Photo

American Idol

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 kkRed

kkRed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 12:43 AM

Did anyone happen to watch American Idol today (Jan 19)? Anyways, there was a guy that came on and did a Dean Martin impression and then sang "Just the way you look tonight." Randy commented on the type of music and his voice and referenced MICHAEL BUBLE! Simple and short, but incredible exposure on a show like that! Michael really is on his way! In my view, Michael is TRULY an American Idol!

#2 kkRed

kkRed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 12:43 AM

Did anyone happen to watch American Idol today (Jan 19)? Anyways, there was a guy that came on and did a Dean Martin impression and then sang "Just the way you look tonight." Randy commented on the type of music and his voice and referenced MICHAEL BUBLE! Simple and short, but incredible exposure on a show like that! Michael really is on his way! In my view, Michael is TRULY an American Idol!

#3 Avison

Avison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 01:03 AM

kkRed

Wasn't that amazing?
Michael's being recognized by that judge says something about how 'accepted' and 'recognized' that Michael and his talents have become.

Avi

#4 pinkaboo

pinkaboo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:35 AM

Yeah I saw that too.. Randy was so cool to mention Michael buble and he say that type of music start comin back again.. I;m so happy when Randy know Michael does exist.. THANKS DOUG..

PINKABOO
xoxo,
Pinkabublé
http://spaces.msn.co...mbers/Pinkaboo/
http://www.myspace.com/dancinpinkaboo
http://spaces.msn.co...ers/ErinBoheme/
http://www.myspace.com/erinboheme
Penny Lane: We are not Groupies. We are here because of the music, we inspire the music. We are Band Aids. - "ALMOST FAMOUS"
Posted Image

#5 Kerenliz

Kerenliz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 03:36 AM

Seen that tonight....was pretty happy that he mentioned Michael! GO MIKE!

~*~Keren~*~
**The PR Princess**

#6 nay1972

nay1972

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:31 AM

I KNOW - I was dying... LOL

And it was even better that Randy mentioned Michael's name BEFORE Harry Connick Jr. - it means it was the first he thought of, and is WELL aware of Michael.

teeheehee

~Cleveland Rocks!~
{Renee Bublé}

#7 angie_kermit

angie_kermit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 12:41 PM

"Michael is TRULY an American Idol!"
First of all..not to be mean...but Michael is not American, he's Canadian! So he would be instead a Canadian Idol!!!

Angie from Fabulous Montreal

#8 Johnny Blue Note

Johnny Blue Note

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 01:27 PM

Randy,

Thank you so much DAWG for giving Michael this plug.
There were only about 40 billion people watching this show so this is amazing exposure for Michael.

Just give him a little more time and Michael Buble will be the "World Idol"

"That's All"

Johnny Blue Note
Posted Image

#9 WhiT

WhiT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts
  • Interests:music, singing, family, friends, movies, TV, going out, dancing, computers, webdesign, food, travelling, teaching, drawing

Posted 20 January 2004 - 01:32 PM

YEAH! Michael is a much, much, much better World Idol then that Polish guy...I think he sucks...But that's just my opinion...

xxx Whitney
XO,
Whitney

Posted Image Posted Image

#10 Lina

Lina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 01:54 PM

I missed it! But I'm thrilled Michael got a mention. Way to go Michael!!!

#11 nightdove

nightdove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by angie_kermit:
"Michael is TRULY an American Idol!"
First of all..not to be mean...but Michael is not American, he's Canadian! So he would be instead a Canadian Idol!!!

Angie from Fabulous Montreal

Oooooo..... maybe he can be a guest judge on the next Canadian Idol! lol

#12 cherryames

cherryames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:21 PM

quote:
Michael is a much, much, much better World Idol then that Polish guy...I think he sucks...But that's just my opinion...

Actually, I liked Kurt Neilson from NORWAY who was the World Idol. He was very cool and is deserving of the World Idol title IMO. But that's neither here nor there. I do agree that Michael is better, of couse! I think the judge thing would be cool too! lolPosted Image

I too was VERY excited when Michael's name was mentioned on American Idol. That guy that did the Dean Martin impression was amazing as well!

Karen Posted Image

*****LUKE 6:31*****

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." --Jim Elliott

#13 WhiT

WhiT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts
  • Interests:music, singing, family, friends, movies, TV, going out, dancing, computers, webdesign, food, travelling, teaching, drawing

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cherryames:
quote:
Michael is a much, much, much better World Idol then that Polish guy...I think he sucks...But that's just my opinion...

Actually, I liked Kurt Neilson from _NORWAY_ who was the World Idol. He was very cool and is deserving of the World Idol title IMO. But that's neither here nor there. I do agree that Michael is better, of couse! I think the judge thing would be cool too! lolPosted Image
Karen Posted Image

Ah, Norwegian, Polish all the same Posted Image No, my mistake, but I think he don't looks like a pop Idol. And at Idols they all judge the people on there looks... I wanted Kelly Clarkson, Will Young or Guy Sebastian to win. Ah well... http://michaelbuble....con_biggrin.gif

MB will always be my World Idol http://michaelbuble....s/icon_wink.gif

xxx Whitney
XO,
Whitney

Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Georgia B.

Georgia B.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:35 PM

I saw that! When I heard the guy sing I thought he sounded kind of like Michael too, and then Randy said it. Very cool. Posted Image

"To be great is to be misunderstood."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

#15 MegTheKnife

MegTheKnife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:46 PM

I loved Kurt Neilson! I'm glad that he won, he was my pick! And did you see the look on Kelly's face when he kept getting the highest score? And when he finally won? It was priceless! She was a bit upset. Oh well!

~Megan

#16 EmilyJade

EmilyJade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:53 PM

awww poor kelly. shes making millions of dollars and looks freaking cute, i think she has everything to be happy about!!

he gives me feverrrr

#17 kkRed

kkRed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:10 PM

My apologies for calling Michael "TRULY an American idol." I recognize he is TRULY a Canadian Idol, but as others have stated I think he will be a World Idol! (I just meant he would have won the competition, American Idol, if he had ever tried.) The bottom line, Michael is great and loved EVERYWHERE!

#18 Jeanine

Jeanine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Megan:
I loved Kurt Neilson! I'm glad that he won, he was my pick! And did you see the look on Kelly's face when he kept getting the highest score? And when he finally won? It was priceless! She was a bit upset. Oh well!

My initial impression was that Kelly wasn't being a great sport, too ... until I read something about Ryan Malcolm's mother (or stepmother, I don't remember which) saying that Kelly was very ill with the flu that night and was ready to hurl at any moment!! Either way, not a great night for her!!