Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lynne C

Emily Blunt on Craig Ferguson show tonight-1/12/07

15 posts in this topic

I just wanted to let everyone know that Emily Blunt will be on the Craig Ferguson show tonight. In the Boston area it airs at 12:35AM, so I guess that is actually very early Saturday. I thought some of you might want to check out the show. Craig is very funny and entertaining.

Lynne Coyne

I just wanted to let everyone know that Emily Blunt will be on the Craig Ferguson show tonight. In the Boston area it airs at 12:35AM, so I guess that is actually very early Saturday. I thought some of you might want to check out the show. Craig is very funny and entertaining.

Lynne Coyne

mmmmmm, saw the show and was very suprised about her comment on the fans when she is traveling with Michael icon_eek.gif.... not good... did anyone else see what she said?

I didn't see the show!

I can't see that show here. icon_rolleyes.gif

I would like to know what she said...

Anyway,if her comments aren't good,I'm a Michael Bublè fan not an Emily Blunt fan...so I'm sure he'll never change his opinion about us!

Kisses

Hi Lynne!

Thanks for the heads up about Emily's appearance on Craig Ferguson's show! It's aired too late for me to stay up to see, so I had to tape it. Just watched the show this morning~she's adorable and Craig is very funny!

Thanks again and hope all is going well for you and your family!

Take care,

Betty

Hi all...I did see Emily on the show....I did find what she said about his fans kind of insulting. She was probably trying to be funny but I don't think it came across that way. Just my opinion.

I posted on it last night after the show....if you want to read about it on the Question thread....Its on Mom Amber Buble got a minute.....Do you want more?......I think I covered about everything they discussed.....

Love Gram Irene.....

Hello everyone,

I stayed up late to watch Emily on the Craig Ferguson show and thought she was very charming. I think her comment about some of the fans being overzealous or trying to impress MB with their own singing talents are probably more true than what we (fans that would never do that) can realize. I'm sure it's tough seeing women (again, not the true fan who respects MB) night after night throw themselves at your boyfriend. I met Emily in El Paso and she was extremely nice and very down to earth. I think she appreciated the fact that I didn't totally ignore her and concentrate just on MIchael. We had a very nice conversation and I then posed with pics of MB. When they departed, she made a point of saying goodbye to me and to have fun at the concert. Also, I agree that she was probably just saying that (about being thrown to the side of the bus when fans see MB) in a joking manner. Overall, I thought it was a great interview.

Dancingmonkey and Rose Margaret,

Last year when Michael was touring there was letter after letter after letter in the Tour section of this board from board members complaining about the behaviour of some fans at concerts so it is not surprising if Emily sometimes comments.

I haven't seen the Craig Ferguson show but I have seen other interviews of Emily's. She has a clever, dry wit and I always 'get it' and am so thankful she has a good sense of humour. She's also been very warm and friendly to board members she's met on Michael's tour.

Laguna

I tried to clear up a few things about Emily on" Mom Bubles Got a Minute" thread....I

went into a little more detail ....So I hope that it helps.....

Love ya all....Gram Irene....

quote:
fans being overzealous or trying to impress MB with their own singing talents

Oh yeah, I do that all the time. When I see Michael, I don't even say hello, I just start singing to him right away...

WHO DOES THAT?!

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Hello everyone,

I notice with gratitude that Irene Hope has tried to answer a few questions about Emily Blunt and I applaude Laguna for her considered and fair comments.

May I as a Brit add a little to what is obviously an intriguing subject to some of

Michael's Fans.

Michael's first public mention of Emily Blunt was on British Radio in November 2005, (but he did not name her) By that time she had appeared on British TV more than once alongside some very well known and illustrious members of British Theatre and had appeared in a British Film in a major starring role.She had already received one of the highest British awards for a young British actress. Some of us over here, (Bublé Fans -- and-- theatre lovers) thought we recognised the young actress Michael spoke of and were very pleased, but mindful of everyone's right to privacy, we remained silent.

Emily Blunt is a naturally talented young actress who, in my opinion, will one day become a great actress.

She comes from a respected middle-class family in England. Emily is NOT related to James Blunt the singer, who I understand also has a sister named Emily.

I hope this is perceived as being non-intrusive to Emily Blunt but helpful to some of Michael's more curious Fans.

All the best. Kate (sometimes referred to as Katie/80)

Kate,

Thanks for enlighting us on the info. I don't feel this is intrusive at all. Emily is certainly on to great things in her career.

I thought her acting was wonderful in Prada, and in My Summer of Love. I would love to see Gideon's Dgtr. I will continue to support both her and Michael.

icon_smile.gif

Bublé Hugs,

Diane