Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valeria

Your Fave comfort food

65 posts in this topic

jazzrocks...

chocolate! and except for people allergic I would think that would be everyone's favorite!!

By the way, my screen name is.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

English Muffins with melted butter. Yummy...

My Mom always made them for me when I was sick.

Everytime I see a package of them at the store, I instantly think of my childhood and how wonderful of a Mother I have! icon_biggrin.gif

-L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take chocolate too!! Nothing better! icon_wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG...I'm getting hungry reading your messages on this thread!! icon_eek.gif

My fave confort food is chocolate too!!

In summer I replace chocolate with ice cream:I love it! icon_biggrin.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can have your chocolate; comfort me with pizza!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love good olé fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy, southern style-- Can't beat it but I don't have it often at all way too many calories! but it's scrumptous!! icon_biggrin.gif

and I'll take pizza any day over chocolate, I love a good pizza~and a beer on a hot day, very good!

icon_smile.gif

Diane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH MY MY! icon_biggrin.gif GOTS TO HAVE CHOCOLATE IN ANY SHAPE AND FORM! icon_smile.gif VEGI-PIZZA WORKS FOR ME TOO. icon_smile.gif NOTE: SHOULD NEVER READ THIS THREAD WHEN ALL YOU HAD ALL MORNING WAS AN APPLE. icon_razz.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess I'll sound corny, but my favorite comfort food is still meatloaf with potatoes and gravy. My mum made the best and I'm still trying to match hers. I've made it with ground turkey lately to cut back on the cholesterol. Meatloaf sandwiches the next day on wheat bread with mayo and a nice leaf of lettuce is just about perfection for me....then top it off with a nice chunk of dark chocolate...You expected me to leave that out?????

This is fun...jeane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chocolate for sure icon_smile.gif and then pizza, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, macaroni and cheese w/tuna, fried chicken, hamburgers, french fries, i could go on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorite "comfort foods" if you can call this one a "comfort food", is cole slaw. Probably because we always had some sort of salad with dinner, and if we didn't have lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, etc., my mother would make a big bowl of cole slaw -- she made it minus the carrots because my father didn't like carrots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Jeane, I was hoping someone would say meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy. I thought people would think I was nuts! I love it and yes, meatloaf sandwiches the next day. Mmmmmmm good!!!! I also love fried chicken, and of course, with mashed potatoes and gravy. I love a good hamburger, too. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Dang, this is making me hungry!

Joanied

Buble's Brunette Babe #204

ATM #33

icon_cool.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite comfort food is a delicious bowl of Pasta Fagioli...but it has to be made by my husband...he's the absolute best with the "Depression Era dishes"! I make it with the same exact ingredients as he does, and the same quantities of each, but for some reason, his is just to die for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Localola,

Can you share the recipe for your favorite comfort food? I understand that the "secret ingredient" is your husband. icon_wink.gif but I want to see if I could make it for my husband too.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by JazzRocks:

Localola,

Can you share the recipe for your favorite comfort food? I understand that the "secret ingredient" is your husband. icon_wink.gif but I want to see if I could make it for my husband too.

Thanks!

Lola, I know that if I follow the recipe exactly, it'll still turn out badly... so can I borrow your husband too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by Valeria:

OMG...I'm getting hungry reading your messages on this thread!! icon_eek.gif

My fave confort food is chocolate too!!

In summer I replace chocolate with ice cream:I love it! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif Hi to all! In this crazy life, and through these crazy times...

You are you, are you... Michael who you make us sing, you are our strophe ... you are our word! You are Everything!, the magic that of you flows and joins us with pure, noble, like that feelings you are your! You are all the songs, and if, we sing to the unison Michael, because you are the beautiful angel that in an embrace, always! You are Everything! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by Mary *THANKS FOREVER MICHAEL*:

quote:
Originally posted by Valeria:

OMG...I'm getting hungry reading your messages on this thread!! icon_eek.gif

My fave confort food is chocolate too!!

In summer I replace chocolate with ice cream:I love it! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif Hi to all! In this crazy life, and through these crazy times...

You are you, are you... Michael who you make us sing, you are our strophe ... you are our word! You are Everything!, the magic that of you flows and joins us with pure, noble, like that feelings you are your! You are all the songs, and if, we sing to the unison Michael, because you are the beautiful angel that in an embrace, always! You are Everything! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

Boricua!!! Find it, cost, but achieve it and here I am singing with Michael (luck to that my desfinacion does not listen, ja ja ja) Thank you dear Boricua. Kisses to all. Have a great week! Mary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Lola, I know that if I follow the recipe exactly, it'll still turn out badly... so can I borrow your husband too?

Vegi, You'll have to stand in line after me!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite comfort foods? Oh my gosh....I have to pick just ONE? lol

Pastitchio

Spanokopita

Anything Chocolate

-Kat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

brownies with milk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can wake me at all times for a (Burger King) whopper with double cheese :lol: i know it's really bad :mellow: but it's so yummie :P

actually i don't eat that much fast food, maybe once in 2 or 3 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites