irene hope

"Mom Amber Bublé....Got a Minute?"

15,281 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I've been absent from the board for a few days, and I see that I missed a lot!

First of all, to Marc,

Hope all goes well, I'll be thinking of you and sending healing thoughts!

To Laurie,

I've missed your PMs, and have been way busy in the new job, but you are in my thoughts as well! Please keep those stillettos out of Marc's hands...or should I say...off of his feet! Please let me know how the surgery goes!

To Lorretta, I must have missed something...I didn't know you were ill, but please get better real soon. Healing thoughts to you as well!

To Vegi, Can't wait to read your reports from the Grammys, haven't got to them yet, but that's next. Thanks for posting them!

To Anthony, get out of that cannon this instant, young man!

To Irene, As always, you are a poet! And an eloquent one at that!

To Johanne, Love your posts! Keep em coming!

To Rita, Daryl, Boricua, and anyone else I've missed, I have really missed you all! I love the analogy Irene made on the banquet. This is a banquet, and you are all a feast for the soul!

We are iced in today...one inch of ice under three inches of snow, and no sanders in sight! Makes for a cozy Valentine's Day!

To the Buble family: Thanks for sharing your boy with us so graciously! You see what you've started here? A marvelous banquet of friends, some of whom haven't even met yet!

To Michael: I saw a Grammy night interview with you in which you admitted that you were embarrassed that your comments on the Grammys were not at all as eloquent as you would have liked. To that I say, Bravo for owning up to that. We all make mistakes, but it shows real character to own up to them, and I am so glad you did. But, for the record, I did agree with your comments on the Grammys.

For Everyone: I wish you all a Happy & Loving Valentine's Day, no matter who or what you love!

Cyberhugs to all!

Andrea

Oh! I forgot! I had a little Danny story to warm your hearts:

I was felled over the weekend by one of my three day Migraines, and was lying on the couch, when Danny put his face right to mine and whispered, "Mommy, does your head hurt?" I moaned back "Yes, Danny, it really hurts"

So he stroked my hair gently, and whispered to me, "It's okay, Mommy, you rest and go to sleep, and when your head feels better, you can wake up. I'll watch Daddy for you."

(How's that for a kid who's not supposed to be able to express empathy?)

A few seconds later, when Carlos was finished laughing, he said to Danny, "Danny, why do you have to watch me? Am I being naughty?"

Danny put his finger to his temple and said, "Welll...let me think..."

It hurts to laugh when you have a migraine! OUUUCH!

Cyberhugs,

Andrea

Hi Autism Mom:

It was really great to read your post. I too am the proud mother of an autistic boy and I hate when I read articles that say that our boys don't express emotions. The emotions come in many different ways and sometimes it's just a certain look. Happy Valentimes Day!

To Andrea.....

Loved your post....Love your attitude.....Loved your outlook....Loved your

take on your little ones....Loved your being able to feel the important things and the intent

they were given.....

The experience made me think of one of

my ggchildren.....It was a little ggson...He said to his Mommy.."Does your head hurt?...She

nodded....And he said.."Do you need your Mom?"

......And of course I loved that....Don't we

Moms want to be needed....But the cute thing was

.....When he hurt...He wanted his Mom....So he

just felt the quickest fix for his Moms hurt head was her Mom.......Too cute!....And I say to

my girls...Did you write that down?...Because

you will forget....And those little things are

just priceless.....

Thanks for your imput TiaMarcel....I love

to hear all your comments....They are all about

love and that is what we have here....It is our

LOVE thread.......And its all Michaels fault...

Actually he is employed by the God of Love...His

name is "Cupid"....

He is shooting his arrows again....He's

our Love Angel.....Actually this is his busy

season....He's doing what he does best...Into

the Belly of the Beast.....On the tip of his

arrows comes the flutter....He makes our heart

sing and dance with excitement when we are lucky

enough to feel the rush of air that brushes

against us when his sound finds our heart.....

Happy Valentines Day...May you be one of

the lucky ones....There it is!...Did you feel

it?........

Gram Irene......

DEAR AMBER, LOVELY LADIES AND GENTS,

STAND BACK AND OPEN YOUR ARMS READY TO CATCH MANY VALENTINES HUGS THAT ARE BEING THROWN TO YOU.

I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS WHILE I WASN'T FEELING UP TO PAR. THOSE MESSAGES AND PRAYERS MADE MY HEART FEEL WARM AND FUZZY WHILE THE REST OF ME FELT CRAPY. THANK YOU ALL. YOUR "MEDICINE" WORKED.

TODAY IS VALENTINES DAY. I'VE BEEN PLAYING MICHAEL'S "MY FUNNY VALENTINE" ALL MORNING, WELL TO BE MORE ACCURATE, DEAN WAS THE ONE WHO PUT IT ON. MICHAEL IS THE VOICE OF LOVE. THERE ARE SO MANY KINDS OF LOVE, LOVE OF GOD, LOVE OF COUNTRY, LOVE OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, ETC. HOW DIFFERENT LOVE IS FOR EACH OF THESE, YET, IT'S ALL THE SAME, "LOVE".

I FOUND A SPECIAL LOVE HERE, A LOVE OF MANY PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER OUR PRECIOUS PLANET, ONE VOICE CAN AND DID MAKE A DIFERENCE IN OUR LIVES, MICHAEL NOT ONLY GIVES US HIS BEAUTIFUL VOICE AND MUSIC, MICHAEL GAVE US TO EACH OTHER.THE LOVE OF FREINDHIP.

SPECIAL VALNTINE HUGS TO LEWIS, LOVELY YOLANDA, HANDSOME MITCH, CRYSTAL, DEE, O SHEA, JAYDE, AND UNCLE ZOE, THE WHOLE BUBLE FAMILY.

HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.

HI EVERYONE, TODAY IS THE DAY OUR MARC IS HAVING SURGERY, ON THE COUNT OF THREE LETS ALL GIVE HIM A " BUBLE GET WELL" SHOUT.

1--2--3--MARC GET WELL. WE ARE THINKING OF YOU AND PRAYING FOR A QUICK RECOVERY.

HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.

Absolutely Marc, my thoughts are with you and

wishing you a speedy recovery.

Come back to the board soon!

icon_smile.gif

Diane

OK... Marc, I expect you up and around to make me laugh, really sooooooon.

Loretta.... I didn't call.... wanted to let you rest....

Hugs,

D

Hey Ladies,

Good old Happy Heart Marc is doing fine. We just got home a couple hours ago. He's still pretty whacked out from sedation effects and now the pain pills are kicking in. He can walk pretty good on the knee but was told to stay off it today for the most part and keep it elevated and iced.

At least with him sleeping he couldn't see me steal my shoes back from him. The nurses in the preop area were very impressed with the shave job, though.

Now, I am going to feed him some chicken soup and put him back to nap. There is still some of Valentine's Day left, so there's still time for me to sneak out to meet you know who after he goes back to sleep.

He can't walk down stairs to get to the computer, though, so that's still a tough one.

Have a great romantic evening Ladies.

Laurie,

Thanks for the good news that all went well. Sounds like a quick recovery soon. Happy Valentine's Day! Please let Marc know that we're thinking of you both.

Now I guess I'll start getting ready for the Valentine's dinner at the favorite Italian restaurant. Not exactly original, but it's homey and NICE.

Take care!

Jo

Thanks everyone for the well wishes...

I just call him "Hop-A-Long" now.........Ha ha.

Darn, just fed him and he won't go back to bed!!!!!! How the heck can I get out of here!!!!!!!!!!??????? icon_eek.gif

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts.

I just call Marc "Hop-A-Long" now. He he. icon_smile.gif

Darn him, I just fed him and he won't go back to bed! How the heck can I sneak out of here? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_eek.gif

Especially to my winter ladies....

I found the cutest dang things..

Senior Driving...

As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway

...His car cell phone rang..He answered and heard his wifes voice warning him.."Herman..I

just heard on the news that theres a car going

the wrong way on Interstate 77,,,Please be careful!...."Heck..said Herman..."Its not just

one car...It's Hundreds of them."....

Old Friends.....

Two elderly ladies who had been friends for

many decades...Over the years they shared many

things together...One day they were playing cards....And one said to the other one..."I don't want you to get mad at me...And I know

we've been together for a long time...But I can't remember your name....I have thought and

thought and I just can't remember...Please tell

me your name....The friend looked at her for at

least 3 minutes...She stared and glared at her..

Finally she said...."How soon do you need to know?"......

"I can hear just fine!"

Three retirees each with a hearing loss...

Were playing golf...One fine March day....One

remarked to the other.."Windy isn't it?".....

"No"..The second one replied,"...It's Thursday"

...The third man chimed in and said..."So am I

....Let's get a beer".....

Family.....

Sisters 92..94..96 ..years old all live

together....in a house.....One night the 96 yr.

old draws a bath...She puts her foot in and pauses....She yells to the other sisters."Was I

getting in or getting out of the bath?"...The

94 yr. old yells back.."I don't know...I'll come

up and see"...She starts up the stairs..& pauses

..."Was I going up or down?".....

The 92 yr.old is sitting at the table

listening and shakes her head...and says.."I hope I never get that forgetful"...and knocks

on wood....She then yells.."I'll be up as soon

as I see who is at the door"......

The last one.... Driving....

Two elderly women were driving in a large car....They could hardly see over the steering

wheel....They were cruising and came to an

intersection...and it was a red light...but the

car didn't stop....The passenger thought..."I

know that was a red light".....A few more minutes....And the same thing....Another intersection and another red light....And they

went right through it.....And after the third

time....Being very nervous and shaken up the

passenger says ...."Mildred...Did you know that

we just went through 3 red lights...in a row?"

..."You could have killed us"....Mildred turned

and said..."Oh crap!...am I driving?"....

Had to share.....Too funny....Hope you all

are having a great Thanksgiving...I mean Christmas...I mean Valentines.....This is what

happens when you get stately.....I've always

liked that word......I believe that means dignified....Grand....Oh yes!....That describes

the women of the winter......Ha!...Ha!...

Love ya all......Gram Irene

Marc and Laurie.....

Glad to hear all went well....Good

luck on the recovery......Happy Valentines to

you both......

Gram Irene.....

DEAR AMBER, LADIES AND GENTS,

THE FOLLOWING REALLY IS FOR , AS IRENE SAYS, "WINTER LADIES" BUT YOU YOUNGINS CAN LISTEN IN AND SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

MY BODY AIN'T WHAT IT USE TO BE,

EVEN WHEN I'M NAKED.

I STILL WANNA SLIP

INTO SOMETHING MORE COMFORTABLE.

SPECIAL HUGS TO LEWIS, HUGE HUGS, LORRETTA SMILING AT YOU.

Loretta...It's so good to see you back posting again...I've been missing all of the posts between you and Irene. You two are TWO in two million. icon_biggrin.gif

Joanied

Buble's Brunette Babe #204

ATM #33

icon_cool.gif

I'm a "Winter Lady" and think this is the funniest thing I heard in years. I'm going to share it with all my Sistas who are "Winter Ladies" too. Loretta you and Irene really are the greatest. Pam

quote:
Originally posted by swooninggrany:

DEAR AMBER, LADIES AND GENTS,

THE FOLLOWING REALLY IS FOR , AS IRENE SAYS, "WINTER LADIES" BUT YOU YOUNGINS CAN LISTEN IN AND SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

MY BODY AIN'T WHAT IT USE TO BE,

EVEN WHEN I'M NAKED.

I STILL WANNA SLIP

INTO SOMETHING MORE COMFORTABLE.

SPECIAL HUGS TO LEWIS, HUGE HUGS, LORRETTA SMILING AT YOU.

GOOD DAY TO ALL

THANK YOU JOANIED FOR YOUR SWEET WORDS.

SPARKS, GO FORTH AND SPREAD THE WORD.HAA HAA.

JO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU RECIEVED MY REPLY , I MIGHT HAVE HIT THE WRONG KEY SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU.

BORICUA, IS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH HER MONITOR AND ASKED ME TO TELL, LAURIE AND MARC. SHE IS GLAD EVERTHING WENT OK.

JOAHANNE YOU ARE MISSED

TIAMARCEL, GLAD YOU VISTED AND HOPE YOU ARE DOING BETTER.

IRENE, LOVED YOUR JOKES.

NOEMI I GAVE THEM YOUR MESSAGES, DO I GET A GOLDEN STAR ON MY GOOD DEEDS FOR THE DAY PAPER???

JUST GOT OFF OF THE PHONE TALKING TO MARLENE, SHE SAID THERE IS A LOT OF SNOW BUT, HER HUSBAND IS TAKING HER OUT FOR DINNER TONIGHT. SO BUMB I ASKED" WHAT KIND OF RESTAURANT" OF COURSE IT IS ITALIAN WHAT ELSE?? HAA HAA

MARC, HOPE YOU ARE NOT IN TO MUCH DISCOMFORT, I KNOW THE DAY AFTER IS TOUGH. JUST KEEP ICING IT AND PLEASE DON'T DO ANY FLAMENCO DANCING FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER DAY.

MUST GO TO THE STORE, AND GET MY HUSBAND SOME PRUNE JUICE AND PRUNES I DON'T THINK I NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY. HAA HAA

TALK TO YOU LATR, HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.

Marc and Laurie,

I'm happy about the good news! Don't overdo it, though, because day #3 following surgery can be a "kicker!" Trust me; I know! icon_eek.gif

Andrea,

I loved your migraine story! You always make me smile!

Rita

Loretta, I appreciate your PM response to me! I sent a brief one back thanking you. It's always a pleasure to hear from you!

Take care!

Jo

Oh Hello All My Friends!

I so enjoyed reading today's posts!

So glad to hear that Marc's surgery went well, and that Loretta is back, and, I hope, feeling better!

Laurie, I PMd you...finally!

Rita, It's nice to hear you appreciate the stories I tell about Danny...sometimes I think, if it wasn't for him, I'd have nothing to tell! Of course, the kids had another snow day today, and I had a teenage babysitter come in while I went to work, and he was a horror! All I could think when I got home was, I'm so glad they're going back to school tomorrow! Then I got the dreaded phone call...school's closed again!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH! I'm running out of babysitters!!!!!

Tiamarcel, How old is your child with Autism? I'd love to hear more! PM me if you want! Details! I need details! icon_biggrin.gif

Irene...loved the stories of the old folks...especially the one about the red lights! Coulda been me! (and I'm only 50! icon_eek.gif)

So glad I checked in today...had a rough day at the new job...so much to do...so little time...and came home to two screaming kids and a very rattled babysitter! Just shoot me!

But you all warmed my heart and gave me some laughs! And isn't that what it's all about? (gasping quietly to herself as she types: I can't beleeeeeve school is closed tomorrow!!!)

Oh well, gotta find someone to watch the kids tomorrow!

Cyber hugs...big warm, fuzzy ones...to all!

Andrea

So many winters? That's incredible!

I'm more of a spring myself--pastels and also darker colors tend to look good on me, but I can't wear most shades of yellow, unless it's more of a red-yellow.

*badum-KISH*

And if you even get that, then you deserve a gold star and some chocolate icon_biggrin.gif.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor