Photo

SNL performance "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scoutinator

Scoutinator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:02 AM

Michael starts the song with the appropriate solemnity, but a few bars into the song he looks offstage to the left and seems to hold back a laugh. For the rest of the song, whenever he looks to his left he appears as if he's on the verge of cracking up with laughter. At one point, he looks to his left then gazes at the ceiling fighting back a chortle. Does anyone know what was going on? Was Jimmy Fallon stripping behind the Christmas tree? Did Jon Hamm show up with a ham? Seriously--watch the video: he's on the verge of losing it throughout the tune.

#2 Dennis Berry

Dennis Berry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

Here is some clips from show including the Duets CD promo...

http://www.billboard...005699552.story

#3 db

db

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:20 AM

Thanks Dennis~~
I was remiss in stating that he wasn't in any skits, but he was difinitely~~
and I did see the Christmas Duets skit-, and seeing it again just made me laugh more.
Michael's expressions are always perfect for what's happening~ It was such fun to
watch them all during this one.
Thanks again for posting it for all of us~

Bungalow B ~ ATM #39
#20 @ Bubalicious Cafe
Michael's Ladies
diane.gif
"I LOVE BEIN' HERE WITH YOU"

"When You Smile At Me You Know Exactly What You Do
!"
MB_EVERYTHINGr3.jpg

michaelb35.jpg

#4 db

db

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

Michael starts the song with the appropriate solemnity, but a few bars into the song he looks offstage to the left and seems to hold back a laugh. For the rest of the song, whenever he looks to his left he appears as if he's on the verge of cracking up with laughter. At one point, he looks to his left then gazes at the ceiling fighting back a chortle. Does anyone know what was going on? Was Jimmy Fallon stripping behind the Christmas tree? Did Jon Hamm show up with a ham? Seriously--watch the video: he's on the verge of losing it throughout the tune.

Scoutinator,
Yeah, I don't know what that was all about, but maybe he was watching some
of them cuttin' up behind the cameras, or he was thinking of something funny. He has said
before that sometimes his mind wonders while doing a song. Don't know if you saw the video
of him on stage during a performance he forgot the words to a song, I think it was Always On My
Mind. He stopped and told the audience, have you ever thought about something, while doing something
else, and he said he was thinking about seafood and crab!,, that he wanted seafood and crab, anyway,
it was hilarious. I believe it's still on youtube. I know some of you out there remember this.
Priceless

Edited by 0, 20 December 2011 - 03:29 AM.

Bungalow B ~ ATM #39
#20 @ Bubalicious Cafe
Michael's Ladies
diane.gif
"I LOVE BEIN' HERE WITH YOU"

"When You Smile At Me You Know Exactly What You Do
!"
MB_EVERYTHINGr3.jpg

michaelb35.jpg