the street, chatting like old friends. Michael has admitted he is a different guy now, like others have said, we all change, i guess Michael just gets to have every little move recorded and noticed (and commented on)

I don't think fans mean any less to him now - he knows he has great fans and I too think when we see him live, the grateful part of him will be on show.

That's my 2 cents...

It is pleasant to me as Michael communicates with the admirers, on one of show (I looked photos), it should leave already, and one of fans has asked the autograph and it has rushed through all hall what not to leave its disappointed;

The only thing because of what I sometimes am upset it its malicious enough jokes but what to do, likely when to you ask the same questions it bothers

I did not appreciate Michael's comments when asked about sleeping with his Bible when he was

younger - he must not have read it much - just slept with it.

I was disappointed that instead of talking about a relationship with Jesus Christ he gave an

answer that all potential record buyers would be fine with. Sad and flaky. I hoped for more

than that - I love his voice, oh well.

-Disappointed

Guess he's just tired of answer the same things everytime.

I so agree with you.

But I feel the need to comment on this again, after giving it

some more thought last night. We fans have come to know

that they ALWAYS ask Michael the same old questions, every

single time he is interviewed - let's face it. He's a very regular

guy with an extraordinary talent. That's it. They have already

gone over his life story so many times that I feel that I

personally could write a biography - it wouldn't be very long...

since he is still so young (thank goodness).

Here's the situation as I see it... Michael sings love songs.

(Heck, CRAZY LOVE is solely about love and he stated on the

Chris Isaak show that it was about his personal life over the past

year...) so of course interviewers are going to ask about your

personal life. When you are an artist such as Michael that sings

with such passion, well, he MUST sing from experience, right?

And the love experience can only come from your personal life

so by being the type of entertainer he has chosen to be, there

will always be personal questions about his life - as that is the

art that he so gorgeously and kindly chosen to present to us.

IT MUST BE PERSONAL. That's the only way that he can sing

with such passion and true conviction which is what we fans

love most about him, yeah?

Here in The Netherlands, another "secret Michael Bublé show" is planned by Radio 2.

You can win a ticket for that show, by sending an "original" question for Michael to Radio 2.

As I have had the luck to be able to attend the last "secret show", about 2 years ago already, I really really hope to be able to see this one as well... It was a small venue and very relaxed with GREAT music...

But I really have a problem of thinking of an "original" question!!!!! The man must be fed up with all these questions (although it comes with the job....). So: if one of you could think of a good one and inform me....(so I can "use" it for the contest...)... I'd be very grateful.... LOL!

Mouse :D

Seely................I would like to take this one..................You have been a member for 11 days on the board.....and have posted

twice................To answer your question?.......Of course he has changed.........We all change from minute to minute......No one ever stands

still...............But it is in growth..........And understanding.......And what is expected of you.......And that depends on your circumstances......

He is in a position where he hardly owns his own life..................And that takes a toll on you.........And often you stop being casual as you

have been used to...........And now you are a very hot commodity........You are a product..............People are scheming to get a tiny piece

of you..................They will rip your clothes off...........They will carry scissors and take a piece of your hair.................Do you think if you

were in a situation like that.........It would not change your reaction to the public?..............You have to do and go and be places as fast

as you can...........to get to safety...........Big business has big money in you............And you are ordered to have a Body Guard........People

are crazy in love with celebrities................And they are also crazy in hate with them...............People might throw something at you that could harm you.......When you reach Michaels status......You value your life and ........believe it or not....................There are enough crazies out

there to make you avoid the public all together.......I believe Michael will cease being so available to fans......Not because he doesn't

love them...........But because ..........The people that direct the traffic in Michaels life.....are insistant on it................And also......the fans

........the real fans of Michaels............will not want him to put himself in danger any more than he has to...............And this is the way we

want him to be........Because we want him safe.............Is this a little more clear?...........I know that many of the things I have mentioned....

you might not have thought of........But believe me.......I met Michael just walking in the Denver Air Port..........And no one on earth could

have been more at ease.......friendly.......or sweet and kind.................Believe us older fans......We have been with him from the beginning......

And they don't come any better than he is to his fans..............And about his private life?...........They have crucified him in the press......

They will take a seed and turn it into a full blown wheat field.....Only they will turn it around so it makes bad news.........As that is the

only thing that makes headlines now days......Bad news...................He has had that.....been there...done that..................So I would do the

very same.............His private life is the only thing that is his....................Loyalty is accepting the things that have to be..............And still

being there for him......................................

I'm agree with you 100%.

Very well put, Irene

We all change as time passes but Michael certainly seems like basically the same Michael we've know for years. OTOH, his career has changed dramatically, and so he must make whatever changes he needs to insure his safety and sanity. Being a performer doesn't mean you no longer are entitled to a private life. Michael deserves to have his private life respected. Saying he only cares about money isn't very nice, and it's certainly not the Michael that we know. He's got the best selling album in the country. I'm thrilled for him; he's worked really hard to get where he is today. With this kind of success and the demands on his time and energy, it's amazing he's stayed as grounded as he is.

I hope I didn't offend anyone...I certainly did not mean to. My comment wasn't very nice and I am sorry I am a nice person usually. I really adore Michael and his music/ talent. I think maybe that one interview sort of made me think...isn't he about the fans anymore??

Has he gone too Hollywood?

But I have read the posts replying to my post and I hate that I may have irritated anyone at all..I am ashamed of how it must have sounded but am glad I asked the question (just wished I had worded it differently). I understand everthing now based on what dear Irene said in the first reply.

Sorry to all,(Sorry to MB, too)

Seely

You kinda have to think of it this way; Imagine if you let the entire world in on your life and how live it. After awhile you lose that sense of having something just for you. I'm surprised Michael has let us in on so much of his personal life already. Sometimes things just have to be for you and I get that and understand.(:

I've talked to Michael last Friday and 2 weeks before that, and he's the same sweet, sincere and funny guy he has always been.

I totally agree with everything you say I couldn't have put it better myself!!!!

When Michael says as he does in a 2 or 3 interviews taht i have seen that he loves the money qoute "I Love The Money Keep Buying My Albums"

That is Michael's sense of humour that I have grown used to & love he says some thing to shock but that is his way of being funny & I just view it that way!!!

I've talked to Michael last Friday and 2 weeks before that, and he's the same sweet, sincere and funny guy he has always been.

Thanks, Whit.

That's the way I have always seen him..or thought he would be like. He seems to be the nicest most down-to-earth (I don't know how!!!) guy ever considering what he puts up with.

thanks for the kind words about our guy

Thanks, Whit.

That's the way I have always seen him..or thought he would be like. He seems to be the nicest most down-to-earth (I don't know how!!!) guy ever considering what he puts up with.

thanks for the kind words about our guy

I was able to speak with him after the Vegas concert in July, and he was everything Whit said he was. Imagine 2:30 in the morning at a loud smoky nightclub after he'd poured his heart into a wonderful concert, and he still took the time to take a picture with me and sign my cd. He was very sweet to those of us who were able to have a moment with him and it was much more than I would have expected. I've never heard of another celebrity who treasures his fans as much as Michael does.

i don't think michael changes in interviews.

When i see him, i always see that sweet, charming and very funny guy that anyone could fall in love with at first glance.

I think that if people think he has changed they just need to get used to him.

He will never change in my eyes! :D

Love you 4ever Michael! <3

x x

I don't think he's changed much. However, I do appreciate that he's keeping his personal life private and not so public like he's done in the past.

Hi Everyone,

I think high profile people need to be protective of their private lifes. I don't think Michael has changed personaly.I have watched so many interviews over the past year,hearing him say "money don't matter"!!.I really do beleive MB is still a very grounded guy,who truly loves his fans.He so isn't all Hollywood,on how many occasions has Michael poked fun at (some celebs no names) for being pretentious & ungrateful people.

After all he played the Morongo Casino for free to give back to his fans.

He is one generous guy!!!

What i really wanted to say is..Go check out darlenejoys post over at Did anyone see Michael at Morongo Casino...

This will tell, the story of what Micheal Buble is really all about.

What a great guy!!!

Irene You said it!

Em :-)

xx