Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May A

Signature Length

49 members have voted

1. 1. For or against?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

I've been noticing that sometimes signatures are just TOO long. Sometimes the post is only a couple of words long, and the signature takes up the whole screen. (And I'm using a pretty big screen.) Maybe there sould be a limit of one image and a certain number of characters? :)

I just noticed that I asked "For or Against?" and that the options are "Yes" and "No". You get what I mean. :P Sorry for the error. ;)

True, sometimes they really are too long.

I'm kinda half and half.

Some are too long but I guess they just like pictures and stuff.

xo

I'm on the fence about it. Some are really too long. I think mine is kinda long, but I simply just have a lot to say!

:lol:

I'm on the fence about it. Some are really too long. I think mine is kinda long, but I simply just have a lot to say!

:lol:

Hmmm... Before I say anything, I'd just like to say that I'm looking at your signature in a completely objective way and am constructively criticizing it. :) Some of the things in your signature are repetitive (like the stuff about the Buble nerds). Some of the things don't really say much (song names, song lyrics). The picture in your sig. is the same as your avatar, so you don't really need it in your sig. ;)

I Think The Signature Is A Way To Express Yourself.

So Therefore, I Dont Have A Problem With 'Long' Siggys. :)

Gives You An Insight Into The Persons Personality And How They Feel. :)

Dannii x

i love my signature

that say my greatest dream and brings a little self from me in this topic

Hmmm... Before I say anything, I'd just like to say that I'm looking at your signature in a completely objective way and am constructively criticizing it. Some of the things in your signature are repetitive (like the stuff about the Buble nerds). Some of the things don't really say much (song names, song lyrics). The picture in your sig. is the same as your avatar, so you don't really need it in your sig.

lol! Yah, I was thinking that last night....but I don't really mind it. I had fun creating my siganture. lol!

So Therefore, I Dont Have A Problem With 'Long' Siggys.

Gives You An Insight Into The Persons Personality And How They Feel.

Dannii x

Yah, I agree. ;]

So Therefore, I Dont Have A Problem With 'Long' Siggys. :)

Gives You An Insight Into The Persons Personality And How They Feel. :)

Dannii x

Well, sure, it lets people express themselves, but the really long signatures with tons of pictures take time to load. And I'm using a high-speed connection! Could you imagine how much time it'd take to load for somebody using a slower connection or (God forbid :P) dial-up.

I mean, having a gazillion pictures of Michael in your signature doesn't say anything about YOU. It just says that you like Michael and / or the way he looks in pics. That's already kind of assumed since everybody on here is here because they're a Michael Buble fan. Besides, I hate having to scroll down for 10 million light years to read the next reply... Sometimes the reply is only a word or two long and the signature has 10 pictures and tons of writing!

Maybe there could be a way to add stuff like that to your member profile so that people who are interested in finding out more about a certain person's personality / the way they feel could go see that stuff there? I mean, instead of cluttering the topics with excessively long sigs...

i love my signature

that say my greatest dream and brings a little self from me in this topic

Your signature is really nice, nera323, but do you really need TWO banners? I mean, you could surely use only one, couldn't you? When you get bored with one of them, you can use the other... Just a suggestion... ;)

lol! Yah, I was thinking that last night....but I don't really mind it.

Other people might. ;)

Well, sure, it lets people express themselves, but the really long signatures with tons of pictures take time to load. And I'm using a high-speed connection! Could you imagine how much time it'd take to load for somebody using a slower connection or (God forbid :P) dial-up.

I mean, having a gazillion pictures of Michael in your signature doesn't say anything about YOU. It just says that you like Michael and / or the way he looks in pics. That's already kind of assumed since everybody on here is here because they're a Michael Buble fan. Besides, I hate having to scroll down for 10 million light years to read the next reply... Sometimes the reply is only a word or two long and the signature has 10 pictures and tons of writing!

Maybe there could be a way to add stuff like that to your member profile so that people who are interested in finding out more about a certain person's personality / the way they feel could go see that stuff there? I mean, instead of cluttering the topics with excessively long sigs...

Thats Actually A Rather Good Point Lol. The Pictures Can Get Annoying, But When Its Writing I Have Nothin Against It, I Mean Writing Doesnt Take Up That Much Space.

I Spose What Bran Said, Some People Have Alot To Say Lol :)

Dannii x

I also think that the signature is a way to express yourself and I think it's one of the most important thing for a member of a message board but soem signatures are just too long. As you said, the post only takes a few words and the signature takes the whole screen. There's another aspect: Some people here on the message board may still have a lower connection and so the time to load will take seconds longer.

I don't think the signatures should be limited but we should mind other people not to get on their nerves with our signatures.

Maybe Bobby D. should notice somewhere that signatures shouldn't be too long.

Just my opinion! ;)

I also think that the signature is a way to express yourself and I think it's one of the most important thing for a member of a message board but soem signatures are just too long. As you said, the post only takes a few words and the signature takes the whole screen. There's another aspect: Some people here on the message board may still have a lower connection and so the time to load will take seconds longer.

I don't think the signatures should be limited but we should mind other people not to get on their nerves with our signatures.

Just my opinion! ;)

Good point. ;)

I've been thinking about making mine smaller. lol!

Thats Actually A Rather Good Point Lol. The Pictures Can Get Annoying, But When Its Writing I Have Nothin Against It, I Mean Writing Doesnt Take Up That Much Space.

I Spose What Bran Said, Some People Have Alot To Say Lol :)

Dannii x

Oh, I have nothing against writing either. I just think that there should be a one picture limit per signature, and the picture shouldn't be bigger than approximately 500 pixels wide by 300 pixels long. Well, obviously, people shouldn't write a gazillion things in their signature either... A reasonable character limit might help with that.

Just my opinion! ;)

I don't know whether that'll work or not... This is a completely random example, but there was a new law that was just created in my city to ban smoking on all public transit property. First people were politely reminded to think of others and not smoke indoors at the transit stations or in the bus shelters (by the gazillion "NO SMOKING" signs all over the place indoors and on every single bus shelter and by the public transit employees). However, some smokers disregarded the rule and a law had to be created. Now the smokers are complaining! (There's a maximum fine of $5,000.) Honestly, if they had all followed the rule, they would still be able to smoke outdoors. :) So my point is that sometimes you have to "lay down the law" to enforce something.

Good point. ;)

I've been thinking about making mine smaller. lol!

:o Good job with editing your sig., Brandi!!! It's MUCH better now!!! :D

I Honestly Think That Some Are Waay Too Long.

Mines Is Actually Quite Long But I Mean Like The Whole Page!

Its Too Much!

I Think Maybe 2 Pictures And A Number Of Characters Would Be Better.

I love my signature! ç_ç°

I don't want to change it!

I love my signature! ç_ç°

I don't want to change it!

i LOVE your signature, its soo bright :D!!

I'm like a rainbow xD

I'm the board rainbow °___°

I'm like a rainbow xD

I'm the board rainbow °___°

You Are The BOARD RAINBOW. :D

I have 3 pics in my sig, I think its about right but if I was told to make it smaller I would do.

I agree that some sigs are a bit too long though.

hello

i agree the signatur

is to express myself

lost is a little about my self

lol Some sigs are long, some even take up my whole screen!

But it doesn't annoy me, no, it's actually amusing because it reminds me of people's room or house. You know, some people got many clustered things, some got lots to say.

It's our own personal place where we can put what we want, and it's nice to see and learn a bit about the person.

(Big pics of Michael = how they adore Michael so dearly) :)

But I guess some people should shrink the image size so it won't take long to load the page, but the long-ness and text of sigs are fine with me. :P

Well Because Of My Original Signature, Which Contained Writing This Size And A Largeish Picture, I Got TOLD To Change Mine, So It Doesn't Really Seem Like An Opinion.

I've been noticing that sometimes signatures are just TOO long. Sometimes the post is only a couple of words long, and the signature takes up the whole screen. (And I'm using a pretty big screen.) Maybe there sould be a limit of one image and a certain number of characters? :)

May May May..........I don't think there should be a limit,

I enjoy seeing all the creativity on thier signature's, it says a little about them......I find this very interesting......

How can you put a limit, on expressing your feelings, thoughts, or to share a special message on your signature.........or sharing images, pictures and all kinds of pretty stuff I see.... I think it's great!

Let's leave this issue up to the MOD - if he feels necessary to set a limit or not- he can just PM the member :rolleyes:

I Think That Sig's Should Include Stuff About Michael Though.. Cause Thats The Whole Point Of This Board.

xx