irene hope

"Mom Amber Bublé....Got a Minute?"

15,281 posts in this topic

GOOD MORNING, NANCY, SO GOOD SEEING YOU ON THIS LOVING THREAD. IRENE STARTED THIS THREAD FOR AMBER, ALONG THE WAY WE HAVE LAUGHED, CRIED, HAD FUN TOGETHER.WE EVEN GO ON MAGICAL ADVENTURES. YOU'LL LOVE IT HERE. MUST GO, I'M GOING TO THE MALL, MUST GET SOME BIRTHDAY PRESENTS AND, THERE --ARE-- SALES, GOING ON, NEED I SAY MORE?? HEE HEE. TALK LATER. HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.

Got a guestion about a song that has been going through my head just one line and i have been humming it to myself but can't figure out the name of the song or any other words.Here is the one line "Your One In A Million A Million To One"

can anyone give me the title of the song that has that line in it .It is driving me up the wall for two days now.

Jazzygrandma--georgia

www.Addicted2Buble.com

HI Irene Hope

Here Here to your wonderful speach couldn't have put it better my self all you said are my sentiments exactly

Love that moving pic of Michael that boyish smile melts my heart everytime

I already mentioned this on a previous post that my 4year old grandaughters name is 'HOPE'

Have a great day I Love Buble!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by jazzygrandma:

Got a guestion about a song that has been going through my head just one line and i have been humming it to myself but can't figure out the name of the song or any other words.Here is the one line "Your One In A Million A Million To One"

can anyone give me the title of the song that has that line in it .It is driving me up the wall for two days now.

Jazzygrandma--georgia

www.Addicted2Buble.com

Georgia, could you be referring to A Million to One recorded by Jimmy Charles in 1960?

i THINK IT IS a mILLIION TO oNE

I found that song where i download my music and that is it "Thank You "ladies now i can sleep tonight without trying to figure it out it was driving me out of my mind.I love that song from a long while back and that one line just popped into my head a few days ago but i couldn't get the rest of it.

Jazzygrandma--georgia

www.Addicted 2Buble.com

Rita, Rita, Rita!!!!!!!!

Just love, love,love your carrot/egg/coffee beans analogy... What a stunning splash!!! Grand-maman Jewel is sooooo right by saying that this is one of the best ever!!!

Thank you soooooo much for sharing!!! Keep those splashes coming!!!!

Johanne

Grand-maman Jewel...

Read your PM and reply!!! I'm getting antsy for a reply... Need to hear from ya!!!

YO!!! icon_wink.gif

Your little "pink" Blossom...

To Pink Blossom.....

Check your P.M.'s.......And in the

mean time......

To Amber and you all.....

I could hardly wait to share this with you......

"How could we know?"

Question #1.....

It is time to elect a new world leader....And only your vote counts...Here are

the facts about 3 candidates....Who would you vote for?

A...Associates with crooked politicians

...consults with astrologists...He's had 2

mistresses...He chain smokes...And has 8 to 10

martinis a day.....

B...He was kicked out of office twice...

sleeps until noon...Used opium in college..and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.....

C...He is a decorated War Hero....He's a

vegetarian...Doesn't smoke...drinks an occasional beer...never cheated on his wife....

If you chose...

A....Franklin D. Roosevelt

B...Winston Churchill

C...Adolph Hitler

Question #2...

#2.. If you knew a woman who was

pregnant...who had 8 kids already...3 who were

deaf...2 who were blind...one mentally retarded

...And she had syphilis...Would you recommend

she have an abortion?.......

If you answered yes....You would have just killed Beethoven......

Remember....Amateurs built Noahs Arc.....

And professionals built the titanic.....

{Never be afraid to try anything}

What would you say to being in the employ of

a company that had running their business those

with these credentials.....

29...accused of spousal abuse

7 arrested for fraud

19 arrested for writing bad checks

117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted

at least 2 businesses....

3 who Have done time for assault

7l who cannot get credit cards due to bad

credit....

14 arrested for drug charges...

8 been arrested for shop lifting....

21 are current defendants in law suits...

84 have been arrested for drunk driving in

the current year.....

These people are part of 535 Members of the

U.S. Congress....The same people that crank out

hundreds of laws each year to keep the rest of us in line.....

How were we to know?

Love ya!.....Gram...Yo!

DEAR AMBER AND FRIENDS OF BUBLE

AMBER, I'M SOOOO PROUD OF YOUR SON. I READ ABOUT MICHAEL IN JAPAN. THEN HIS "CAUGHT IN THE ACT" IN INDIA. THERE IS NO STAR IN THE SKY HIGH ENOUGH THAT HE CAN'T REACH. THATS YOUR SON AND, "MY HERO OF SONG"

IRENE, YES INDEED, HOW COULD WE KBOW? WE BOTH LIVED THRU WORLD WAR TWO, THE WAR THAT WAS TO END ALL WARS. THERE ARE STILL WARS AND WARS IN THE STREETS. HOW VERY SAD THAT SOCIETY HAS NOT LEARNED FROM HISTORY.

IRENE, YOU ARE OUR FEARLESS BUBLE GIRL SCOUT LEADER, NOW THAT WE COMPLETED OUR BADGES FOR, "SWOONING" CAN WE GO FOR A HAY RIDE AS A REWARD?? THAT WOULD BE FUN RIDING ALONG UNDER A BLANKET OF STARS AND SINGING MICHAEL'S SONGS AND PRAISES. AAACHOO, AAACHOO, FORGOT, I'M ALLERGIC TO AACHOO, HAY.

SPECIAL HUGS TO LEWIS. HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.

DEAR AMBER AND FRIENDS'

I REALLLLY LIKE THIS FUNNY JOKE

A BUSINESS MAN ORDERING LUNCH.

"I CAN'T HAVE ALCOHOL ON MY LOW-CARB DIET,

I'LL JUST HAVE A COUPLE OF SHOTS OF GRAVY

WITH A TWIST OF BACON".

GOOD NIGHT, HAVE HAPPY PRETTY DREAMS. HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.

Hi Ladies, once again I have missed being fed by your wisdom and humor while I've been away. It's good to be home and catch up. We had a great visit with the in-laws in Oregon and my husband had a really positive job interview with a firm there.

I had to share what happened when we took all the nieces and nephews for pictures while we were there. My 5 year old kept "striking poses" like he was Zoolander at a coture shoot. He would stick out his hip and turn over his shoulder to make kissy faces at the camera. I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard. I couldn't figure out where he could have learned to do that--he certainly hasn't seen Zoolander, but I kept thinking he totally looked like that! After we were all done, my husband asked him where he got all those cool moves for the camera. Have you guessed yet? He said, "I learned them from Michael Bublé!!!" icon_biggrin.gif That's my boy!

Thought you'd enjoy that. Hope everybody is well and having a beautiful day.

Love and Hugs,

Wendy

HI WENDY, WELCOME HOME.,

I WAS IMAGINING YOUR LITTLE GUY DOING THAT,. THAT IS SOOO ADORABLE.. WHEN I GO TO THE MALL, I ENJOY WATCHING THE PEOPLE , ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN GET THIER PICTURES TAKEN. THE PARENTS ARE FUN TO WATCH AS THEY TRY AND GET THIER KIDS TO SIT STILL OR SMILE, OOH, YES, I CAN CHUCKLE NOW, AS I'VE BEEN THERE. GOOD LUCK TO YOUR "SWEETHEART" ON THAT JOB. MUST GO FOR NOW. HOPE TO GET BACK HERE LATER. HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.

Welcome back, Wendy!

What an adorable story! True tales about children are my favorite! Here's a classic...

A niece of mine was recently asked to be a flower girl in a wedding. She and all the bridesmaids were dressed in one room at the church and were waiting for the bride to arrive. Looking around, my niece noticed that she was wearing white while all the other ladies in the wedding party were in black. When she questioned why, they were told her that attendants were not to wear the same color as the bride.

Shortly afterwards, the bride arrived; and of course she was dressed in white...like the flower girl. Without hesitation, our niece walked up to the radiant bride and said, "You may want to go back and change. We're wearing the same color!"

I love that story! icon_smile.gif

Hope you enjoyed it, too!

Dear Friends,

Here's another story, this time about a "winter lady" as Irene would call her. This one is not about someone I know, but is about a woman I would liked to have met. Enjoy...

The first day of school our professor introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder.

I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being.

She said, "Hi handsome. My name is Rose.

I'm eighty-seven years old. Can I give you a hug?"

I laughed and enthusiastically responded, "Of course you may!" and she gave me a giant squeeze.

"Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?" I asked.

She jokingly replied, "I'm here to meet a rich husband, get married, and have a couple of kids..."

"No seriously," I asked. I was curious what may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age.

"I always dreamed of having a college education and now I'm getting one!" she told me.

After class we walked to the student union building and shared a chocolate milkshake.

We became instant friends. Every day for the next three months we would leave class together and talk nonstop. I was always mesmerized listening to this "time machine" as she shared her wisdom and experience with me.

Over the course of the year, Rose became a campus icon and she easily made friends wherever she went.

She loved to dress up and she reveled in the attention bestowed upon her from the other students. She was living it up.

At! the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet.

I'll never forget what she taught us. She was introduced and stepped up to the podium. As she began to deliver her prepared speech, she dropped her three by five cards on the floor.

Frustrated and a little embarrassed she leaned into the microphone and simply said, "I'm sorry I'm so jittery. I gave up beer for Lent and this whiskey is killing me! I'll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know."

As we laughed she cleared her throat and began, "We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing.

There are only four secrets to staying young, being happy, and working hard whether it be at your job, marriage, parenting or being a friend. Success is not how much money you have. You have to laugh and find humor every day. You've got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die.

We have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it! There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up.

If you are nineteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don't do one productive thing, you will turn twenty years old. If I am eighty-seven years old and stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn eighty-eight.

Anybody can grow older. That doesn't take any talent or ability. The idea is to grow up by always finding opportunity in change. Have no regrets.

The elderly usually don't have regrets for what we did, but rather for things we did not do. The only people who fear death are those with

regrets."

She concluded her speech by courageously singing "The Rose."

She challenged each of us to study the lyrics and live them out in our daily lives. At the year's end Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago.

One week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep. Over two thousand college students attended her funeral in tribute to the wonderful woman who taught by example that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.

Rita

GOOD EVENING EVERYONE.

RITA, THE STORY OF YOUR NIECE MADE ME FEEL GOOD ALL OVER.

YOUR STORY OF THE "WINTER LADY" WAS BEAUTIFUL. SHE REALLY WAS A "TIME MACHINE" SHE HAD SEEN MANY THINGS IN HER LIFE TIME, SOME I'M SURE, SHE WISHED SHE HADN'T. I TOO FEEL LIKE YOU RITA, SHE IS SOMEONE I WOULD HAVE LOVED HAVING IN MY LIFE. HAVING AND KEEPING A SENSE OF HUMOR IS A "LIFE SAVER". LOVED THAT ABOUT, PEOPLE GROW OLD BECAUSE THEY STOP PLAYING. ONE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A KID IN ORDER TO PLAY. THIS WONDERFUL WOMAN NEVER STOPPED PLAYING. WHAT A GREAT TEACHER OF LIFE SHE WAS. THAT DEAR LADY REACHED HER GOAL, THE MOST IMPORTANT GOAL ANY ONE COULD ACHIVE, THAT BEING A PERSON WHOSE LIFE HAD PURPOSE, MEANING AND FULLFILLMENT. RITA THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LETTING ME FEEL THAT I KNEW THAT WONDERFUL LADY EVEN FOR A LITTLE TIME. HUGE HUGS, LORETA SMILING AT YOU.

Loretta,

I just knew that you would love the story of Rose. You and Irene remind me of her! icon_smile.gif Have a great day!

Rita

Hi all,

Just want to let you all know my move is done and I am back...dead tired, but back. Think I will need the whole weekend to recuperate. And to think we will be moving again in 12 months!

Did I miss any voyages towards Michael while I was gone?

I missed you all so much. icon_smile.gif

To Amber and you all......

Rita.....

I loved your post.....It brought my yesterday a little closer to mind.....And I did

cherish my yesterday.....

Not because it was so easy....rather the

contrary.....But how can you not love those

moments that cost you so dearly and brought you

so many treasures......

All of your traumas and hard times turn

into your treasures.....Those are your teaching

moments....and moments of growth.....

Happiness is good for the body....But it is

grief that develops the powers of the mind.....

When I was a young girl I had a Rose in my

life....She was my Mother in law....And I adored

her......She was a sage in every sense of the

word.....

I think some are just born with horse sense

.....She didn't do anything by the book....She

didn't have time to read....She had 10 kids and

at one time took in 5 foster kids.....

She was a work and a wonder all piled into

one.....She knew that in order to have the rainbow it had to rain first.....

She ran a tight ship.....She didn't have

much but her house was clean...Everyday the job

my husband had was to scrub the back porch...It

was just wood...no paint...But it was clean wood......The older brother had diaper duty...He

had to clean the diapers....They all had a job..

and they all did their job...Remember this was

before TV...And any boom boxes.....

They couldn't wait to get out in the front

yard....And they had a hanger bent into a basket

ball hoop.....And it was tied to the tree.....

They tied rags together in the shape of a

football and tied string around it....For their

Football....They had enough kids on the street

to have two teams and they played every single

night in the street.....

My mother in law would get out in the

street with her overhauls on and play ball with

the kids and hit the ball harder and further

than all of them....She was a big woman...And

she weighed 250 pounds.....

Their was no work....They had to move 13

times they couldn't pay the rent....As they saw

the guy come to shut off the water...It was my

husbands job to run and fill the big huge barrel

with water.......It was the depression.....

She had no time for flim flam....She was

into survival....And she had a lot of mouths to

feed....It was the depression....She was into

basics....A roof over her kids head and a hot meal for them....And lots of TLC...Those were the vitamins.....They all knew they were loved...

She baked 8 loaves of hot homemade bread

every other day....And every meal was cooked in

a pot....

When my husband and I got married....There

were so many things he had never tasted....He

didn't know what a cashew nut was....Nor had he

ever tasted shrimp.....

But he knew what love was....He was raised

and bred on love.....If a child knows they are

loved...and with that comes security....They can

literally have nothing and turn out great.....

I asked my Mother in law once....How come all your daughter in laws love you so much.....

She said to me..."Honey...If you stick up for

your inlaws your own will forgive you."......

And she was always right on the money.....

She also had a tremendous sense of humor.....

I think they lived on humor and love....

With her...Her health left her but her humor stayed with her till the end.....

I think humor is invaluable in a family...

That is what you play with....That is what keeps

you young......

I was raised in a family where humor was a

foreign language....We never saw funny in anything....ever...Our home was so serious...

And solemn and my parents never saw eye to eye

on anything....They were always mad.....

Guess what?....I met this darling boy in

school that was from another planet....He saw

funny in everything.....I thought I was in heaven.....As I had never been introduced to

humor.....

He never got upset at anything....He just

made light of everything....I loved that....I

remember saying to my friends that I had met this young man that never got mad......

At any rate....My world changed....And we

ended up in getting married.....That is another

story for another day....

What I have learned is that everyone has a

story....If we had time to listen...Every one

would have a Rose in their life.....

The day I met my husband....changed my entire life.....And the day I heard Michael sing

.....prevented me from ever forgeting the love

of that moment....Which is so precious to me....

Michael has kept alive for me the most

tender and loving moments of my yesterday.....

In my moments that I allow myself to feel

and let myself have the luxury of reliving those

moments....I have found a way in my mind where

Michaels music can help fill the tremendous void

We all have a different story but in truth

they are all kind of the same....My favorite

Movie is Notebook.....I watch it over and over

and over....As I love the love in it....It is

just so rare these days......True loyal lasting

love.....

Anything in life that is beautiful...Be it

music or a movie or just fills my heart with love....Is something I have to have.....

Just knowing this is the ultimate shortcut

to happiness.....When love fills your heart...

with it comes other truths....Once you have it

and you honor it and take care of it....It will

never leave you....Even into the eternity.....

And the beauty of life is....... with its rewards and punishments will eventually come the

day that will make you someones Rose.....

All the love I have......

Gram....Yo!

Oh Irene I just sit here and sigh when I read your beautiful posts.

You are one incredible lady

Take care

Anne

To all you lovely ladies

Thought you might like a little laughter today

RAISING CHILDREN

To those of us who have children in our lives,whether they are our own,

grandchildren,

nieces,

nephews,

or students...

here is something to make you chuckle.

Whenever your children are out of control,

you can take comfort from the thought that

even God's omnipotence did not extend

to His own children.

After creating heaven and earth,

God created Adam and Eve.

And the first thing he said was

"DON'T!"

"Don't what? "

Adam replied.

"Don't eat the forbidden fruit."

God said.

"Forbidden fruit?

We have forbidden fruit?

Hey Eve..we have forbidden fruit! "

"No Way ! "

"Yes way! "

"Do NOT eat the fruit! "

said God.

"Why?"

"Because I am your Father and I said so! "

God replied,

wondering why He hadn't stopped

creation after making the elephants

A few minutes later,

God saw His children having an apple break

and He was ticked!

"Didn't I tell you not to eat the fruit? "

God asked.

"Uh huh,"

Adam replied.

"Then why did you? "

said the Father.

"I don't know,"

said Eve.

"She started it! "

Adam said.

"Did not! "

"Did too! "

"DID NOT! "

Having had it with the two of them,

God's punishment was that Adam and Eve

should have children of their own.

Thus the pattern was set and it has never changed.

BUT THERE IS REASSURANCE IN THE STORY!

If you have persistently and lovingly tried to give children wisdom and they haven't taken it,

don't be hard on yourself.

If God had trouble raising children,

what makes you think it would be

a piece of cake for you?

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!

1. You spend the first two years of their life

teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend

the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.

2. Grandchildren are God's reward

for not killing your own children.

3. Mothers of teens now know why

some animals eat their young.

4. Children seldom misquote you.

In fact,

they usually repeat word for word

what you shouldn't have said.

5. The main purpose of holding children's parties

is to remind yourself that there are children

more awful than your own.

6. We childproofed our homes,

but they are still getting in.

ADVICE FOR THE DAY:

Be nice to your kids.

They will choose your

nursing home one day.

AND FINALLY:

IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF TENSION

AND YOU GET A HEADACHE,

DO WHAT IT SAYS

ON THE ASPIRIN BOTTLE:

"TAKE TWO ASPIRIN"

AND "KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN"!!!!!

Take care and have a good weekend everyone

Anne

Laurie

Nice to see you back and had a successful move.

A special thank you coming your way very soon.

Anne

I just received this one and I cannot stop laughing.

How many are you guilty of using?

I OWE MY MOTHER

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.

"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished

cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION.

"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4. My mother taught me LOGIC.

" Because I said so, ! that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.

"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the

store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.

"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

7. My mother taught me IRONY

"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.

"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.

Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.

"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.

"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.> "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13.. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.

"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.

"Stop acting like your father!"

15. My mother taught me about ENVY.

"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have

wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.

"Just wait until we get home."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.

"You are going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.

"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP.

"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOR.

"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.

"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

22. My mother taught me GENETICS.

"You're just like your father."

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.

"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me WISDOM.

"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

25. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE.

"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"

Love to all

Anne

DEAR AMBER AND LOVELY BUBLE FRIENDS,

GOOD TO SEE LAURIE BACK, NO, WE DIDN'T GO ON ANY ADVENTYRE WHILE YOU WERE GONE, MUST TALK TO OUR LEADER ABOUT ANOTHER "ADVENTURE IN BUBLELAND"

SYDNEY, ENJOY YOUR POSTS, I SMILE ALL OVER WHEN I READ THEM, THANK YOU.

TONIGHT AT 9 WILL MARK THREE YEARS IN SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA. I SEEN MY FIRST MICH

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead