Photo

TONY BENNETT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 swooninggrany

swooninggrany

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,559 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

CONGRATULATIONS TONY ON SAN FRANSISCO HAVING A SPECIAL "TONY BENNETTE DAY" TO CELEBRATE YOUR 50TH YEAR OF " I LEFT MY HEART IN SAN FRANSISCO" TONY YOU ARE A RARE GEM IN THE MUSIC FIELD. YOU STILL HAVE THAT WONDERFUL VOICE , AND "IT" THAT SOMETHING EXTRA SPECIAL THAT SETS YOU APART FROM OTHER SINGERS. CAN STILL HOLD A NOTE, HOW ON EARTH DO YOU DO IT???LOVE HOW YOU ARE STILL DOING THAT "SPIN" I'D BE SOOO DIZZY. YOU ARE THE SINGERS SINGER. THANK GOD YOU ALWWAYS STUCK WITH THE BEAUTIFUL "AMERICAN SONG BOOK" YOU STAYED TRUE TO YOURSELF. I WAS SO FORTUNATE TO BE ABLE TO SEE YOU IN PERSON , WHAT A THRILL. KEEP MAKING THE BEAUTIFUL MUSIC THAT COMES FROM YOUR HEART.

HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.
Posted Image #18 Bubalicious Cafe

"My Hero of Song"

#2 Pati Colorado

Pati Colorado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • Interests:OCCUPATION: MICHAEL BUBLE FAN!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

was so great to see him on the grammy's just recently too!!..such a cool guy!*.....all the best !*
Posted Image......please visit your nearest animal shelter..spread awareness- adopt !!..don't buy.........
Michael - you know how I much I adore you- but please do not support CHINA by playing there anymore....the animal cruelty is the worst ever seen- even Mr Paul Cartney has stated - he will not perform or support them!!...please read:http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/nov/29/animalwelfare.china

#3 db

db

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

Yes, Loretta, it was so nice to see Tony B. at the awards and he did so great in performing.
He just has that wonderful stick-to-the standards ethic, and he's done so well over the years
crossing all ages and genres. That's why I loved it when Michael was on Oprah with Tony, Josh,
and Carrie Underwood before, and Michael stated an expression to Oprah that for Tony "Cool is,
as Cool does"~ I so agree. He has held a special place in his heart for this music and Michael
just has the same feeling from early on with his Grandpa Mitch.
For me, it's just a inter-great feeling to see Michael as young as he is doing this music that he
so loves. Yet, he can also sing the pop songs the way he likes~afterall it's his era's music and
he enjoys that as well. His love though, is the standards, thank goodness cause we only have a few
that can sing those songs the way they deserve to be sung. Along with Tony,& Michael, there's still
Jack Jones and I really have always liked his voice and renditions of songs. Harry Connick Jr. can
definitely do them. Can you think of others like them?

Grammy's this year were the best it's been in a long time. I really enjoyed it.

:)

Bungalow B ~ ATM #39
#20 @ Bubalicious Cafe
Michael's Ladies
diane.gif
"I LOVE BEIN' HERE WITH YOU"

"When You Smile At Me You Know Exactly What You Do
!"
MB_EVERYTHINGr3.jpg

michaelb35.jpg

#4 swooninggrany

swooninggrany

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,559 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

Yes, Loretta, it was so nice to see Tony B. at the awards and he did so great in performing.
He just has that wonderful stick-to-the standards ethic, and he's done so well over the years
crossing all ages and genres. That's why I loved it when Michael was on Oprah with Tony, Josh,
and Carrie Underwood before, and Michael stated an expression to Oprah that for Tony "Cool is,
as Cool does"~ I so agree. He has held a special place in his heart for this music and Michael
just has the same feeling from early on with his Grandpa Mitch.
For me, it's just a inter-great feeling to see Michael as young as he is doing this music that he
so loves. Yet, he can also sing the pop songs the way he likes~afterall it's his era's music and
he enjoys that as well. His love though, is the standards, thank goodness cause we only have a few
that can sing those songs the way they deserve to be sung. Along with Tony,& Michael, there's still
Jack Jones and I really have always liked his voice and renditions of songs. Harry Connick Jr. can
definitely do them. Can you think of others like them?

Grammy's this year were the best it's been in a long time. I really enjoyed it.

:)

HI DIANE , ONE OF MY FAVORITES, JOHNNY MATHIS, HE ALWAYS STAYED TRUE TO HIMSELF SINGING BEAUTIFUL SONGS. HE CAME ALONG WHEN ELVIS TOOK THE WORLD BY STORM, WE SEEN JOHNNY 7 TIMES.LOVE HIS "WHEN SUNNY GETS BLUE" I THINK MICHAEL WOULD DO A WONDERFUL READING OF IT.. OOH THERE ARE JUST SO MANY OF HIS SONG I ADORE.HE IS ANOTHER SINGER THAT HAS GREAT PHRASING.HE STILL DOES CONCERTS., HE'S ABOUT 77 YEARS OLD . IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO HEAR HIM SING "99 MILES FROM LA," WITH JUST A GUITAR, THE PHRASING IS OUTSTANDING, YOU C AN HEAR THE LONGING AND PLEADING, PLEASE BE THERE.AAAAH , THE GIFT OF MUSIC. ANOTHER SINGER THAT DOES LOVE SONGS, PAUL ANKA AND BARRY MANALOW.WISH MICHAEL WOULD SING SOME OF BARRYS MUSIC.. IF I CAN THINK OF ANY OTHERS I'LL LET YOU KNOW.
HAVE A SMILING DAY
HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU. DAY

Posted Image #18 Bubalicious Cafe

"My Hero of Song"

#5 vegi

vegi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

Glad to see people enjoyed the GRAMMYs. It was indeed a great show this year. Some of you may know that Tony won two GRAMMYs this year. His awards were part of the large group awarded at the pretelecast. Tony was there to accept his awards in person. He won for best traditional pop vocal and brought onstage his son/manager Danny who has been so instrumental in rebuilding his career. Tony also won for pop vocal performance, duo or group for his duet with Amy Winehouse. It was one of the most moving moments of this year's GRAMMYs. Not only was Tony there to accept, but Amy's parents were there all the way from England to accept on her behalf. Amy's mom was in a wheelchair, but managed to walk up the stairs to accept. Tony was very classy and let Amy's mom and dad do most of the talking. Don't think there was a dry eye in the house.

#6 db

db

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Glad to see people enjoyed the GRAMMYs. It was indeed a great show this year. Some of you may know that Tony won two GRAMMYs this year. His awards were part of the large group awarded at the pretelecast. Tony was there to accept his awards in person. He won for best traditional pop vocal and brought onstage his son/manager Danny who has been so instrumental in rebuilding his career. Tony also won for pop vocal performance, duo or group for his duet with Amy Winehouse. It was one of the most moving moments of this year's GRAMMYs. Not only was Tony there to accept, but Amy's parents were there all the way from England to accept on her behalf. Amy's mom was in a wheelchair, but managed to walk up the stairs to accept. Tony was very classy and let Amy's mom and dad do most of the talking. Don't think there was a dry eye in the house.

OMG Vegi, this was very moving to me. I wish I could have seen this. Your right, Tony is such a classy guy. How wonderful that Amy's mom and dad came all that way to accept~ What a memorable moment for them. Glad you posted this~

Bungalow B ~ ATM #39
#20 @ Bubalicious Cafe
Michael's Ladies
diane.gif

!"
MB_EVERYTHINGr3.jpg

michaelb35.jpg

#7 db

db

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

Well, Loretta, of course your right Johnny Mathis~~ Always loved his work. His enunciation when
singing and the feeling in put into his songs. I have some old vinls on him. He had many
albums. I'd so love to see him live. Yes he's 77 but still singing very well, as is Jack
Jones. I remember Paul Anka when I was younger and thought he was an adorable idol.
I did see the Johnny Mathis Special that was on a pretty long time ago- it was Great Performances
I believe on PBS. It was great~ I should have recorded it somehow, or asked someone to. I don't have
a dvr at all. He was so good on that.
You know, he's from San Francisco, just about 45 mins. from me. I wonder if he ever comes
home to do a show, if he does I don't hear about it, but I should now look under Ticktmstr or under
his name to see if he comes this way ever, ~~
Thanks for the memories~~♫♫♫♫ :)

Bungalow B ~ ATM #39
#20 @ Bubalicious Cafe
Michael's Ladies
diane.gif

!"
MB_EVERYTHINGr3.jpg

michaelb35.jpg

#8 vegi

vegi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:44 AM

OMG Vegi, this was very moving to me. I wish I could have seen this. Your right, Tony is such a classy guy. How wonderful that Amy's mom and dad came all that way to accept~ What a memorable moment for them. Glad you posted this~

When Amy's parents climbed the stage, I was already emotional, but when the dad said that they shouldn't be there to accept the award, that Amy should be there... well, as a parent, you just had to cry in sympathy. Here is a little article and a lovely photo of Amy's parents and Tony.

And the GRAMMY went to... Tony Bennett and Amy Winehouse

#9 irene hope

irene hope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

I have to chime in on this guy............I am so impressed with Tony bennett having listened to this new Duet II........My gosh he was fantastic........And I loved so
many of the duets...........He is really something..........Nora Jones.....Natale Cole........theirs was just out of this world...............It goes to show they could do terrific too if they
sang more of the Standards.........But they are stylists of their own.........I looooooooooved Amy Winehouse.........which just astounded me...........She was so good with Tony.........
But somehow they sounded completely different with Tonys songs.........Maybe it is the lyrics that are so disgusting with their own genre?.........But they have gorgeous
voices.........It is surely the lyrics that make their music have a hard edge...........K.D.Lang was also soooooooo good............And Josh Groban...........How did I miss this when it came out?
Of course............you who know me...........know I go into orbit when I hear music I love.............So I was probably in a trance being disillusional about sunshine boy...........and
John Mayer was also terrific..............
I so love big band music.....especially like Michaels band.......................I just had to salute Tony.............................Love Gram Irene....
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I Love Michael

#10 bublesue

bublesue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts
  • Interests:MB, football,dancing,music

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

AWW TONY BENNETT IS SUCH A NICE GUY SO HUMBLE BUT SO TALENTED

SAW HIM IN LONDON IN OCTOBER LAST YEAR AND WHAT REALLY SHONE THROUGH FOR ME

WAS HOW HE JUST LOVES WHAT HE DOES HE WAS REALLY HAVING A GREAT TIME UP THERE ON STAGE

AND SMILED THE WHOLE TIME

HE IS TOURING IN THE UK AGAIN IN THE SUMMER AND I JUST GOT TICKETS TO SEE HIM AT

THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL LONDON ON JUNE 30TH.

I THINK THAT MICHAEL WILL BE JUST LIKE TONY WHEN HE IS 85 STILL ENTERTAINING AND STILL LOVING IT !

ALAS I WILL BE LONG GONE BY THEN I EXPECT !

SUE
xx
Posted Image

IT'S TIME TO CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE,I'M GOING ON THE CRAZY LOVE TOUR !

#88-BUBLE'S NERDS- THE OBSESSED WITH BUBLE NERD
BUNGALOW B MEMBER

#11 Mobile-marketing-online

Mobile-marketing-online

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Yeah, lovely guy and a super voice. So easy to listen too.
Deliverying Tickets and Gift Vouchers using SMS Marketing and mobile delivery.

#12 michela

michela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:music is my first love

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Yeah, lovely guy and a super voice. So easy to listen too.

#13 michela

michela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:music is my first love

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

also going to see Tony yet again at the RAH..Tony was only here last year A THE palladium and it was on TV
Great to see Cleo Laine with him