Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nine

You light up my life

51 posts in this topic

Dear Michael

As I wanted to spend my practical course in the field of event management in Canada starting in April, I went to several doctors for a check in March. One of my doctors has found a tumor in my body so I got the shocking message that I have cancer. These words have changed our life entirely. I had to be operated 4 times, I have spent 3 weeks in hospital, have had 5 months chemotherapy (FEC) and following to the chemotherapy I’ve had irradiation from Monday to Friday everyday for 6 weeks (2 gy, 33 times).

I would not have made it without my family they where there for me 24 hours a day. I am very thankful and happy about the strengths they gave me. My dad took a holiday of 3 weeks, spending all time with me in hospital starting in the morning at 8 o’clock and ending at

7 o’clock in the evening. My mummy went to all chemotherapies with me and that was definitely the worst time in my life! I lost 12 kilos weight, had pains in my body and bones and felt sick all the time. In that whole time, I got most strength from my brother Thomas. He is only 19 years and he has put back everything for more than 6 months for me. After work, he drove to hospital for being at least 2 hours there for me, also each weekend he was there for me. He gave up hanging around with his friends and having fun just for me! During the chemotherapy he hugged me, told me how important I am for him, looked that I ate and drank enough and stayed with me until I fell asleep. He drove me everyday after work to the irradiation that is nothing he needed to do but he wanted to be there for me. As you can see, since more than 6 months he is “always” there for me, and I really love him for that as well as my mum and dad for being there.

Just because of this family, I have won the fight against cancer!

Now the reason why I am writing to you! When I felt awful, I turned on your music in my karaoke machine and started singing your songs. You won’t believe how much power you gave me in singing my favorite song “home” with me. I do feel so happy and free of all the painful thoughts in my head when we share these wonderful music moments together (hope I can say so *smile*). Michael, I wanna thank you so much for your incredible sensitive music, your voice is the loveliest I have ever heard.

I am wishing you all the best, healthiness and success in your life. May it be overwhelming good!

Love Nadine

Dear Michael

As I wanted to spend my practical course in the field of event management in Canada starting in April, I went to several doctors for a check in March. One of my doctors has found a tumor in my body so I got the shocking message that I have cancer. These words have changed our life entirely. I had to be operated 4 times, I have spent 3 weeks in hospital, have had 5 months chemotherapy (FEC) and following to the chemotherapy I’ve had irradiation from Monday to Friday everyday for 6 weeks (2 gy, 33 times).

I would not have made it without my family they where there for me 24 hours a day. I am very thankful and happy about the strengths they gave me. My dad took a holiday of 3 weeks, spending all time with me in hospital starting in the morning at 8 o’clock and ending at

7 o’clock in the evening. My mummy went to all chemotherapies with me and that was definitely the worst time in my life! I lost 12 kilos weight, had pains in my body and bones and felt sick all the time. In that whole time, I got most strength from my brother Thomas. He is only 19 years and he has put back everything for more than 6 months for me. After work, he drove to hospital for being at least 2 hours there for me, also each weekend he was there for me. He gave up hanging around with his friends and having fun just for me! During the chemotherapy he hugged me, told me how important I am for him, looked that I ate and drank enough and stayed with me until I fell asleep. He drove me everyday after work to the irradiation that is nothing he needed to do but he wanted to be there for me. As you can see, since more than 6 months he is “always” there for me, and I really love him for that as well as my mum and dad for being there.

Just because of this family, I have won the fight against cancer!

Now the reason why I am writing to you! When I felt awful, I turned on your music in my karaoke machine and started singing your songs. You won’t believe how much power you gave me in singing my favorite song “home” with me. I do feel so happy and free of all the painful thoughts in my head when we share these wonderful music moments together (hope I can say so *smile*). Michael, I wanna thank you so much for your incredible sensitive music, your voice is the loveliest I have ever heard.

I am wishing you all the best, healthiness and success in your life. May it be overwhelming good!

Love Nadine

Nine, reading your post made me almost cry! What an aweful time this must have been for you and your family! I really feel for you and I'm glad to hear that your fight against the cancer was successful!

I hope Michael gets to read this cause it sure would make him happy! His music is an inspiration and I truly believe in the healing powers of music. It touches the heart and soul of people!

Bye the way, welcome to the board, Nine!!! Looking forward to many posts from you!

Love,

Reni

When you are sick your support system is so important and you were very lucky to have your family there for you and as far as Michael his music,his voice really does really makes you forget things. I know it was a tough time to get through this and I am very happy of your success story.

Congratulations on winning the hardest fight of your life!!! You are an inspiration to us all!!! Your spirit is beautiful and strong...

And yes... Thanks to your family's support and Michael's music, you were able to go on and fight it to the end...

Welcome aboard Nadine!!! You are among family and friends here!!! You'll meet wonderful people on this forum, just like you!!!

Looking forward to reading your posts... You sound very special indeed!!!

Keep posting...

If you don't mind I copied your post in another thread... I want to make sure that Michael and his mum read your story...

Johanne (the one with too many names...)

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Nadine, what can we ordinary folk say in the face of such courage and strength.

I have only the deepest admiration for the way in which you and your family have coped.

You are most welcome here to enjoy friends of Michael and his wonderful music.

Gans Cara (Cornish for With Love ) Kate

Welcome Nadine!

Just do not know what to say, except that I am happy to hear you are well now! Great admiration for you, as well as your family. Please have lots of fun here! You certainly deserve this!

Mouse icon_smile.gif

Nadine,

Congratulations on winning the fight against cancer! You are an inspiration to us all! I had a similar situation happen to me as well. So, I can completely understand how MB helped you in your recovery! Congrats!icon_smile.gif

Nadine,

So gald to read your story... and so glad you you did it !

Family and friends are those to rely on in such situations...

But, don't forget ... you are the one to admire too for have not given up !

Deep Bow

Welcome and enjoy it all

Greetings from germany

Gilles-Marc

Nadine,

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your recovery! The strength of your spirit is evidenced not only in having endured but in having overcomed such a mortal struggle. I am elated to hear that you are doing better and look forward to seeing you on the board!

Shelley

icon_smile.gifHi to everyone

I didn’t expect to get such an amazing resonance to my post – thanx to all of you! You make me feel unbelievably happy.

Yes - I am really blessed with a wonderful family! On Christmas Eve I read out a poem, I wrote just for my beloved ones in which I thanked them for everything they did for me! It is originally written in German, so it would unfortunately not make sense to post it here.

Johanne, of course I do not mind that you copied my post to another thread (as I want Michael to know what he did for me) and maybe you can inform me, where you placed it exactly.

Take Care all of you!

Greetings

Nadine

Hi Nadine,

Johanne put it under "Questions", Mom Bublé.. have you got a minute! Great thread (but takes some time to read it all as it has 52 pages...). Also the thread where I found out you wrote.

Mouse icon_smile.gif

sniff..sniff.... speechless.....with tears in my eyes...

reminded me of someone very special to me.....

big hug to you sweetie......and welcome ....

pati

Welcome Nadine!!! Congrats!!

Thanks for your lovely post! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm glad to read your story..... it touched me in deep of my heart.

Have a good time here with us on board !!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

see you around !!! icon_biggrin.gif

Nadine

Bless you and your beautiful family!

Also blessings to Michael and his family for bringing you and all of us his beautiful voice and personality to enjoy. Susan

Welcome Nadine. ((((((Hugs to you)))))) You will find that Michael, his immediate family and his extended family of fans on this board are such wonderful people who will embrace you and comfort you when you need it. I have said it before and I will say it again, Michael has the best fans in the world. Welcome again and congratulations on winning the battle.

Arlene

Thanks Mouse for telling Nadine where I copied her post...

Nadine... I have but the utmost admiration for you... You've demonstrated courage, strength and will to live in the face of cancer... Your story "Lift Me Up"!!! Thank you!!! I needed to read this...

While reading it... I thought of my dearly departed paternal Grand-papa... I miss him!! I lost my maternal Grand-papa many years ago to cancer as well. The only Grand-maman I have left (paternal, aged 82) has had cancer too!! She had to get a double mastectomy 6 years ago at the age of 76... She is doing very well and is very healthy...

I'm very grateful that she is still with us... I go and visit her everytime I can...

LOL,

Johanne

Nadine, it was so uplifting reading your post. Life gives us ups and downs, but what counts is the people who help you through these ups and downs. You´re fortunate, my best wishes for you and your incredible family. Family, a big dose of a fighting spirit like yours and of course MUSIC heals the body and soul, specially if its Michaels. I recently lost a special somebody of only 23 years and its been quite difficult for all of us, and you know what, your story has given me a little push to keep on moving and thanking God for life and the miracles that he sends our way. Take Care and God bless!!!

Boricua...

Sorry about your loss...

I loooooove what you said about miracles!!!! It is sooooo true!!!

Johanne

Thanks a lot Johanne!!! We are taking it one day at a time...and yes there are miracles!!!, we just have to open all our senses to appreciate them. This board has been helpfull, and the people here...Music has been always like a lifeboat for me, it keeps me going and Michaels music and the sentiments that he expresses concerning his family and his music has help a lot. Thank god for the miracle of Michaels talent!!!

Johanne and Boricua, I am very happy – that I was able to help someone in this wide world with my story. "Giving hope and as you said: “to lift you up” is a wonderful feeling and exactly the target I wanted to reach with my post! I know exactly how you felt when you lost someone to Heaven.

3 years ago I lost my cousin Chris at the age of 17. He died in a car accident. That was a weird day. I couldn’t sleep well that night – had woken up very often. When I turned on TV in the morning I switched to the regional channel. I had a strange feeling in my belly when I read on the videotext that 1 boy died in a car accident (in our town) and 2 others were badly injured. Half an hour later my aunt called to inform us that Chris died in this accident. Bow – shock! The first year was very hard especially for my younger cousin (she was 13 that time), but now we are sure that Chris is an angel who keeps an eye on us – and I am sure he is my guardian angel (as I am blessed with so much love and luck). During that time music played another huge role in my life – but it is not to compare with what Michael did for me. I started crying when I heard the song which reminded me of my cousin although I knew that in these moments he is definitely next to me and didn’t want so see me cry. Now it is easier for me to listen to this song and I am glad that there is a song that reminds me so much of him…the time I listen to this song and close my eyes, we are both kids and have fun outside our house icon_smile.gif

During my disease I got to know a lot more sorrowful destinies; especially people who knew that they won’t live much longer touched my heart. Another painful but incredible lovely moment was when I had contact with babies and kids. Two hours before my first operation in the hospital I had to be injected a nuclear substance. In the waiting room was a small baby-boy (6months) with mum and dad. The boy laughed and smiled at me all the time. His parents told me that he has also cancer. That was an absolute shock for me! He reached with his tiny fingers for me so I got him on my bosom and held him gently in my arms – that was an incredible feeling and moment – I kissed his head and appealed god in my thoughts to pay attention and give power to this sweet baby! Few weeks ago, my nurse informed me that he had so much “luck as I had” – I am so happy for him! This encounter made me aware how cruel life can be! A baby isn’t able to tell what’s wrong with him – and chemotherapies initiate lots of strange wants and don’ts. Tears run over my cheek when I remember him and all the other brave fighting kids! Children have absolutely much more power in such a struggle than most adults have! Sorry that I wrote those stories – but they belong to my life – and I wanted to share them!

Thanx again to everyone for your sincere posts!

My best wishes to all of you!

Nadine

icon_wink.gifHello Nadine,

Thanks so much for posting ! It's very difficult to speak about dead or the disease. But I think It's a good thing for you to share with us these difficult moments of your life! (Excuse my english !). But in fact, speaking about it, with other people, give you also the possibility to exteriorize his feelings!

Best wishes

Oh Nadine...

What a beautiful follow-up to the first one... You've touched my heart and my soul!!! The baby you met was one of those "miracles" that changes one's life. He held out his hand to you and smiled at you... He showed YOU his undefeated spirit... Because of this precious moment you shared with him, you learned to have faith in life and to have hope... Thank you for sharing this beautiful story with us...

Please keep on posting... Your wisdom, your strength and courage are sooooo needed in this forsaken world.

A friend,

Johanne