irene hope

"Mom Amber Bublé....Got a Minute?"

15,281 posts in this topic

Shelley, what a wonderful post! icon_smile.gif

quote:
However, these dark beliefs have no place in matters of the heart and when they begin to trump love and respect in our lives we get the most painful family disease - the 'me' disease which gradually leads to divorce with the symptoms often being blamed for the destruction of the family unit.

I absolutely agree! I was brought up with the same system of values and morals you were, I suspect. icon_wink.gif

What wonderful posts on this thread. To oneonherown enjoy the show in Chicago, I know you will. Michael has brought so much joy to my life. I feel he and his family share the same values that I was raised with. He is a wonderful singer, but oh so much more than that. When he sings he touches my soul. After having survived breast cancer his music gives so much hope and peace. May he and his family be safe in their travels and enjoy this fantastic ride they are on. All my best to Michael and his family and of course all his fans.

Shelley.....

That's a great post....It's so great to

tune in here at our little short wave station and be able to feed off of everyones life and

experiences....We truly are each others clinical

material.....Thank you for your beautiful thoughts.....Its truth that each day we gain

from each other......

Stay cool!......Yo!

Cristina.....

You are becoming a regular and thats so

great....Enjoy your comments and so glad to hear

from you.....

Lots of love here.....Yo!

Hey Lynne loves Michael...

Welcome aboard!!! You are among family and friends here!!! You will meet and get to know terrific people here!!! Enjoy!!!

I garantee you that Mom Bublé (Amber) will be reading you soon if she hasn't already!!! She told me so in Vegas!!! She reads the board everyday!!! She's touring with Michael right now and so is Dad Bublé (Lewis)...

Wowow!!! We've got ourselves a fighter here!! You survived breast cancer!!! Congrats! So did my paternal grand-mother and she's 83!!! She was 78 when she was diagnosed and had a double mastectomy. She's still around and kicking!!! She's one tough "cookie" and so are you!!! Hahahaha!!!

Keep posting!!! Looking forward to read you!!!

Johanne (the girl with too many names and then some...)

Josephine....

Your comments are always so welcome and

kind....Thank you for being so gracious.....Love

to hear more from you.....

Love to you!....Yo!

Grand-maman Jewel...

What can I say to that beautiful post you sent me!!! I'm speechless every time you do that!!! You know how to play with my heart strings don't you??! And I love to let you do it too!!! Hahahaha!!!

I loved your post on the "old fashioned way" of living. As I was reading it, I could "feel" you pulling up my favorite safety blanket over my shoulders. What a great feeling!!! Thanks grand-maman for being so loving and simply being you!!!

LOL,

Soon-see (the girl with too many names and then some...)

Shelley!!!!!!!!

Wowowowow!!! Truly enjoyed reading your last post!!! It is sooooo true!!! I just looooove reading you!!!

Keep at it girl!!! You've got it in you!!!

I miss you terribly!!! So to feel less lonesome, I look up to your star every night, whisper your name and see your sweet face!!!

PS... SOMEONE (MISSY BEAR) IN THE TOUR SECTION HAS TWO TICKETS (ROW T)FOR THE RALEIGH CONCERT FOR SALE... SHE'S ASKING 125$ EACH... CHECK IT OUT BEFORE SHE PUTS THEM ON EBAY!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Thinking of you!!

Thanks for the response Ditto/Johanne it makes me feel welcome. I was 42 when diagnosed with breast cancer and had a 5 and 8 year old boy. I had a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. That was 6 years ago and so far so good, except having to have a surgical biopsy on other breast this past January, luckily it was benign. I am counting the days until I see Michael again in Providence. When I did get up to in front of the stage at Mohegan I was struck by his beautiful eyes, skin and great teeth. He brings so much happiness to me. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

My heart weeps for Christopher and Dana Reeve's son... To be orphaned and still so young!!!!

At least he's not alone in his pain... He's surrounded by family and friends.

My thoughts are with him...

Grand-maman Jewel...

Did you delete your last post??! Why???

I wanted to read it one more time before responding to it!!!

LOL,

Blossom...

Hi, everybody and a special hi to LynnlovesMichael. When ever in need of a "special hug" come to this thread. These ladies are wonderful and so caring and inspirational. It´s our HOME!!! Whenever I read of someone winning, as you have Lynn, it brings joy to my heart. God bless you!!! You give me strengh to endure whatever comes my way. I´m at this moment a very happy Mom cause one of my daughters just had a "hugh scare" and today was her appointment with her doctor and he said that ALL WAS WELL...she has something benign, oh I just forget what it is...didn´t hear anything else after he said "benign". I gather my strenght through this "home" and all the encouring thoughts spread around... So...THANKS!! EVERYBODY!!! "AM FEELING GOOD!!!"

Hi Boricua!!!

Happy to "hear" that all is well with you and your daughter. This is great news!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!! A great big hug to both of you!!!

Have yourself a great weekend!!

GOOD EVENING AMBER AND ALL YOU LOVELYS ON BOARD.

JUST FINISHED CLEANING THE KITCHEN AND WAITING FOR MY TEA KETTLE TO GET HOT SOO I CAN HAVE A CUP OF TEA WITH YOU. BORICUE, HOW RELIEVED YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER MUST BE TO HEAR THE WORD, BENIGN. THE WAITING FOR TEST RESULTS IS A TRRIBLE STRESSFULL TIME. BE RIGHT BACK, MY TEA KETTLE IS HOT. AAAH, THAT FEELS GOOD, HOT TEA. I HAVE A CHILDREN'S TEA SET THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME AND MY SIS FROM OUR UNCLE WHEN I WAS ABOUT 6YRS. OLD AS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT. IT'S FINE CHINA. MY SIS AND I WOULD HAVE HOT COCOA IN IT AND PRETEND WE WERE GROWN- UPS. MY AUNT FRAN LIVED WITH US FOR A FEW YEARS AND SHE WOULD PLAY PRETEND WITH US. SHE IS THE SAME AUNT THAT PUT ME IN THE CORNER AND FORGOT SHE PUT ME THERE.I LAUGH AT THAT NOW BUT, AT THE TIME I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS FUNNY, I HAD TO GO POTTY. I LOOK AT THAT TEA SET, NOW, IN THE CHINA CABINET AND WAVES OF HAPPY MEMORIES FLOW OVER ME. I GUESS EVERY ONE HAS SOMETHING THAT BRINGS BACK HAPPY MEMORIES. THIS SITE IRENE STARTED IS MAKING MEMORIES EACH DAY FOR MICHAEL'S FANS. MICHAEL HAS GIVEN ME BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES, I'LL ALWAYS BE GRATEFULL TO "MY HERO OF SONG" SPECIAL HUGS TO LEWIS, HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.

IRENE, YOU DOLL YOU. I LAUGH AT YOUR SAYING , JUST BECAUSE THE TIRES ARE WORN- DOESN'T MEAN THE ENGINES DEAD. I 'M SURE WE PROVED THAT IN VEGAS.

SHELLEY, I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR LOVELY POSTS. I AM IN AWE OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL WORDS. YOU ARE SO YOUNG BUT, YOUR VALUES ARE THAT OF OLD, THAT ADDS UP IN MY BOOK AS ONE FANTASTIC LADY.

HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.

There is some CAAARRRAAAZZYY weather going on outside today. It has been storming like crazy. There have been at least tornado touchdowns reported. My uncle's neighbor lost the roof on their home. After the tornado that tore through here a few months ago everyone is a little jumpy. That one passed about .5 mile from my house and had a death toll of over 22. There is a post on my blog from around that time. Check the post on November 8.

The storm today was pretty rough. The power was out briefly, but the rain and wind was the worst. There is a lot of wind damage near my grandparents. My father and I drove over to check on them. They had no power, but were fine.

After the storm I was out with my mom and sister when we saw a lovely site. It was a double rainbow. A rarity. I tried to get a pic with my cell, but you can really only see one. If you look really hard you can see the second to it's left.

I am posting the pics on my blog. It was a beautiful way to end a rough day. Tomorrow around noon my sis and I will be Chicago bound. I planned out our route today. It's mostly interstate, so it should be an easy drive. If we are lucky it will take between 7 and 8 hours. We are making a whole weekend of this.

I can't believe the concert is just two days away. I've got Buble on the brain. I've been listening to his music all week. Getting geared up. I am sure it will be amazing.

Everyone on this board is really kind. It's nice to know that people like that are out there. It is so easy to get discouraged after watching the news or reading the paper. Ugh, and the dating world. Need I even comment?

Anyway. Check out the cool rainbow pics. And have a Maaaavalous day.

http://somewherebetweenhereandthere.blogspot.com/

quote:
After the storm I was out with my mom and sister when we saw a lovely site. It was a double rainbow. A rarity. I tried to get a pic with my cell, but you can really only see one. If you look really hard you can see the second to it's left.

Wow, how beautiful! The last time I saw a double rainbow was just two years ago at a festival - what a sight.

Sorry to hear about the weather - it's been ugly here as well, but you must be getting the worst of it! (I'm near Chicago).

I hope to see you at the concert! If not, I hope you have a safe trip and an extraordinary time.

Love,

Susie

ONE ON HER OWN, GREAT RAINBOWS. HEARD ABOUT THE STORM ON TV. HOPE WEATHER WILL BE GOOD FOR YOUR TRIP.SPENDING TIME WITH YOUR SIS AND SHARING A MICHAEL CONCERT MAKES FOR EXTRA SPECIAL MEMORIES. BE SAFE, HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.

Dear Boricua,

So glad to hear your daughter is o.k. and it was benign, they are fantastic words. Cancer makes up realize how precious our lives are. It also helps to put our priorities straight, to look deep inside and find what matters most to us. Have a great day.

To Our Dear and Wonderful Ladies of the Buble' set-

I have read through these pages and realized that we have been through alot together.One thing that I do know is that no matter what we have all been a supportive group.- a "family" in many ways.

Boricua- I am thankful all is going better for you. The prayers from this board are heard.

Not matter what your beliefs- there is one thing that holds true here- a good support system (ours is phenomenal) can get you through anything and you all have proven so- time and time again.

The reason we are all this way is from an upbringing that dictated us to be giving and caring from our hearts, but what pulled it all together- is 2 words Michael Buble'.

Unfortunate for us- the rise in his success- demands more of him and he suffers so immensely when it comes to being with his fans. But we all must accept that he is doing the best he can- no matter how much we may not like it or how we are disappointed in the way things are handled. We can only hope that the success does not change him and that he becomes inaccessible.

Love to you WONDERFUL AND LOVELY ladies.

Stay save and warm this weekend.

Roxann

aka The Quilt Lady- LOL

Member of the Buble-aholics

Co-founder of Addicted2buble.com

Gosh... All your comments move me so much. I can't tell you what an experience this board has been to me. I feel like I know all of you so well. Michael has made all this happen. It's amazing. Really, amazing. It shows you how music and someone special (like our Michael) can move and bring people together.

Roxann, you are so special... Your thoughts are so wonderful and shared.

If any of you are going to be in San Diego, please let me know. I have to make a list (omg.... Michael just came on AOL radio... Reminds of You..) train of thought back.... If any of you are going to be in San Diego... please let me know. I think that we should wear name tags, so we don't make fools of ourselves with complete strangers.

DarylD

Roxann - I couldn't agree with you more. It amazes me every single time I sign on to this board. The friendships that have come out of Michael's music are remarkable! I never thought that I would find such supportive individuals by joining a message board to chat about my favorite artist! It's truly astounding.

Boricua - I apologize, I had meant to comment on your daughter and the news! What a relief it must have been. Hope all is well!

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks, Michael and Amber, for everything you do to make us smile every day.

Love,

Susie

Hi everyone. Thanks to Swooninggranny for her personal e-mail to me re my breast cancer. That was so sweet of you. Everyone on here seems so nice and genuine. Michael's music reminds me of when my dad and mom used to make me listen to all the jazz standards, which I now love. Since both my parents are deceased to hear Michael sing these beautiful songs I feel like my parents are there beside me. It is such a wonderful, warm and homey feeling. Thanks again Michael.

Yes this board is one big family,i have even adoptedtwo as my daughters Roxann and Valerie.Even though i do have my own daughter these two have befriended me so much that i feel like a mother to them.And yes Michael has suffered to much from some fans from what i have read of his concertsthat it has caused him to back off a little to picture taking with his fans and slowed down on his autographs.If the fans that can't control their behavior and act like decent adults at his concerts he might not allow any of this at all anymoreat his concerts which is ashame.Just because of fans that want to tear the poor man apart.I hope i don't get backlash for this post .But this is my opinion.

Jazzygrandma-georgia

To Amber always and all my choice friends.......

This is just a test!!!!!!!!

This is only a test!!!!!!!

Just as surely as this message comes across

our TV when we are enthralled in our very favorite show.....Warning of an empending Weather Watch or National Emergency.....

This life is just a Test!!!!!!!

This is well to remember when a grave injustice

hits us in the face.....Or Someone Bangs into our car after running a red light.....Or any number of things that could send us into orbit

mentally......

Its also well to remember when I deleted

my post yesterday that we don't all have our

ladder placed against the same wall......

We are not all in the same place....We all

have different inconveniences we have to deal

with and they are not all a result of our own

choices.....And I would never ever want to hurt

any ones feelings for any kind of reason.....

But what I want to address now is so tender to me and it is maybe the biggest part of

each of our lives..Or one of the biggest.....

Please know this subject is very dear to

my heart and I want to address it as this thread

is dedicated to a very special Mother.....

The word "MOTHER".....more than any other word is held in higher esteem by people universally than any other word ever.....

From the cross....The Christ seemed to be

speaking to all as he addressed the apostle John

"Behold thy mother".....

It is the first word uttered from tiny lips..."Mama" as they come from heaven....And is

the most frequently spoken word as well....As these little ones grow it is their Mom they want

to share each new discovery..each accomplishment

...each disappointment...each concern....

The first day the school bell rings...It

draws from her side her prescious child and their is indescribable loneliness....

The Love of a mother and her teachings has

prompted more bad men to be good and good men to

be better than any other motivational force in

the world.....

When men remember their mothers....They

fight life's battles with strength beyond their

own....Powers flow from a heavenly source.....

That was just a little introduction to what I wanted to share with you....

"The woman was old and ragged and gray

And bent with the chill of the Winter's day

The street was wet with a recent snow

And the woman's feet were aged and slow...

She stood at the crossing and waited long..

Alone, uncared for, amid the throng

Of human beings who passed her by...

Not heeded the glance of her anxious eye..

Down the street, with laughter and shout...

Glad in the freedom of "School let out"

Came the boys, like a flock of sheep...

Hailing the snow piled white and deep...

{One} paused beside her and whispered low

"I'll help you cross..If you wish to go."

Her aged hand on his strong young arm

She placed, and so, without hurt or harm,

He guided the trembling feet along...

Proud that his own were firm & strong...

Then back again to his friends he went..

His young heart happy and well content..

"She's somebody's mother, boys, you know,

For all she's aged and poor and slow...

And I hope some fellow will lend a hand

To help my mother, you understand,

If ever she's poor and old and gray,

When her own dear boy is far away."

And "Somebody's mother" bowed low

her head

In her home that night, and the prayer she

said

Was, "God be kind to the noble boy,

Who is somebody's son, and pride and joy!"

You have to know who I had in mind when I read this.....Wouldn't Michael be the first one

out of the group of boys cutting up to leave and

help "Somebodys Mother"......

Because I really believe Michael has this kind of love for his Mom that even extends to

other women as well.....I believe he learned this in his home.....

And you can't learn it...if it isn't there.....I truly believe that Moms have power..

And it is called influence....And I think there

is none other greater in the life of a boy.....

And there is not a greater example of this

than what we see in Michael.....And I don't believe it is by chance....I believe Mothers have a "Divine conduit to heaven."

And by this same conduit....Boys have a

tendency to trust their Mothers.....

There is just something about Home and Mom

that makes a boy want to return .....He will often travel the world over in search of what he

already has in his own back yard.....

And I have to believe that what the endless search is....Is the real test in Life...

The real test is to find what we had in

heaven and then cling on to it with dear life...

And that of course is love.....Real love..

That is Mom's love....And the love that is in a

real home......

I believe Michael respects all women as if

they were "Somebodys Mother".....And that is such a credit to him.....

And I think we can all take note and maybe

hope and pray our boy will be looked upon and

revered as "Somebodys Son".....

Just a little thought for the day.....

Just a Mom who's greates joy in life was

being a Mom..........Great GrandMother and lovin it'.......I now have 70 and 2 in the oven......Yo!

But remember....This is just a test!!!!

Life is just a test!!!!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor