Photo

El Paso Concert

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 LittleDreamer

LittleDreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

I really wish Michael could see this...

Last night, my uncle (who introduced me to Buble) took me to see Michael for the first time ever in concert. He had surprised me with tickets for my 18th birthday which is coming up in September. I was extremely thrilled, especially when he told me he had Meet 'n' Greets for us! For the entire show, I sang and danced and screamed more than I ever have in my entire life, I could not believe I was in the same room as him!For the past four years of my life, I have been listening to his music, wishing that one day I'd get the chance to meet him and sing with him. I had thought last night might've been the night...

But the woman who had sold my uncle the Meet 'n' Greets never showed. My uncle lost two hundred dollars and I didn't get to meet Michael.

Maybe it's a little shallow, but I had really been looking forward to meeting him and hearing him wish me a happy 18th birthday. He was amazing to see, but I honestly wish that woman had not ripped us off. I was about to have the best birthday ever, and she almost completely ruined it.

I don't know what to do except wish that things had turned out the way I had expected..I'm not the greatest singer in the world, but I was hoping I would be recognized by someone as influential as Michael.

#2 Josephine

Josephine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

Welcome to the board! That's terrible that people can take advantage
of someone like that! It makes me angry that something so very nice
can be taken advantage of by someone dishonest. It makes me sad to
hear that happened to you and your uncle!!! I'm not sure, but I
don't think that meet and greet tickets are sold, but are usually
obtained through contests and other ways. (I could be wrong.)
Maybe someone who knows for sure can tell us.

Anyway, I'm glad that you were able to be at the show. I'm glad
to hear that you had a good time there. It's a fabulous
experience, isn't it? I hope you can be at one again. You
may want to watch for meet and greet contests on the radio
or businesses, etc. Good luck to you.

Take care,
Jo

#3 LittleDreamer

LittleDreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

Welcome to the board! That's terrible that people can take advantage
of someone like that! It makes me angry that something so very nice
can be taken advantage of by someone dishonest. It makes me sad to
hear that happened to you and your uncle!!! I'm not sure, but I
don't think that meet and greet tickets are sold, but are usually
obtained through contests and other ways. (I could be wrong.)
Maybe someone who knows for sure can tell us.

Anyway, I'm glad that you were able to be at the show. I'm glad
to hear that you had a good time there. It's a fabulous
experience, isn't it? I hope you can be at one again. You
may want to watch for meet and greet contests on the radio
or businesses, etc. Good luck to you.

Take care,
Jo

Thank you, and yes, it was a really great experience and I hope the next time he comes I can get floor seats and be even closer to him. And that's a really great idea, I'll listen to the radio and keep my ears open for contests. Thanks so much!

#4 LittleDreamer

LittleDreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

Hi Littledreamer

I really feel sorry that you went through what you did. Many Michael Buble fans always dreamed of meeting him but never get the opportunity to do so. From what you have written, it sounds like your uncle bought tickets from a ticket scalper. I really hope this incident hasn't disillioned you from listening nor attending concerts in the future. Michael never had the reputation of taking advantage of his fans this way and probably had no clue that is woman was doing this. The only positive thing about this incident is you had the opportunity to attend the concert and enjoy yourself. Just to inform you, due to security reasons, Michael is becoming harder for fans to have access to meeting him.

Barbara

I do agree that the woman who sold him the tickets was a scalper. She had told him the seats were in row 2, and he ended up in 10, and I ended up five sections away from him... But despite this, no, I'm not gonna stop going to Michael's concerts, I really hope that next time he visits I can get real tickets - maybe in the front row! As far as the security part, I do understand that Michael's fan base is growing fast, and access is a little rare now, I just hope they won't remove it completely. thank you so much for understanding!

#5 lindagold

lindagold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

I really wish Michael could see this...

Last night, my uncle (who introduced me to Buble) took me to see Michael for the first time ever in concert. He had surprised me with tickets for my 18th birthday which is coming up in September. I was extremely thrilled, especially when he told me he had Meet 'n' Greets for us! For the entire show, I sang and danced and screamed more than I ever have in my entire life, I could not believe I was in the same room as him!For the past four years of my life, I have been listening to his music, wishing that one day I'd get the chance to meet him and sing with him. I had thought last night might've been the night...

But the woman who had sold my uncle the Meet 'n' Greets never showed. My uncle lost two hundred dollars and I didn't get to meet Michael.

Maybe it's a little shallow, but I had really been looking forward to meeting him and hearing him wish me a happy 18th birthday. He was amazing to see, but I honestly wish that woman had not ripped us off. I was about to have the best birthday ever, and she almost completely ruined it.

I don't know what to do except wish that things had turned out the way I had expected..I'm not the greatest singer in the world, but I was hoping I would be recognized by someone as influential as Michael.

I am so sorry to hear that U were ripped off by that woman who told your uncle that it would be a meet & greet,she discusts me, You can only obtain those via competitions etc on Michaels official sites . At least U got to go to see Michael perform in concert,I'm sure you had a wonderful time.

There is nothing that can compare to the atmosphere of an MB concert, I have been to many & am totally addicted the warm feeling & excitment I get when seeing Michael on stage it is indiscribable, the showmanship of this delectable guy is tremendious, not forgetting his wonderful band. Can't wait until he honours us here again in the UK am saving my pennies LOL!!!