Photo

Did You Meet Michael Poll

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
94 replies to this topic

#81 Boricua

Boricua

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:32 PM

Leese I understand what you are saying, I also know that I have been lucky..never will I ever regret taking the plunge, so to speak, and making ends meet to get to see Michael last August. Am grateful and it was one of those "lucky" things. He truly is an amazing guy and truly appreciates his fans but now that he is sky rocking its going to be more difficult for these "chance meetings".
Posted Image

#82 Redsoxgal

Redsoxgal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:...guess!

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:13 AM

I met Michael last August 4, 2007 in Boston right before his concert. I drove into Boston with my husband and girls saying there's a million people in that city and Michael Buble, how will I ever find him? We went to the Wang center and there were the buses right on the street. At different times different band members, Emily, Steve etc. came in and out. I'd been standing there by the bus for an hour and a half, he and Emily came off, Michaels first words to me were, "I just woke up, I look terrible', I said "no you don't", I was shaking so hard, he saw it, said "your shaking", I said "I have everything you've ever done, I'm that big of a fan, I love you singing."...I asked him to sign a quilted piece I had made of him, which he did after looking at it, then he posed for pictures with me, said "Mama they're taking our pictures", he was such a sweetheart, He hugged me good bye and kissed my cheek..... I was in total shock the whole night.

You know I realize I was so very, very lucky.... I hope and pray that the day never comes when no one is going to be able to get to him, I hope this never happens because I don't want him to have that kind of life.....it isn't a life it's a business, and the 'star' is just the product they sell. I want him to stay like he was on the sidewalk that day, Michael in shorts, baseball cap, being a sweetheart to a lady older than his Mother ......just being our Michael, the guy we love.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"If you really know me and you hang out with Michael then you know I'm probably closer to Homer Simpson than you can even imagine....so being here at the Dunkin Donuts Center, I'm not kidding...."

"..you're shaking, hey Mama they are taking our picture."

#83 BubleTraveler

BubleTraveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:50 PM

I was fortunate enough to sit in the front row in Winnipeg where Michael shook my hand and posed for numerous pictures. However, I was truly blessed to run into him alone with his family in Atlantic City. The icing on the cake was attending his sound check in Mohegan Sun. He was incredibly adorable. My hand was shaking and he made note of it. I told him that I was nervous to be meeting him and he said "darling, don't let me make you nervous, I am nothing but a dork." Can you imagine that he thinks he is a dork? I love him more today than yesterday!

#84 simibee

simibee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:07 AM

I'm so jealous!!! I just hope next time he is in Sydney that i get a photo or hug, that would be amazing!!!!

#85 Jadey

Jadey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

Hopefully I can meet him NEXT time :)
We hung outside the last Melbourne concert - but when we saw NO one else waiting we heard from security he had already left with the band - we were too late :(
Posted Image

#86 Jadey

Jadey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:41 AM

OH! But I DID get to hold his hand twice during the show - and ended up tugging *lightly* at his pants and tapping his shoe to get his attention for this hahah! :lol: :blink:
Posted Image

#87 caz74

caz74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:40 AM

I've met Michael about 6 times now!!

I met him first in May 2007 when he was doing a Promo tour in Australia.
I had my photo taken with him and a couple of the band members.

On his recent tour I met him about 5 times, it was amazing, and an experience I will always remember.
He is such a sweet guy. :)

Caz
Posted Image
Michael and I - Rove Studios 8th June 2008

Posted Image
CAZ AND MICHAEL MAY 2007

#88 bublebunny

bublebunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:29 AM

I was also lucky enough to have 2 encounters with Michael on the latest tour - totally surreal! He was friendly and quick with a joke! His take off, of our accent was a treat!
We don't really sound that bad? Do we? :lol:
We were very lucky in Australia to see so much of Michael.
Like Caz said -it is truly an experience you will never forget!

Bublebunny

#89 DanceN2MyOwnTune

DanceN2MyOwnTune

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:34 PM

Ok Ladies, no one has posted for awhile, so I am taking a chance that someone sees my post.
How in the world have so many of you lucky gals met Michael? He is coming to Raleigh, NC in Oct; I cannot wait, it will be my first time seeing him live, any tips on how I just might "run" into him? And what about those after parties I have heard Michael talking about, how do you all get in there??????

Thanks
Andrea

#90 Redsoxgal

Redsoxgal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:...guess!

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:46 PM

I think for a lot of us it was luck. Then again, it was being in the right place at the right time, which again could be luck. The buses are a great place. But as you can see, Michael is out and about when he tours. I hope he can continue to have his freedom, and we don't harm that. He's so giving to us, he DOES stop what he is doing to make time for us, as you can read, over and over. Most of these meetings are not the Meet & Greets from Bunglow-B. It's just us out going about everyday life with a chance meeting Michael.

As for the after parties, they aren't in every city, I think it probably has to do with travel time. In Providence this year they were right out of there after the concert.... so my best advice is to do your homework, find out the venue, where the tour buses will be, then make a plan to be there plenty of time before the show. Why? before the show, because if you miss then, you still have another chance after the show!

I've met many people I've wanted too in my life , and I think most of it was planning what I could. We have a venue outside of Boston, that the buses go underground and there's no way to even see them, yet where he was in Boston last year they were on the public street.

It really is luck.... so good luck to you. And even if you don't get to meet him...seeing Michael LIVE is the treat of a lifetime! He IS that good!....
"If you really know me and you hang out with Michael then you know I'm probably closer to Homer Simpson than you can even imagine....so being here at the Dunkin Donuts Center, I'm not kidding...."

"..you're shaking, hey Mama they are taking our picture."

#91 Dreamy79

Dreamy79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

i met michael in atlanta, texas, nyc, and vancouver several times, but the most funny encounter was when well i was walking the fox theater (looking for my ex husband who works there) and well i was going to open the door and the door flungs open i get hit and boom who comes out is michael. at that moment i dont know weather im seeing stars due to the bump on my head or beacuse is mr buble himself but the person who actually pushed the door was alan chang. it was to funny know that i remember but at the time it was pain. so any way he grabs me as i almost fall back :::sigh::: to be held by the two men i dream of wooohooo, i remember the words "oh my god are you ok" my head a little shooke up. it was to unreal. and later that night with my neices, my little niece who is 10 got to go to her first concert and it was a Buble concert, she was just fascinated with Mr Jumanee Smith's skills n well now she is taking trumpet lessons. funny story too, she was sitting there at the fox theater and her sister accidentally sat on her glasses so i tried to fix them n broke them by accident n well that was just before Michael came on n well she got really bummed. i felt so bad my heart cried n all threw the concert i noticed she was squinting n well. i held her hand n we walked towards the front n she got to see him a little closer. but i kind of didn't really enjoy to the concert to the fullest because of guilt. so the concert finished i said to myself i have to make it up to her but how, so we sat on the side of the theater on some stairs thinking should i go back n buy her all the Buble stuff she wants? n guess what the whole band was there! we sat next to Josh, Justin n Mr Jumanee, she started talking to him n i hadn't even noticed she had a full on conversation with him told him about her glasses n then after a while here comes Mr Buble, both girls saw him and just got cold feet. he smiled at them n then i guess that smile triggered something cause they went crazy. we stayed there for a while talking to him, even told him the glasses story well he asked what song they like n these little crazies tell him the maroon 5 song jajajaja so he sang them a little piece n well that made their night n well my heart smiled. we met him again in Houston this year n he actually remember us which was pretty awesome to know due to the tons n tons of ppl he meets. Well this time around the girls could not go but he sent them an autograph so they were pretty stoke.

#92 bublesue

bublesue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts
  • Interests:MB, football,dancing,music

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:37 PM

i met michael in atlanta, texas, nyc, and vancouver several times, but the most funny encounter was when well i was walking the fox theater (looking for my ex husband who works there) and well i was going to open the door and the door flungs open i get hit and boom who comes out is michael. at that moment i dont know weather im seeing stars due to the bump on my head or beacuse is mr buble himself but the person who actually pushed the door was alan chang. it was to funny know that i remember but at the time it was pain. so any way he grabs me as i almost fall back :::sigh::: to be held by the two men i dream of wooohooo, i remember the words "oh my god are you ok" my head a little shooke up. it was to unreal. and later that night with my neices, my little niece who is 10 got to go to her first concert and it was a Buble concert, she was just fascinated with Mr Jumanee Smith's skills n well now she is taking trumpet lessons. funny story too, she was sitting there at the fox theater and her sister accidentally sat on her glasses so i tried to fix them n broke them by accident n well that was just before Michael came on n well she got really bummed. i felt so bad my heart cried n all threw the concert i noticed she was squinting n well. i held her hand n we walked towards the front n she got to see him a little closer. but i kind of didn't really enjoy to the concert to the fullest because of guilt. so the concert finished i said to myself i have to make it up to her but how, so we sat on the side of the theater on some stairs thinking should i go back n buy her all the Buble stuff she wants? n guess what the whole band was there! we sat next to Josh, Justin n Mr Jumanee, she started talking to him n i hadn't even noticed she had a full on conversation with him told him about her glasses n then after a while here comes Mr Buble, both girls saw him and just got cold feet. he smiled at them n then i guess that smile triggered something cause they went crazy. we stayed there for a while talking to him, even told him the glasses story well he asked what song they like n these little crazies tell him the maroon 5 song jajajaja so he sang them a little piece n well that made their night n well my heart smiled. we met him again in Houston this year n he actually remember us which was pretty awesome to know due to the tons n tons of ppl he meets. Well this time around the girls could not go but he sent them an autograph so they were pretty stoke.

What a great story about meeting Michael,thanks for posting in so much detail
makes it so much more interesting to read.We love hearing about Michael moments
in the minutest detail here ! Keep posting !
Posted Image

IT'S TIME TO CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE,I'M GOING ON THE CRAZY LOVE TOUR !

#88-BUBLE'S NERDS- THE OBSESSED WITH BUBLE NERD
BUNGALOW B MEMBER

#93 CipSeina

CipSeina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Modern art

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

Now that I think about it, you guys are kind of right. Just leave the server the way it is? And maybe add a 2nd channel?

#94 betsy

betsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:enjoy music; always Michael; all cultural arts , antiqueing, avid reader entertaining friends at dinner parties

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:44 AM

Sunfest , West Paslm Beach, Florida 2004

Michael was just starting to promote himself in the Unites States. I went to Sunfest with friends who had to see Chaka Khan.......I met MB

Probably because in trying to get my friends to look at as well as listen to him my voice carried as I gasped '"Oh my look at the face that goes with the fabulous voice" well it worked ......he asked me to come backstage!!!!!

And tha next time he was here was at Hard Rock & I couldn't get a seat , but you can be sure I will & up front this time
Posted Image

HPP@ST BUBLE'S
#37 BUBALICIOUS CAFE
ASSIT. MANAGER #5 BUBALICIOUS CAFE

#95 MichaelBubleFan101

MichaelBubleFan101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading and most important Listening to Michael Buble!!!!!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

I was lucky enough to go to one of his concerts sit front row and shake is hand!!! I started screaming after he grabbed my hand and my heart was pounding!!! I felt like I was going to faint!!! :D