Well hello everyone!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

I hope you all have a great New Years Eve

celebration or just stayed home and relaxed to

watch the New Year come in. I went to a party but

ended early as my sister-in-law decided to have the

party as a New York New Year Eve, which was great so

at 9pm here it was 12PM NY time. Everyone sort of disbursed

around 10:30 or 11, it was a lovely evening.

Came home them got into bed and watched the New Year come in

with my hubby and raised a glass of Champagne! very cool night.

Sending out my best to you all and hope all of you stay healthy

happy and as I do, keep a song in your heart!

Bori, Daryl, Pam, Marlene, Mary, Mariagna, Allen, Jo, Johanna, Mir, Moki, Charlotte, Pati

Special thoughts out to Loretta and Irene, be well my friends and let's keep this

little home cozy and warm~~ "I Love Bein' Here With You"

Love, :D

Yesterday I got a telephone call from the husband of my best friend... she's been hospitalized again, on january 1st.

I planned to visit her today, but this morning he called me again, a few hours before I was going to visit her, completely in panic, she got worse. So I went to pick him up, and we were very eager to see how she was. Luckily she was stable, but it doesn't look to well.

I hate this illness MS, it's really destroying her.

We talked about it this afternoon, but she thinks that this recent Christmas and New Year could be the last one for her...

I have known her since I was 6, and it's just not fair that a woman, only 42 years old, married to a great guy has to go...

Sorry, I'm a little down...

Hugs to you Mirjam and your friends......

Thanks Pam, for the hug, needed that...

Hi, hope everyone has a good times!

Mir, as sorry to hear about your friend, do not worry if you're a little depressed,

this is our mountain home, our refuge for all time, here we are with the family,

and when a family member going through some difficulty, the rest of us

come together in positive thoughts, in prayers,

in the hope and desire that the storm will soon pass, a big hug.

Take care.

Thanks for that hug too, Mary...

Mirjam, i'm sorry that 2010 has such a bad beginning for your friend, her family and her friends. You don't have to say sorry for being down! I hope that she isn't getting any worse and will stay stable... hopefully shel will get a little better

It's good to talk about it, or well write about it here ;)

Sterkte!!

Dank je Judith!

If there's any news I will let you all know. I'm going into therapy now, cleaning the house after the holidays... with the radio on the highest volume.

Bye, Mirjam

Hi friends

Just a time to come home and greet everyone, hopes and wishes everyone is well.

I leave for now, a couple of photos of the Dec. 31, when can I come back with some more ...

zjulicopia1.jpgzjulicopia2.jpg

My godson and his wife especially wanted to take this photo for publication in our Home

zjulicopia.jpg

Take care!

MIRJAM, I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend having

a set-back. We hope and pray that she'll get much better

very soon. We feel for you, and we want to say that you

should not apologize for letting us know. We'd like to

hear how she's doing. And please take care of yourself!

MARY, oh my, what wonderful photos! Thank you so very

much for sharing with us. It's amazing to me how JULIAN

has grown in such a short time. He seems very alert and

intelligent in all the pictures, but especially in the one

with his parents. He's a handsome boy--and he looks like

his dad.

I hope everyone here has a lovely week!

Love to all,

Jo

Hi,

Mary, I just loved the pictures! He's adorable...

My friend is improving very, very slowly, but the MS has infected the lungs, so her breathing will get worse and worse. Time will tell what will happen, she's on medication now, and for the time being she has to stay in the hospital.

But, the panic has gone, and our house is clean... Tomorrow I will visit her again, luckily she is only 10 minutes away...

Thanks for all your support,

love, Mirjam

Hi my beloved family at HOME!.

Mir, is good to know that your friend is a little better,

I keep my prayers for her and her family!.

Johanna, that joy that you are already in the new job,

I'm sure you will do very very well, you deserve it,

thanks for appreciating the photos of that beautiful baby who is Julian.

Jo, you've seen how it grows Julian?, I too am amazed,

thank you for your words of endearment, you know I appreciate them very much.

Please, everyone be safe, full of love,

and with Michael's voice in their hearts forever.

If I can, maybe I'll come back later, leaving all my love.

Irene, Loretta, my prayers remain with you

every day of my life, each one know

2angelitos.gif how much I love, ok?.

a little touch of humor and Love .......

When I was in my younger days,

I weighed a few pounds less,

I didn't hold my tummy in

to wear a belted dress.

But now that I am older,

I've set my body free;

There's comfort of elastic

Where once my waist would be.

Inventor of those high-heeled shoes

My feet have not forgiven;

I have to wear a nine now,

But used to wear a seven.

And how about those pantyhose -

They're sized by weight, you see,

So how come when I put them on,

The crotch is at my knees?

I need to wear these glasses

As the prints were getting smaller;

And it wasn't very long ago

I know that I was taller.

Though my hair has turned to silver

and my skin no longer fits,

On the inside, I'm the same old me,

Just the outside's changed a bit.

grandmaangelwatching.jpg

Grandma Shoes

When I was very little,

All the Grandmas that I knew,

All walked around this world,

In ugly grandma shoes.

You know the ones I speak of,

Those black clunky heeled kind,

They just looked so very awful,

That it weighed upon my mind.

For I knew, when I grew old,

I'd have to wear those shoes,

I'd think of that, from time to time,

It seemed like such bad news.

I never was a rebel,

I wore saddle shoes to school,

And next came ballerinas,

Then the sandals, pretty cool.

And then came spikes with pointed toes,

Then platforms, very tall,

As each new fashion came along,

I wore them, one and all.

But always, in the distance,

Looming in my future, there,

Was that awful pair of ugly shoes,

The kind that grandmas wear.

I eventually got married,

And then I became a Mom.

Our kids grew up and left,

And when their children came along ...

I knew I was a grandma,

And the time was drawing near,

When those clunky, black, old lace up shoes

Was what I'd have to wear.

How would I do my gardening

Or take my morning hike?

I couldn't even think about

How I would ride my bike!

But fashions kept evolving,

And one day I realized

That the shape of things to come,

Was changing, right before my eyes.

And now, when I go shopping,

What I see fills me with glee.

For, in my jeans and Reeboks

I'm as comfy as can be.

And I look at all these teenage girls

And there, upon their feet

Are clunky, black, old Grandma shoes,

And they really think they're neat.

A Grandmother's Creed

As I hold you in my arms for the first time,

I look down at your innocent face and tell you,

"I am your Grandma" and

I tell you what good friends we'll become.

I promise you that my heart will always be a safe haven

where my love for you will know no obstacles.

I will always have faith in you and believe in you.

My home will always be your home.

You are my second chance, sweet innocent baby.

My second chance to bake cookies, and watch the

sparkling anticipation in your eyes.

My second chance to sit and rock a baby to sleep in

my arms, experiencing the tiny heart beating next to mine

as you rest upon my chest.

My second chance to experience the wonder

of a child discovering he can walk and blow

dandelions into the sky. A second chance to view

the world through the innocence of a child's heart.

And this time, there will be no rushing to keep

schedules and clean the house.

You have the advantage of my years and having gained

the wisdom of knowing what's really important in life.

You have the advantage that I know my place in the world

and that a few cobwebs don't really matter.

As the poem goes, you have the advantage that

I now know that babies don't keep.

I promise to be a child with you when you need me to be

and a source of strength when that's what you need from me.

I promise that you will hear more "yes" more often than "no" from me, but I will always honor and respect the place of your mother and father. I will never try to outshine them or diminish their role in your life. For as much as I love you, they love you more.

We'll grow old together ... I'll just get there a little sooner.

Someday, when I'm gone, you'll look back upon all the times we shared and you'll smile. The name Grandmother will always hold a special place in your heart,

just as you have always held one in mine.

grannytoysbaby.jpg

http://www.therealmartha.com/Granny_Greetings/index.htm

JOHANNA, thanks for letting us know that you enjoy your

job! I know that really is important!

Love,

Jo

OY!...... Another Year? OK... it's better than the alternative, I'll concede that.

OK.... Happy New Year Everyone.....

Hope everyone had a lovely New Year. I was here, manning my computer bringing in the New Year with all my Martiniinthemorning.com buddies... from the UK to the West Coast of the U.S. Long,long day/night. But, we had a party you should not miss next time....

Loads of love and hugs,

D

ps.... sorry it took 5 days to sit down and post... I've been hammered at work... :P

I see there is a little angel out there flying around.....with some beautiful little poetry

aimed at tryng to cheer up Gramas?...............Thank you Mary.........It seems the more things change....

The more they remain the same..........The seasons change.........The Landscape changes.......the appearance of each of us changes........But on the inside.......Remains the same only maybe a little

more seasoned.........a bit weathered.......with a few bruises..........but surely a little thicker skinned......

and more aware.......that we all are so much the same.............Regardless of what country we are born

in........or raised in............We all seek and long for acceptance......and love................And if we are in

a situation where it is not comfortable......we each silently search for that entity that gives us that

love or gives us the acceptance that we are so in need of....................And most times that place will be similar to the home we left in heaven.........where there is unconditional love..............

I honestly believe that is one of the secrets of Michaels song..."Home"............We all have that tiny bit of ourselves.......that longs for and gets melancholy thinking of the love that is only found in a loving home..............On Holidays........thanksgiving......Christmas.......There simply is no place that we would rather be..............The people that are honest..............The hardest criminals think of home at Christmas..............They have souls......And there is good in everyone..........Especially in the service.......The young soldiers..................They loved Michaels song.........more than anyone...........

And I couldn't be happier that "It's time".......made the honor it did.........It just proves that there will never be music that will have a stronger impact on the emotions than the standards.............at least ........for the norm or majority of the population........It is just a fact.........It is our emotions that stir us..........down deep..........Hip Hop brings excitement........But it is our emotions that bring the tears and the memories...........And for some reason.......We are a country that holds a great deal of respect for what has made us great............Michael has said himself.......The greatest contribution that America has made to the world.......Is the Standards...........What Michael did in his first two Albums..............Is bring one of the greatest voices and talents of our day........together with the greatest music ever printed.....To produce the sound that captured the hearts and souls.......of the average little person.........along with the gramas.....It was that sound that has caught the attention of the ones that missed him earlier..................

I have to admit........It did hurt a little......when Michael made so many references to singing to gramas..............Yeah!......that stung a little.............But that doesn't deter from the magic coming from that gorgeous voice .....during those albums............They are golden..........I love to listen anything Michael............These new songs are exciting......But the magic remains with the aura and quality of what was on those albums............It will never be equalled by anyone even those

foolish enough to try...............

We each go about our way......and every now and then footsteps cross our path that

seem to make footprints on our soul..........This has happened to me...........And I have had on my

mind a phrase I heard that remains with me....."If we could see people through heavenly eyes.....

We might be surprised who is wearing Royal Robes"..................

If this gift could be ours............We may pause a lot longer before we suppose we know....

that we have even the slightest eternal worth of a person.................Gifts are given to make each of

us valuable to each other........................And often the tiniest little gift might have the power to

heal a broken person............There cannot be a greater gift than one that heals........

Every beautiful thing that is said here......helps someone......And every person that lives....

is in need of acceptance and also to know they are needed.....and wanted........And you all do a

beautiful job in doing that...........Way better than I do..........Please forgive me...........I remain

very thankful for this little home that is here...........It is a shelter worth its weight in Gold.....

Hugs and kisses from Loretta.........and me!

Irene, all the beauty you find here in our little house in the mountains,

is the fruit that was born when you created this beautiful thread.

Here one meets the love, respect, devotion, family, our good and bad times,

the immense love for Michael and his family,

which generate immense love you and Loretta,

the beautiful way that you, and Loretta show us all of us.

Today you gave me a better awakening,

a tenderness touched my heart to find you again here.

Our only true love is always in our home,

and our maximum support provided is in the faith that everyone professes.

All my love and all blessings

AJESUSloveschildren.jpg to you and Loretta, always!!

Please, take care hon!

201038vgqjw0c1wnuf8.gif

New Year's Blessings to Loretta and Irene.

You are both missed here at 'HOME'......

Hugs, P

IRENE and LORETTA,

We're thinking of you and hoping that you and your families

are doing well. We've missed you a lot.

IRENE, thank you so much for one of your wonderful posts

yesterday! You are always an inspiration to us.

LORETTA, I hope your ankle is well now. You're an amazing

woman the way you cope with things. You are also so very

inspiring!

You both are in our prayers each day.

Love,

Jo

Dear Loretta and Irene,

Wonderful that you've posted yesterday, thank you for coming "home",

love, Mirjam

Thanks for finding my post........I am inching my way back to my normal.........We try really

hard to live in the now........But life doesn't want to obey the rules.....like our kids......and oops!.....

we are suddenly off track........Our train that we hopped on was supposed to be all fun and laughter

and smooth going...........And Nada!........Life happens.......and we are ever so suddenly.......taken away

from the anticipation of joy.....And into gloom and viewing deaths door..............Also it opens old

wounds and doors you have tried to close...........................

It is my sister.......Suddenly a call......She is in the hospital.......with pains.....they give her a

percoset and send her home......She goes back in tremendous pain.....They say she is in withdrawal

from narcotics........?????..She won't even take an excedrin..........Nothing........They have no clue on

her problem.....They take an MRI...and spinal tap......they say she has Bacterial Meningitis.......They

take another mri and spinal tap to make sure.....Yes it is correct......She has infection on the three

thin layers between her brain and skull........They operate......They perform emergency operation....

She has cysts on her liver......bags of infection hugging her spine......The infection has started to

spread into her bones.......The infection is in her lungs.......This infection is very rare.......

......They concoct something to kill it........She has blood clots in her lungs........... She is in Intensive

care.....and have induced a coma.....for at least a day.............She is critical.........

I mention this because it is how life can turn so quickly...........Suddenly it matters so

little if you haven't vacuumed or have dust on the dresser...............And also how your mind can change directions......You are suddenly going back to all the things and experiences you had and

didn't have.............All the little snips that hurt your feelings............

And I also mention this because.....When she first went to the hospital they suspected

she was going through withdrawl.........because of her reaction to the percoset............By their

incorrect assumption ......we almost lost her............To all of you........Be really cautious....the medical

profession right now has a headache..............

I know this is a website for Michael.......And a musical one.....But by darn......There isn't

a lot of music when the darkness of life shines its ugly head..........But once again........As sick as you

are.......and we all will have our turn...........Nothing helps as much as music..........Music that reassures us that we are loved..........

And I have been Pres. of Michaels fan club before I ever heard him.............."I just hadn't

met him yet"....................Gram!......smashing comment..........................

Is there a soul on the planet that doubts my affection for that little rascal"?...........Every single CD or DVD that comes out..........I buy for my entire family...........This Christmas probably

over 50 CD's...................And because of it.........They all love Michael...........The little ones sing.....

Mikey Booby................And they all dance to him...........Furthermore.....I must share my philosophy...

They can play all the wii games and internet games.....they want..............But none of these things

will ever take them as close to heaven and the complete peace that you drown in..........as when

they let themselves relax and let that beautiful voice deplete the hurt and pain that life sometimes

dishes you.................Never will they.... with their little minds find such pleasure and beauty in

anything as when they let this beautiful chosen boy fill your soul with the bounties that life has

to offer...........Some doubt this beauty............It is because they......."Just haven't met him yet"........

OK........You may have doubted my intent before...........Now you have proof........This grama is in love with love.....and a certain little guy that pointed it out...........You know .....like a grama for a grandson?

...........He is so electrifying ..........He is just like a little

firecracker ready to fire at the slightest nudge...........I loved that performance where the fireworks

were going every where..........He is either lighting the skies......or keeping our hearts burning.....

with that eternal light that is within him to make us fall in love with love all over again...............

Our little messenger from heaven ...........trying to remind us all..........Where there is love

there is hope and promise of something better .......if we hang on...........

Love and hugs from Loretta and me...........

Gram, Yes this place is about the music, but it brought together the most amazing

People. You are a precious pearl in my life of jewels. I've told you many times the

'inspiration' your posts gift to me. We are human and this has been a place to not

only admire Michael Buble and his talents, but to find warmth and comfort during

trying times in our lives.

I'm heart sick for your Sister's poor health and for the stress you are having to endure.

Please be cautious and don't let your emotions and stress damage your health.

Irene, you are a most wonderful 'Woman", I wish we had met in person. I wish we had

had the opportunity to sit face to face. I wish I had the privilege of being within your

close friends embrace. You are Remarkable......

I will pray for you and your Sister.....Prayers to Loretta also!

Many Hugs, P

Irene and Loretta you both are such an inspiration to all of us. Both of you will always be in my prayers. Irene hope your sister gets well soon and Loretta

please keep shining your special light on all of those that are around you. Both of you, please take care of yourselves.

Mir, my prayers are with your friend also. When friends are around us the load seems lighter.

To all the rest, be safe and God bless!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor