Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sara Andrea Vera

Why is "Song For You" so special?

24 posts in this topic

Hello!!

I apologize if someone asked this before, but as several people have mentioned that when Michael "Song For You" he gets a little bit emotional. Does anyone know why is that song so special for him?

I mean, it's a beautiful song but there must be something else to it.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Have a Bublé day!!! :D

Hey Sara!

Don't know but love to hear the reason why!

I've seen some videos from his concert in Sydney (if I'm correct posted by traximaz- thanks by the way) that he gets really emotional, singing with tears in his eyes, actually sometimes it seems like he won't be able to keep going singing.

It's sooooo beautiful (especially "HOME")!

aw i love that song so much

he he does get pretty emotional about it. i personally dont know but if i was him i would too. its such a beautiful song!!

when i saw him june 14th in perth i swear he cried a bit at the end when he sung that without the mic. i cried too!!!!

love him so much :P

aw i love that song so much

he he does get pretty emotional about it. i personally dont know but if i was him i would too. its such a beautiful song!!

when i saw him june 14th in perth i swear he cried a bit at the end when he sung that without the mic. i cried too!!!!

love him so much :P

You are probably right that he was crying a little. He got teary eyed in Albuquerque when he sang it. It was very touching!

l_4ec712466858885de72ee7d2a047e996.jpg

I love reading about everyone's experiences and am so jealous, because I hope someday to make

it to one of Michael's concerts. I've watched the Caught in the Act DVD many times and when he sings Song for You

I see the same thing you guys have experienced in person. I think because Michael is so passionate about his Music

that he realizes that it is because of each of his fans that he is where he is at today. He pours so much of his heart and

soul into everything he does that it's easy to understand why he would be so emotional. It's so wonderful to see an

entertainer who cares so much. Some of the pictures you've all posted show how tired and exhausting this trip has been.

I wish Michael and the rest of gang the best on the next leg of their journey. I hope thay can all get some well deserved

rest. My prayers and thanks go out to you Michael for being such a wonderful human being. Thanks for letting our "Spirits

Soar "with you on your passionate journey.

I don't post that often but roam the threads and found this one rather interesting

My personal take on why he gets so emotional is that the lyrics really speak for the situation. It's the end of the show, where every single person, from front row to all the way in the back has had a moment with Michael, big or small. And I think he wants everyone to remember that moment. "And when my life is over, I'll remember when we were together. We were alone and I was singing this song for you." I think that line in the song shows that he'll remember this concert, those moments he had with everyone. I think he also proves that by singing that part a'ccapella and without the microphone to a packed audience to reach the die hard fan in the back row. I know when I sat far from front, I still felt like we were alone and he was singing the song to me. It's just really amazing. My first time I heard him sing it, I got really emotional.

This was just a personal opinion...

I believe MB is truly singing the song for all of his fans who support and adore him :)

I don't post that often but roam the threads and found this one rather interesting

My personal take on why he gets so emotional is that the lyrics really speak for the situation. It's the end of the show, where every single person, from front row to all the way in the back has had a moment with Michael, big or small. And I think he wants everyone to remember that moment. "And when my life is over, I'll remember when we were together. We were alone and I was singing this song for you." I think that line in the song shows that he'll remember this concert, those moments he had with everyone. I think he also proves that by singing that part a'ccapella and without the microphone to a packed audience to reach the die hard fan in the back row. I know when I sat far from front, I still felt like we were alone and he was singing the song to me. It's just really amazing. My first time I heard him sing it, I got really emotional.

wow thats totally true, i agree with you its like we have our moments with him just for that second. i just love the lyrics to that song. everytime i listen to it i just wanna cry remembering when he sing without the mic

We can only speculate about why/if the song is special to Michael, but I would think that the lyrics have everything to do with it.

Again, this is speculation on my part, but I would have to say that it's sort of like a love letter to his family and friends for loving him and cheering him on, and to his fans for supporting him. He gets to live his dream each night on stage, and he knows how fortunate he is to do it. He "gets" it. He's grateful to us for showing up night after night, and helping him achieve that dream.

As for the a capella at the end, I think it's brilliant, because, as Michael has said, he's building a brand, something that will distinguish him from all the rest, something that will be lasting. By perhaps making "Song for You" a signature song, he can simultaneously thank people for supporting him, and remind people why they support him by singing a capella at the end by showcasing that beautiful voice. So smart! He's simply an amazing entertainer, and an astounding singer.

I'm just smitten, what can I say? :)

I saw Michael at Sydney Entertainment Centre last Saturday 21st, it was the most amazing concert i've ever been too! I've never cried at a concert however when he sang Song For You i was brought to tears....!!!

I have been listening to him everyday since then and when i play this song it brings back those memories and i can't help but get all teary again!

He has the best voice and is such an entertainer! We waited after the concert and was lucky enough to see him and Naturally 7 perform Stardust in the car park absolutely amazing!!!!

Truly a Buble Fan Forever!

This song has such a beautiful lyric. I've loved it since Leon Russell first wrote and recorded it back in 1970. I saw him perform this song live at the Montréal Forum back in 1972. For the first time since then, in a few weeks I'll be seeing Leon Russell performing live. I can't imagine him not doing this song again. After seeing Michael sing this song live so many times, it'll be interesting to hear the original version again sung by the song's writer.

This song is very important for me, it's beautiful I love to listening!

I think like lots of you that he sings that song for us - fans. It's something like a gift from him for us.

I just watched MSQ and I still having tears in my eyes. When he sung this a cappella, i just...ohh it was very hard to keep tears in my eyes :rolleyes:

It's very special and sentimental song :)

Hi Guys,

I starred and produced a 'Michael Buble Charity Gala Night,' in October 2009 in the UK and finished at the end of the first half with 'Song For You'.... a truely beautiful song. I had so many things I wanted to say about my wife and our togetherness before I sang this song.... and ended up blubbing like a baby (not the best idea whan trying to sing).

It's not just the song but the words.....' I love you in a place where there's no space or time.....' wowsers...

Thanks

Steve

www.bubletribute.com

I don't know if this is correct, but maybe he sang it to somebody he loved in the past and everytime he sings it he thinks of them... just a guess. :mellow:

I agree with what you say. I adore this song, and sing it every day with my three year old in the car. He adores Michael too! i think he sings it without the mic at the end to remove that one last barrier between himself and the audience. He puts so much effort and emotion into all his songs anyway and i think this is the one last thing he can do for his audience to help him get that bit closer to us. You can see when he sings those lines how much he puts into it. Its amazing and i cry every time i watch him sing this song. xx

I agree with what you say. I adore this song, and sing it every day with my three year old in the car. He adores Michael too! i think he sings it without the mic at the end to remove that one last barrier between himself and the audience. He puts so much effort and emotion into all his songs anyway and i think this is the one last thing he can do for his audience to help him get that bit closer to us. You can see when he sings those lines how much he puts into it. Its amazing and i cry every time i watch him sing this song. xx

"Song for You" a song I never get enough of. I saw Michael for the first time in Portland, Oregon in April and I will never forget the moment the curtains closed and he started singing this song. I was back aways from the stage, but even looking at the big screen to the right of me. I felt personally involved in the moment. Michael has a special way to make each and everyone in the audience feel that you are the only one in the room. I've read the forum for awhile now and really understand what everyone has been talking about. Until you experience it first-hand I don't think a person can really understand. He is so appreciative to everyone that is there to see him that he is totally overwhelmed. He is so passionate about what he does that he can't help himself. I've taught music and performance for many years and I know when I've done my job and the audience is shedding a few tears, applauding & and begging for more. Sometimes at that moment, you are so overwhelmed that the emotions come rushing out of a place deep within. I love seeing Michael express those feelings and that is why he is the man we all love and respect. Katie from SE WA

When I saw him last week he actually wiped away a tear bless him :P

was that in Liverpool? I seen that too, I have it on camera, bless him :')

This song will never get old for me.

I adore it.

Same! Its just the most beautiful song isn't it! :)