Photo

Similar or Reccomended Artists?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Nipmock

Nipmock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

I've recently gotten into Michael Buble and he is absoulutely incredible. I adore his music and was wondering if anyone could reccomend me some similar artists. If so that would be fantastic, and thank you in advance.

#2 Nipmock

Nipmock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I just downloaded "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad" and I really like it Posted Image

#3 MOON

MOON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:39 PM

well there is Matt Dusk, he is also canadian and is similar to Michael.i haven't heard many of his songs but whaat ive heard is pretty good
Posted Image
MICHAEL YOU ROCK MY WORLD!!!
The 12th of November 2005 was the best FRICKIN Night of my life, thankyou Michael
Posted Image

* a member of baby bublé's :)#19
* A member of the Bublé Brunettes #162
* Obsessive Compulsive Disorder of Michael Bublé member #9
* Buble's Brown Eyed Babes #9
* Co-founder of the Bublé Booster Babes #3
* Devout Follower of Bubléism #12

Bublé booster babes - If you love Bublé, then Boost him Babes!
We shall dominate the world with Bublé, so BOOST BOOST BOOST!
- Proudly promoting Michael Bublé since 2006

#4 yoda

yoda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:27 PM

Hi Nipmock. How about Harry Connick Jr.?

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:19 PM

Hey, if you're looking for big band/swing singers... there's Vic Damone, Harry Connick Jr., Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Mel Torme, Louis Prima, The Mills Brothers, Lou Rawls (did a little bit - check out his CD, "Lou Rawls: Great Gentlemen of Song"), Ella Fitzgerald (& Louis Armstrong), Jamie Cullum, Peter Cincotti (not really big band/swing, but he is jazz), Nat King Cole, Susie Arioli Big Band (not many have heard of them), Tony Bennett, Bing Crosby, Bobby Darin... However, I would say these are my top three:
1. Michael Buble
2. Frank Sinatra
3. Bobby Darin

Anyways, any of those artists listed above are swing/big band/jazz singers. Hope these are what you're looking for!!

#6 Nipmock

Nipmock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:04 PM

Thanks so much Andrew Posted Image

I know a few of them, including Jamie Cullum, he's amazing too. I'll look into the the rest. Thanks again!

#7 grobanite227

grobanite227

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Michael Bublé and Josh Groban, Chris Botti and my grandson, Brendan! I am also fascinated by ancient Egypt! It just amazes me how the pyramids were built! I'm sure they had help from aliens!! LOL!

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

You might also like to check out Josh Groban. His style is not anything like Michael's but he has an amazing voice!! He also has David Foster as his producer!
Karen
Posted Image

#8 MegTheKnife

MegTheKnife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:54 AM

Definitely Jamie Cullum. Unfortunately there aren't many male singers with the talent and style that Michael have...I wish there were more ::sigh:: Female artists that I enjoy are Linda Eder (It's No Secret Anymore) and Renee Olstead. They have a similar big bang swing style. Linda Eder has an amazing voice and great music and Renee Olstead has great songs...but her voice could use some work; she is very young though so I'm sure we can expect great things from her.

~Megan

#9 Nipmock

Nipmock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:23 AM

Yeah, I've been into Jamie for a while now, I found out about Michael from someone on those boards. Thanks for all the suggestions, you guys, I really appreciate it!

#10 MegTheKnife

MegTheKnife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:44 PM

I don't really care for Josh Groban. Sure..he's got a great voice, but I just don't like his musical choices at all; that style of music just doesn't do it for me. I need more swing and jazz!!! Hmmm... some other suggestions of good artists: as said above, I really recommend Nat King Cole, Natalie Cole is great as well.

~Megan

#11 SarahBeth

SarahBeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:03 PM

I was wondering if anyone was going to suggest Josh Groban. He's totally amazing, and I love him--very different style from Michael, but still amazing nonetheless!

~Sarah
*~Sarah~*
Posted Image

#12 Danny Girl

Danny Girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Art, architecture, landscape, travel, rain, cold weather, jigsaw puzzles, watching and making movies, listening to music and writing lyrics, making poetry, screenplay writing, short story writing, directing, flea markets, accessories, history, black & white photography, mafia, dreams, jazz, rock

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:40 PM

This is my recommendation:
For more "current" jazz artists...

Harry Connick Jr.
Peter Cincotti
Jamie Cullum
Renee Olstead
Josh Groban (he's more pop-opera)
Dave Koz
Chris Botti
Matt Dusk
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Brian Setzer Orchestra

For more "old style" ones...
Frankie Sinatra
Dean "Dino" MArtin
Sammy Davis Jr.
Bobby Darin
Louis Prima
Nat King Cole
Benny Goodman
Louis armstrong
Duke Ellington
Count Basie
Bilie Holiday
Ella Fitzgerald
Bing Crosby
Paul Anka
Nina Simone
Rosemary Clooney

(He) was not of course a jazz singer, but his process resembled the way many jazz musicians worked. The best of them listened creatively to the tunes... but heard them through the filter of their own experience... They transformed these songs, edited them, reinvented them, found something of value in even the most banal tunes. The instrument didn't matter.
- Why Sinatra Matters

"...as far as jazz innovation is concerned, this music demands to be heard and present listeners with a choice: To keep re-hashing the music of yesteryear or lend our ears to music from afar that is bold, innovative and strives for originality."

#13 LifeOnABicyclEM4

LifeOnABicyclEM4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:48 AM

Try Rufus Wainwright. He is amazing, like Michael+keane

#14 carmenxu.com

carmenxu.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:05 AM

You guys will love Peter Cincotti, Chris Botti,Chat Baker and Frank Sinitra...They are the best...I like them as michael.

#15 candleria

candleria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:33 AM

Just the other day I was watching the Tavis Smiley show on KCET and I saw this singer by the name Amos Lee.WOW!! He was awesome.I looked up his site and later found out that he was perfoming later that evening on The Late Late Show on CBS. So I stayed up to watch and it was a great performance.I would say his music is more of a Blue's kind of jazz.If you like Norah Jones you will love Amos Lee.My favorite track is," In the arms of a woman".

#16 WhiT

WhiT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts
  • Interests:music, singing, family, friends, movies, TV, going out, dancing, computers, webdesign, food, travelling, teaching, drawing

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:40 PM

MEL TORME!! Sometimes Michael sounds just the same as Tormé.
XO,
Whitney

Posted Image Posted Image

#17 bublebabe17

bublebabe17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:46 PM

how about John Stevens from season 3 of american idol. his album comes out on june 28 and its titled "Red" Hes such a cutie and hes 16 years old so hes young but he has an awesome voice. one of the songs on his album is come fly with me, which as you know michael sings also.

#18 Nipmock

Nipmock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

I've recently gotten into Michael Buble and he is absoulutely incredible. I adore his music and was wondering if anyone could reccomend me some similar artists. If so that would be fantastic, and thank you in advance.