irene hope

"Mom Amber Bublé....Got a Minute?"

15,281 posts in this topic

Andrea.....

You are a doll.....Where have you been

when we have needed you.....There is no operation that can succeed without a pooper scooper.....And believe me there is always poop

to be scooped.....

Now we have you we are not letting you go

.......We know the difference between a dump

lady and an excellent dump lady......

Oh man!....This little tale has miles yet

to go.....

But we love you no matter what you want

to call your dung.....Oh!....I can't stop now...

Let it go Grama!.....G.I.

Pretty funny stuff here ladies icon_biggrin.gif

Daryl,

You got me LOL! icon_biggrin.gif! Remembering a similar experience- wow, I'm not technical at all, well, maybe just a little but, I always have the worst time putting electronics together. Now my son, or husband, seems they can hook up most anything. I do need to learn more. Usually, I just ask my hubby to help me just like Pam.

Pretty scary this technology stuff huh?

and Loretta, I'll be thinking of you too dear~~

icon_smile.gif

Diane

Grand-maman Buttercup...

You are in my prayers and so is your surgeon...

I know how you feel. I've had a couple of minor surgeries done as well. It's kind of unnerving a bit. I know you will come out of this just fine.

As Laurie said, ask for the staff to put on your "Hero of Songs"... It will definitely help!!!

Who knows??! You may make some new Bublé lovers out of them!!!!! icon_wink.gif

Sending you hugs and kisses ooooooooozing with TLC...

Oohanne

My grand-maman (83 going on 64 icon_wink.gif) had it done not too long ago and she's sooooo happy to be able to see better. And so will you!!!!

Laurie...

(As in the Cadbury commercial) "Arrrre yoooooouuuu suuuuuuurrrre???"

I will loooooove to teach "anything" icon_eek.gif french to Marc... icon_wink.gif Hahahaha!!!!!! Okay!! Okay!! I'm joking!!!!

Now I'm serious, really I am...

It will be my pleasure to teach Marc. I promise to behave and be an examplary teacher.

Teacher Johanne

Grand-maman Jewel...

What's this Pow wow about Grand-maman Buttercup's bloomers???

Are we talking about the same bloomers that we had the pleasure of "meeting" a year ago in Vegas??? icon_wink.gif

This moment is etched in my memory. I will never forget. Too precious!!!!!!!!

Blossom

Ladies...

Ok, ok, I have caused a serious stir. But what I have to say here is very important....Ready?

I DO NOT DO WINDOWS!!!! icon_razz.gif

Happy Heart comin' your way icon_wink.gif

Marc

Come on Marc... I've got 13 windows that could use some elbow grease.... and you're just the guy that can do it....

D

My goodness! icon_eek.gif The last time I check this thread the discussion was about Anthony's voice. Now its about bloomers, "French" and washing windows! That will teach me to miss episodes!

Hello everyone,

I am at work right now but am so glad I took a few minutes to get caught up on my reading. It was a nice diversion from a yucky day.

Has anyone heard how Loretta's cataract surgery went? I am sure it went well. Just think, she will be able to see Michael so much clearer than before. Does she really have any idea how gorgeous he is? I had a great aunt and uncle that lived in Germany. They both lived into their upper 90's. When my uncle was in his early 80's he had cataract surgery on both of his eyes. Afterward he joked that all these years he thought he was married to a beautiful young woman.

I could hardly hold back the tears when I read through all of your pet memorials. When I was 18 my mother got me a little yorkshire terrier. Her name was Stella. During her adulthood she weighed about 4 pounds. She was a very shy and sometimes grumpy girl but she was the apple of my eye. She lived to be over 16 years old. I took her with me when I went off to college. We had late nights studying together, she helped me through the heartbreak of my first boyfriend and she was always there when I needed a friend. I even have a picture of her from my wedding day. I knew that Steve was a great person since Stella 'approved' of him. She started to have kidney failure when she was about 14. I would take her to the vet at least once a week to get saline injections under her skin. This helped her get better hydration to flush out her kidneys. The poor little thing looked like a camel with a little hump of water on her back but it did make her feel better. It was so hard seeing her get older. One Saturday night she stepped off of her palette and couldn't get back on. I asked Steve to help her up but we realized there was something terribly wrong. I went over to pick he up and she died in my hands. I'm just glad she went quickly. I had her cremated and have her in a cedar box with a lock of her hair and her baby fangs. Next to it I have a picture of her before her decline. I still miss her and dream of her often. We went through a lot together. I had her name engraved on a little gold bone shaped pendant. (I know I sound totally nuts)

I didn't mean to bring everyone down but it is nice to know that there are others out there as attached to their pets as I was little Stella.

IRENE,

Knowing the full story about Tiki makes her picture so much more special. I had to laugh when you described Tiki as a pitiful pearl. I still have a Poor Pitiful Pearl doll my mom gave me when I was younger.

I better get back to work now.

Take care everyone and all my best.

Just a quick Hi!!! Has anybody heard from our dear Loretta...? with clearer vision she is going to enjoy so much more certain eyelashes...and if she was kinda "waco" before when flying our balloon and our plane,I will have to take a grip of myself now that she will see much better where ever our Girl Scouts adventures take us. I´m waiting here...

Many hugs Loretta...take your rest...hope to hear from you soon.

quote:
Originally posted by The Drake:

I didn't mean to bring everyone down but it is nice to know that there are others out there as attached to their pets as I was little Stella.

Marlene,

You didn't bring me down at all. Animals are my life, they are in my blood, they are a part of my very being. To me my animals are not just "pets"...........they are my family and are to be cherished.

I used to live on 20 acres in Texas and had 3 horses (I am an avid horse lover and rider.......I would rather ride horses than eat), 2 cows, 4 pigmy goats, a dozen ducks and geese, 4 cats, and my beloved Sara was my first dog. I miss the rural life and the horseback riding, but more than that I miss my Sara desperately.

Laurie

MY DEAR, DEAR FRIENDS, THANK YOU LAURIE,TWERP, I MEAN IRENE, JOANIED, ANDREA,DIANE, OOHANNE, MARLENE ANNE, MOTHER EARTH MOEMI, EVERYTHING WENT ACCORDING TO PLAN. I'LL BE ABLE TO SEE "MY HERO OF SONG" DEGLARED AND DEFUZZED. I FEEL LIKE I'M WEARING ONE OF MADDONA'S CONE BRAS AS MY EYE PATCH, SURE LOOKS LIKE IT. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. OH BEFORE I GO , THERE WAS SINATRA MUSIC PLAYING AND I THOUGHT OF DARY'S TRIBUTE TO FRANK. MUST GO AND PUT SOME DROPS IN MY EYES. HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AND GRATEFULL TO ALL OF YOU .

Hey Loretta,

Glad to hear all is well.... You rest and take care...

Hugs,

D

Loretta,

I know you'll be very happy with your surgery. I know of many people who have had it and were. We're thinking of you and will be glad to hear that all is good! It's amazing what can be done with lazer surgery now. I had lazer surgery to correct my vision a number of years ago and I have been thrilled that I can see perfectly still--a number of years later. It was not for cataracts but I think it shows the great things that can be done.

Looking forward to hearing more about how you're doing.

Jo

Loretta...so happy to hear everything turned out fine....now you are ready for "your hero of song" concert. icon_biggrin.gif

Joanied

Buble's Brunette Babe #204

ATM #33

icon_cool.gif

Hi everyone.

I was so very touched by all your sweet stories about your dogs,

I think all animals really know more than they're given credit for. And yet they're so loyal and loving--especially to those close to them

I hope you don't mind if I tell about a few experiences I remember about pets. Well, the first one, I was in my early teens and we had a Golden Retriever (which was one of the many dogs my family had over the years). We took a trip to Vancouver, Washington, to stay with some relatives and took him with us. I'm sorry to say he was struck by a car while we were there and died. You can imagine how we felt. Well, our home in the country was the closest one to my aunt and uncle and cousins. They had a shepherd dog named Tip.

Tip had never come the distance from their home to ours but, when we returned from our trip, he was waiting in our driveway for us. I've always assumed he knew what had happened. I think animals have a special ESP (but I also think from experience that people have it too but don't always realize it).

Ok, here goes another one. I was in my early twenties and went with my mom and dad in their travel trailer to a lake in Eastern Oregon for fishing. They had a Dachhund (Sp. ???) dog named Sox. He loved my adult brother who was coming to join us with his wife after work. We had been there several hours and were in the trailer after dark. Sox had been very relaxed and calm all day. All of a sudden he started running back and forth and wagging his tail--and then went to the door and waited. About five or ten minutes later my brother and his wife arrived.

I hope you don't mind if I tell another one. When I was a kid my parents had an Irish Setter which my father got to be a hunting dog. (My father was a great hunter and fisherman.) Well, the dog turned out to be a poor hunting dog so my dad sold him and planned to get another dog. The people who bought the dog lived many miles away. We were in the country on the west side of the city and they lived way out on the south side of the city in the country. So, to get to the point, one night we heard noise on our porch--and there was the dog. He had come home through the city streets, across a long bridge and many miles. He was smart enough to find his way home. The people came to pick him up again and that was the last we saw of him. It made me feel bad but I hope, in the long run, he was happy there.

I'd like to tell about our cat and then I'll stop--although I have other stories re ESP

I don't know which button I hit that sends my stuff prematurely. However, I hope you don't mind that I finish what I started.

We had a cat for about 18 years (it was more than a kitten when we adopted him as a stray). This was after I was married and had a child (my son). DeeDee was his name. He was a mischievous one but we loved him. I could tell a lot about him but I'll mention what I think would be considered unusual about a cat--since they're considered to be quite independent. When I was still married and we were all three in our living room and DeeDee was with us, I had him with me on the couch. I would say, "DeeDee, go to Greg." And he'd jump off the couch and immediately jump onto my son's lap. Then, I'd say, "DeeDee, go to Dad." And he immediately jumped off Greg's lap and went to his dad's lap. I thought that was unusual, and made us feel that he was really part of the family.

Well, I'll stop for now. Please forgive me for going on and on. I just wanted to share with you some of the love and magicof animals.

Take care!

Jo

Good Evening Ladies, (and Gentlemen),

Lorretta, so glad to get the "scoop" on your surgery! Thanking God it went well!

Irene, I couldn't resist the word "scoop". icon_wink.gif

Marlene and Jo, Never regret telling the stories of your beloved pets! God puts them in our lives for a reason, and the grief and joy we feel is meant to be. And we are here to share.

Marc, What kind of French Maid are you, anyway? You don't do windows! Why, the nerve...and I have 36 of them! Laurie, take your stilettos back from him this minute! icon_rolleyes.gif (Muttering...doesn't do windows...what self respecting french Maid...muttering more...harumph...mutter mutter)

Changing the subject completely...does anyone know if Michael won that People's Choice Award he was up for? I watched the show, but they didn't even do that category. I count that as a wasted evening. (more muttering).

Laurie, Carlos and Danny are going away for the weekend to see his sister and her boys, (two of whom have Autism), leaving me and Jesse alone for the weekend. We're having girls' weekend, here. Unfortunately, the weekend will not include shopping...Carlos had to put $1300.00 worth of repair into his car. With me not having an income yet, that puts a serious crimp in our all girl weekend!

So, we'll be watching our favorite DVDs. That'll be a few hours of Pirates, a couple of Buble hours, and I'm guessing a couple of Hilary Duff things as well...(ugh...I'll have to grin and bear it on that one...)

Oh, and I think there'll be some M&Ms and homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies in the fold as well.

Anyone care to join us? Bring your bathrobe and some chocolate!

Cyberhugs to all!

Andrea

I'm not sure where to start....There are

so many irons in the fire here.....

We have thankful hearts for Lorettas eye

surgery....I knew as soon as she called me TWERP

that all was well in Zion.....

We have Boricua reminding us when we were

all hot to trot...And we were doing sky-diving

and riding on Covered Wagons...And then we did

a stint on the Ship Ahoy..Taking in all of the

Seven Seas.....I believe we were in search of

Michael?.....We just couldn't quite catch up to

him....I think it was those large shoes....And

then in some of our clips...He was sliding across the floor....That must have been it....

He was skiing in his shoes.....Thats why we can

never catch him......Ha!..Ha!....

Remember how we laughed about those...How

we called them Elf Shoes that curled up...And

we had dancin feet on a video?...Fun!..Fun!...

We also took a jaunt and had a mad fling

in Las Vegas...On our Harleys....I think with

Loretta in the side car as she had to have her

oxygen tank....And Blossom was on the Handle Bars holding the Baloons....In her stillettos...

And she had a red bra as I remember...Hmmmmm!

There seems to be a lot of talk about Lorettas undies?......I'm not sure if this is

proper....And then she had that hat with the

birds nest?......

And Andrea....We know not where you were

all this time....Oh!...You were searching for us.....I mean!..Could you not be happier with

such a grand dam group of all season ladies...

That do go by different titles I might add....

While you were away searching the landscape....Our minds were off and running and

trying to decide how best we could become....

Well something like a Marching Band.....We wanted to March for Michael...Except some of us

can't march....Bummer!....

So we decided to become "MB LOYAL To THE

END GIRL SCOUTS HONOR SOCIETY".....This idea

might have been our finest moment.....

We have our green Bandelos with our Badges.....Our Uniforms or Unies....Including

Kneelengths .....And our hiking shoes...and our

cute Brownie Berets....Arms ready to salute our

cause....Hearts and minds at alert to serve....

We made mega girl scout cookies....And stand ready at all times if we are needed for

whatever......It was quite a funny scenario tho

.....Here we were all lonesome for Michael....So

we packed our bags and took off looking for him.....He was touring .....But So!....We had

some goodies for him....Who could resist Girl

Scout Cookies made with so much love......

That Michael is one loved boy.....

Marlene Anne.....Thanks for mentioning

my little Tiki....I haven't mentioned her much..

As you never really get over a serious loss....

You learn to live with it....But when you love

something so much....As I seem to do with everything that I have loved and lost....It

is always with you....The loss is always with you.....You get stronger...slowly....But you

never stop loving so it is always there.....

And to be as gracious as you can to your

heart....You just try every now and then to let

the memory stay in a quiet place.....Even tho it

is always with you...

And Laurie.....You have added something

new to the wallpaper of our little cottage.....

It really is like a little home....Warm..Love..

Fireplace...Home-made bread and Home-made Jam...

And most of all it glistens with the shimmers &

shines of everyones personality.....It is tweeked with the goings on of everyones individual life and things they love...And why

and how it has made everyone what they are.....

To Little Pink Blossom.....Its not hard to

open up to those you love so much that maybe you

hand-picked them in heaven.....Say what you will

...But you can't fool the heart and your feelings.....

We have the love right here in this little

Web of love....And its because of our own little

Love bug.....A bug is a spider right?

I was thinking yesterday....His themesong

should be "Spiderman".....He just flies all over

the place spinning his web....And we have all

surely gotten stuck in it...Every place he goes...He picks up a few more flies.....

We could be butterflies?.....Does that sound better?......Whatever....

Andrea you like my friend ChinaMan?...

He say to you....

Velly shahp ladee

Wit velly goot eye...

Have found yo baby

Green stuff don't lie....

Good luck on your little ...I've got a

good name for you..."Gungy-Doo"......I'm just

playing with you.....I do wish you good luck...

.....And I gotta run.....Later....Gram Irene

Loretta,

I'm so happy all is well and that the surgery was just fine and you are doing fine. You need to rest now.

LOL! icon_biggrin.gif I was picturing you with this madonna cone over your eye~ you are too funny!!

Hugs,

Diane

DEAR AMBER, LADIES AND GENTS,

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS. I DROVE TODAY, FREE OF GLASSES, AAAH, MODERN TECH.AND THE LORD.

DIANE PICTURE THIS, ME GOING TO BED WITH MADONNA'S BOOB CONE ON MY EYE, MY C PAP MASK ON AND MY HEAD PHONES., PARIS HILTON, EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

THIS I HAD TO SHARE, AN 81 YR. OLD GRANY IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRAILIA, WAS SO OUTRAGED THAT TWO THUGS,CAR JACKED HER GRAN DAUGHTER AND RAPED HER SHE TOOK IT UPON HERSELF TO FIND THEM. USING THE DESCRIPTION FROM POLICE ARTIST AND HER GRAND DAUGHTERS, SHE WENT TO THE BAD SECTION OF TOWN WHERE IT HAPPENED AND STARTED LOOKING, SHE SEEN THE TWO GO INTO A FLOPHOUSE SHE TOOK PICTURES OF THEM TO SHOW HER GRAND DAUGHTER TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE THE ONES, THEY WERE. SHE TOOK HER GUN, WENT TO THE FLOP HOUSE AND KNOCKED ON THE DOOR, WHEN THE GUY OPENED THE DOOR SHE SHOOT HIM IN THE TESTICLES, THEN SHOOT THE OTHER MAN IN HIS TESTICLES. SHE THEN WENT TO THE POLICE STATION GAVE THEM HER GUN AND TOLD THEM WHAT SHE DID. I READ THAT AND THOUGHT WE NEED GRANYS LIKE HER IN AMERICA.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END SPECIAL HUGS TO LEWIS, HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.

Irene, I saw your lovely post in one of my threads on Miss Emily. I had to come over and thank you. I don't mean to neglect you and all my lovely ladies, but things have not been going well here on the health front and that has taken up a lot of time and energy. I hope you realize it does mean a lot to me knowing that there are people here keeping me in their thoughts and prayers. Thanks you so much.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor