Photo

Such a massive disappointment, very sad :(

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 keez

keez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

Have seen Michael on the TV a few times, heard him on the radio a few times. Thought he sounded great. Have never bought any of stuff before, so I've just purchased his new Christmas album. OH MY GOD! WHY SO MUCH AUTOTUNE?

For somebody of his talent to use any at all, is a real shame, but to use so much!?

I'd hate to think that it was his decision, hopefully his producer.

I just couldn't listen to it, it was way too distracting. I couldn't return the CD for a refund so I put it on eBay and sold it. I lost a couple of £££, but I just couldn't bear it. A real shame for somebody who is clearly very talented.

Why, why, why? Very sad!

#2 WhiT

WhiT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts
  • Interests:music, singing, family, friends, movies, TV, going out, dancing, computers, webdesign, food, travelling, teaching, drawing

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

Hi Keez,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.

I think the Christmas album was recorded live, just as the previous album Crazy Love. You could watch the Behind The Scenes videos on YouTube. In my opinion it doesn't sound any different comparing both albums. Have you ever seen Michael Bublé live? Like you say, he is very talented, he wouldn't need autotune. So it would be kind of weird if the latest album was autotuned right? I think it sounds just fine really, rich clear sound, both vocals and instruments.

Either way, everyone is entitled to their own opinion ofcourse, sorry you got disappointed! Happy early Holidays! Without autotune ;)

XO,
Whitney

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 keez

keez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

Firstly, let me thank Whitney for not deleting this thread, it shows that you are fair and open minded. A credit to this forum.

It seems that after a bit of Googling that a lot of people are baffled as to MB's use of autotune. It seems very apparent to a lot of people.

It's a shame because the tracks where none is used, sounded great. Then there are the tracks where it is very heavy, the first being "All I want for Christmas"

I think that if you can't hear it, then you are very lucky. I wish I couldn't, I really do.

I really do like to believe that it is not Michael's decision, but surely he is succesful enough now to have more say in the production of his material. If I was given the oportunity to pass a message to Michael, I would say "Come on Michael, you are clearly more than talented enough to not lower yourself to this. It may save you a lot time in the studio, but let your fans hear the real you. Sinatra was sometimes off-key a little, but that didn't spoil the magic, just added to it".

#4 Patd

Patd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

I have to disagree with what was said below. I can't think of a time when I bought a Christmas album that I listen to everyday. I love it and so do a lot of others as it seems to be climbing on the charts. I must admit that I was a bit disappointed with the Rockefeller Tree lighting ceremony last night. I can't believe they put MB on a side stage and allowed Bieber to be front and center. Very disappointed, but MB's performace was outstanding as always! And for the record, his version of All I Want For Christmas is way more appropriate than the one done by Mariah and JB. That video just seemed a bit inappropriate for prime time last night with kids watching. I know she's got a rocking body, but she's a mom and there's not much of a need to be flaunting it in order to showcase her talent. Cavorting with a teenager just seems a bit over the top as well given what has been going on recently with this topic. Just my two cents worth and keep up the good work MB!!

#5 bublesue

bublesue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts
  • Interests:MB, football,dancing,music

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

WORDS FAIL ME ! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T LOVE THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM.

MICHAEL RECORDED MOST OF IT LIVE OFF THE FLOOR LIKE IN THE OLD DAYS !

I THINK IT IS HIS BEST ALBUM YET SO WE WILL AGREE TO DIFFER.
Posted Image

IT'S TIME TO CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE,I'M GOING ON THE CRAZY LOVE TOUR !

#88-BUBLE'S NERDS- THE OBSESSED WITH BUBLE NERD
BUNGALOW B MEMBER

#6 keez

keez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

I think we may of got off on the wrong foot here, I did like the album, it's just heavy auto tunning that I can't bear. I find it very distracting. I would expect it from the likes of Justin Beiber (sp?) but from MB, I'm very dissapointed.

I did not set out to offend anyone, I just find it very frustrating that someone clearly as talented as MB would allow such a thing to happen, he just doesn't need it.

#7 betsy

betsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:enjoy music; always Michael; all cultural arts , antiqueing, avid reader entertaining friends at dinner parties

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

I agree the "Christmas Cd is wondeful, just wonderful.
I also agree the JB & Mariah Carey video was uncalled for, he's just a teenager & could he just be trying to copy MB ,ie his new hairdo. This is a kid who needs to improve his voice or lack of & has no stage presence at all
Posted Image

HPP@ST BUBLE'S
#37 BUBALICIOUS CAFE
ASSIT. MANAGER #5 BUBALICIOUS CAFE

#8 vegi

vegi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

one of the most important things to learn about the internet is "don't feed the troll." when someone's very first post is putting Michael down, they usually don't stick around. Considering this album has been widely praised by critics, has topped the jazz and holiday charts, topped the UK chart and is currently the #1 selling album in the United States, obviously the negative opinion is not the prevailing one. Michael is at the top of his game right now, and with the special coming up, there's still plenty to look forward to. B)