Photo

Really... Michael?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#1 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • Interests:Family, Friends, Music, Gardening, Cooking, Martinis and good Wine

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:16 AM

I was chatting the other night on Martiniinthemorning.com with many of the great music lovers and for those of you who haven't stopped by... there are some great people and lots of musical knowledge there.

I specifically wanted to check with Nikki in Houston, as she'd just experienced her first Bublé concert and handed out over 200 Martiniinthemorning.com listener cards. I had actually logged in over the weekend, which I never do because I'm way busy doing normal "stuff" that need to be caught up on around ones house. But, I was so excited about her seeing her first Bublé concert, I wanted to check in with her......

So, I left a message on "chat" and later during the day, she came on with such enthusiasm about how "great" the concert was.

Monday morning, I logged onto chat on Martini.... and she and a friend who had seen the concert in Jacksonville were on. I was so excited to ask them about the concert, firsthand. This is what I received back from both of them..... I want to first say... these people are not prudes... One is a young gal, who is very into music and the other is an older gentleman, who has great respect and knowledge of music.

What struck both of them.... was Michael's use of profanity.... I moved back in my chair and thought to myself.... "yeah... that had bothered me at Staples"...... First.... there are kids in the audience....... Sidebar.... "Michael.. if you don't want kids there.... make it an adult show".... second... I don't "get it".... what is the need to use words that so many might find disturbing and a disruption to what is supposed to be a great evening?"

I suppose I go back to a question I've asked a few times...... How much is enough?..... How many fans are enough?.... How big a venue is enough?..... How much of the world do you need? OK.. I've expanded my thoughts... but ultimately... 'WHY?' What is the need for bad language and to bring the "water" down a few levels? You can see these kind of antics at almost any concert today.... But, "THIS" concert has always had class.

See... we get the audience, we deserve.... They probably will yell much louder than most, but your beautiful, gifted voice won't be heard.

I suppose if you want to be a "Rock Star" this is where "it's at"...... But, YOU can't be heard. I found myself at Staples.... straining to hear you "SING"...

I would think you'd want to be "heard" and your music be taken seriously.... maybe not what you're looking for now... maybe, it's not about that anymore... hmmmm something to think about.

D

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 GillwithaG

GillwithaG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

Hi,

I think its a shame that this is being made the focus of Michael's performances, not just by this post but by a few others recently.

I completely understand that some people do not like the use of "bad" language, but unless this particular show was any different to ones I've seen, the "profanity" really wasn't that bad, in my opinion. Yes, ok, there were gestures, and a couple of jokes which were a little "risque", but its not like he swears his way thru the show.

What I find more disturbing is that there are little kids in the audience in the first place. Im not talking 12 or 14 year olds, I mean five year olds!! I get that kids like Michael's music, my four year old loves it, but there is NO WAY I would take him to an arena show. Its too dark, too loud there are too many people, the risk of them being separated, I just dont feel any arena show, is the place for very young kids. I honestly think people take young kids, for one reason only, to gain Michael's attention. Again, my personal opinion only. So, in this respect, I feel any arena show should be adults, or at young adults only.

I also feel it is unfair, that it is insinuated that these "arena shows", are somehow less "worthy", that they attract people who dont take his music "Seriously". Sure, some people are louder, more vocal, but the vast majority are there to see Michael, because they appreciate his talent, his voice, his performance, otherwise they wouldnt pay!! Larger audiences are capable of being silent and REALLY listening to his voice,I've experienced it. And, I mean complete silence.

Michael's success may not make everyone happy, his shows have changed, his audience has changed, he is singing songs which, some feel are too far away from what made him successful to begin with.

Has HE really changed, or is it just that now he has more "freedom" to be himself than he did before??????

Something else to think about!!

Gill
xx
Posted Image

#3 betsy

betsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:enjoy music; always Michael; all cultural arts , antiqueing, avid reader entertaining friends at dinner parties

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

Gill,
I agree ; 3& 4 yr olds shouldn't be at a show of Michael's . What are they doing up at that hour?
As for the profanity..sometimes I hear it & other times I don't. There are times when Michael slips it in & is laughing at the same time...it really isn't that awful & I can remember him saying in an early interview , that he's not a saint or a goody boy. I say take Michael as he is.

The insinuations that these arena shows are less "worthy" & filled with people who really aren't into Michael's music....Please explain why anyone would spend that money to see a person they don't care about! True there are those who have very loud & powerful vocal chords, those who make fools of themselves & those who drink & don't always show the respect for the artist & accomplished entertainer Michael has become. Think how much more obvious they would be in a smaller venue.

Can anyone suggest a better way for Michael to reach as many fans as he does? This tour is grueling & he is trying to please as many fans as possible.

I too, am tired of always reading a review with a but.... go to the show , enjoy seeing Michael live. If this doesn't make you happy , then please don't occupy a seat that a true fan would love to have ....sit home listen to the CDs & log on to YouTube to see Michael.
Posted Image

HPP@ST BUBLE'S
#37 BUBALICIOUS CAFE
ASSIT. MANAGER #5 BUBALICIOUS CAFE

#4 Bran Muffin

Bran Muffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Interests:MB, of course! :)

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hey, D! Long time no talk, I hope you're well!

I really enjoyed reading your words, all of what you said is very true. Michael's a young guy, he likes to have fun, and make us laugh. You know how he is, when he thinks about something, oftentimes he just says it, LOL! I don't think he always stops and thinks about what he's about to say, it's gotten him into misunderstandings before. He just likes to joke, and be silly. That is one thing that has always caught me off guard a little, is the language he uses at his shows. I laugh, but am also secretly hoping the parents in the audience are covering their kid's ears (assuming they brought them along).

Really, D, I think it's just that those of us from the United States are a little sensitive. We might think we can handle language and whatnot, but if you think about it, America censors a lot of things, I think we're just kind-of sheltered in that area.

Maybe it's a generational thing. I think about his language a little bit, but it really doesn't bother me that much. I think about the kids though, haha! Plus, I remember that the guy using this language is a very gorgeous guy, and suddenly, my brain doesn't really care anymore, LOL!

No, but seriously, I do think Michael should tone it down a little bit, but really, Michael is just being Michael. To tell him to watch this or watch that would make him not him, maybe, I don't know. What if he starts worrying too much that he doesn't act like himself? We all want him to be himself, that's why we love him so much is because he's himself.

My thoughts are kind-of jumbled, sorry, haha! I don't really know what to say about this, I'm on the fence.

michaelanditwo.png
BEST night of my life! 11.30.10

Call Me Irresponsible Tour
♥ 3.19.08 - Charlottesville, VA
♥ 9.5.08 - New York, NY

Crazy Love Tour
♥ 7.6.10 - Richmond, VA
♥ 11.30.10 - Washington, DC
♥ 6.11.11 - Atlantic City, NJ

To Be Loved Tour
♥ 9.22.13 - Washington, DC | Officially met Michael for the first time! :wub:
Best day ever!

Bublé Love (my MB fansite)

Bublé's Nerds co-founder
Bublé Nerd #1, "The Muffin Nerd"
Official Bublé's Nerds Forum Thread
Official Bublé's Nerds Website

Bungalow-B member
Member #111 of the Baby Bublés
Member #46 of Bublé's Booster Babes
ATM member #43 - I'm Addicted To Michael!
Member #30 of the Bubalicious Café

#5 advanced member

advanced member

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

Just look at the women in the audience at the "An Audience With Michael Buble" TV special in England. They had actually had to refilm two of the questions asked
because his answers were so off color. But look at the response....they love being in on his bawdy humor and they're crazy about him. Michael is so popular at this
point that he must be teasing people on this level for a reason. It works. Personally, I think Michael is much more sexy when he is articulate, calm and mature.(Like
the Dateline interview when he talks about Luisana)
As far as people bringing little children to these concerts, I agree with the person who felt these loud, crowded places aren't even very safe. I also think that if people think
they're going to see the poster boy for family values then they obviously don't know much about Michael. He's a fabulous singer and performer and he loves his family, but
he's been saying off color things for a very long time. He's entertaining adults like he would in a night club. Would people take their kids to night club?

#6 Bran Muffin

Bran Muffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

Just look at the women in the audience at the "An Audience With Michael Buble" TV special in England. They had actually had to refilm two of the questions asked
because his answers were so off color. But look at the response....they love being in on his bawdy humor and they're crazy about him. Michael is so popular at this
point that he must be teasing people on this level for a reason. It works. Personally, I think Michael is much more sexy when he is articulate, calm and mature.(Like
the Dateline interview when he talks about Luisana)
As far as people bringing little children to these concerts, I agree with the person who felt these loud, crowded places aren't even very safe. I also think that if people think
they're going to see the poster boy for family values then they obviously don't know much about Michael. He's a fabulous singer and performer and he loves his family, but
he's been saying off color things for a very long time. He's entertaining adults like he would in a night club. Would people take their kids to night club?

I completely agree, well said, haha! And yes, I think Michael's more attractive without the language too, but he's just being himself. I wouldn't want him to change who he is. :D

michaelanditwo.png

♥ 9.5.08 - New York, NY

Crazy Love Tour
♥ 7.6.10 - Richmond, VA

To Be Loved Tour
Best day ever!

Bublé's Nerds co-founder

Bungalow-B member

#7 JenBoobLay<3

JenBoobLay<3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:26 AM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect them... so here is mine.

MB has said himself that he is not "that guy" and he even thinks that it's "sh*t". You know what? I agree. This goes back to my whole gripe about constantly being compared to the old school Standards type singer. He wears suits and sings romantic songs, quite beautifully. It doesn't mean his show has to be a stuffy rated "G". I think by expecting any different you're lumping him into a stereotype. You're putting him in a box and not allowing him to step outside of it. He's being labeled and that's exactly what he hated when his career started. With his career at an all time high, he's calling the shots this time around and allowing himself to be...himself. Personally, I love it. It keeps things exciting for me as I too am a feisty young woman who doesn't quite fit "the norm". He's no longer a lounge act. He's a superstar who consistently sells out shows, using profanities or not.

If you know anything about MB you know he is a feisty young man who happened to re-popularize standards by re-interpreting them to fit his style. HIS STYLE. I saw him a few weeks back. Yeah, he might've dropped a few F*bombs and yeah, he even flipped the bird but I went into this concert knowing the type of person he was. If you're willing to shell out hundreds of dollars to see him live, buy his CD's/DVD's/Merchandise you should know a little about the act beforehand. No?

Have you seen the MSG DVD? Do you remember the little segway into "Me and Mrs. Jones"? How about the "Caught in the Act" DVD where he thanks the guy for grabbing his ass (This was a PBS special!!!) I can list numerous examples.

Oh and I'm an American who is in no way, shape or form sensitive to colorful language. ;)

Andrew Dice Clay he is not...a young man enjoying his life as a damned good entertainer who puts on a stellar performance every...single...night - he is.

The day he conforms to being that stuffy "image" is the day I leave...

ok not really because I love him OMG. ahaha
Posted Image

#8 GillwithaG

GillwithaG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:53 AM

JEEENNNN!!!

You said exactly what I meant, but in the way only you can!!!!!

I think many poeple "fell" for the image put out there by his "management", and think he's changed, when really he was like this all along. Thats the power of the media for ya!!!

Personally, I think this HONESTY is one of the main attributes that set him apart from everyone else in this industry.

Gill
xx
Posted Image

#9 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:03 AM

;) This is all I am going to say..... There is an old saying..... "Water rises to it's own level." I don't feel any entertainer as talented as Michael is, has to "use the F bomb, etc.." to get an audience... but the younger people today seem to thrive on that kind of humor.

I think he has a gift that few do... maybe none of them "today"... matter of fact... I will go further.. he has a gift that comes once in a 100 yrs., and a humor he learned from being in a loving, caring family and going thru his own experiences. Don't get the "need" to drop down to an Andrew Dice Clay....

I find it interesting the word "stuffy"... if any of you are familiar with the Vegas dates of the Rat Pack... they weren't "stuff"... they got very "original" on stage.... I and many fans of Michael's have no problem with the references about "Me and Mrs. Jones"... etc... that was truly funny..... Soooo, why resort to language that is just unnecessary? Does it bring a "younger" audience? Very possibly it does... And if that's what Michael wants, that's what he'll get.......

As far as "knowing" about Michael.... Well..... I know his passion is his music and his vocal ability. I suppose that "his handlers" have suggested he "branch out to the young".... No problem with that... but.... what do you young want?

Personally.... When I came here "years" ago... it was because I knew he was a very special vocalist. I could name numerous young song writers, who's song he should sing... but I digress... that's another post....

Let me just say this.... I came from a generation where "sex, drugs and rock n roll" were the norm and it was "get out of our way".... We are not talking about prudish people... but you gotta recognize, "kids" when you are being manipulated by the powers that be.... This is the music business..... and it's quite an interesting place to be....
Hugs,
D

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 betsy

betsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:enjoy music; always Michael; all cultural arts , antiqueing, avid reader entertaining friends at dinner parties

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

Michael is Michael! You either accept his talent as an entertainer, which is unbelievably wonderful & overlook the the F* word . His sense of humor is part of him & to compare him to Andrew Dice Clay is soooo totally wrong. Mr. Clay was just foul mouthed & didn't sing.

Michael doesn't want to be the next Sinatra or anyone else but himself. I've heard & seen wonderful singers ; whosr patter was so boring I had wished they'd sing & not talk.

Michael has often said he's an ENTERTAINER & that is what he is, sings, dances jokes & really has a good time entertaing his audiences.

As I said before ...don't like the banter in between tune it out , if it's offensive stay home, buy the CD & miss the opportunity to see one of the greatest entertainers that's around, You have the choice. :)
Posted Image

HPP@ST BUBLE'S
#37 BUBALICIOUS CAFE
ASSIT. MANAGER #5 BUBALICIOUS CAFE

#11 lisalovesbuble

lisalovesbuble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:music, movies,
    I help children with Autisim help themselves everyday

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Here it is ...
He's 35 years old, a grown man, not a kid.
He's had the experiences of most 35 year old men. He's worked odd jobs, pursued dreams, fallen in love ( a few times now), had sex, and has become successful at his chosen profession.
He speaks the way ANY 35 year old man does. He does not "owe" anyone anything except what they pay for their ticket... which is why he feels it necessary to "look good" for his audience. The suits? That's his work "uniform", and it's out of respect for the "hard earned money" people shell out not because he's trying to "look like" someone else from years ago. It is why he works so hard for almost 2 hours every night putting on a fantastic show. Also if you listen to some interviews with him that are readily available through You Tube or Podcasts -- this is his "typical" pattern of speech. He's flavorful and colorful and very much "uncensored". Lastly, this is not 1940 - only some of the songs are from then. A good song is a good song. Michael will sing it if he deems it worthy. He's NOT FRANK OR BING OR SAMMY! He's not perpetuating their memory!!! He's perpetuating the MUSIC! Respectfully, fans of the older generation need to realize this .. it is not his goal to "make FRANK - rise again" If this is what you want listen to Frank and keep that memory of that time in your heart. Michael is not responsible to be your memory keeper. The only thing Michael IS required to do is "protect the American Songbook" because he has stated on more than one occasion he WANTS TO and when one says they will do something at their job - and this is his job- then you should folllow through on that statement. He has thus far been true to his word and has not disappointed the fans, music executives, or musicians in general - there is no entertainer currently besides Michael who is more vehement about "integrity of the standards" There may come a day when he does not sing standards anymore - he may do all originals and you know what ? That would be FANTASTIC TOO!
Please lets leave him alone about the language. He is who he is ... a friendly, talented, good looking young man in love with his career, his family and Lu.
He's never "changed". He certainly does not "owe" it to anyone to change his pragamtics, syntax or speech patterns (Can you tell I teach Special Education? lol) That's really asking WAY TOO MUCH.

Once again - fans think they "know" an entertainer and have expectations of what they want them to be like. We DON"T know him at all - we just know that his music, his performances and his personality give us something that makes up happy in our lives and we like to share that with our family and friends. That's he's incredibly easy on the eyes does not hurt either... that only adds to his appeal.
He continues to entertain me and has my respect. As a fellow musician and singer I can't and won't ask for anything more.
Thanks Michael - "You're my Everything" Someday - maybe we'll share a standard.
Lisa

#12 Bran Muffin

Bran Muffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

Wow, so many opinions to take in. I have no idea what I was saying earlier, all I know is that Michael is just being himself, I personally don't care what he says or does, because I know that's just Michael being Michael, I love everything about him, haha! Jen, you really took the words right out of my mouth about stereotypes, etc., except I feel stupid, because I don't know who Andrew Dice Clay is. Haha! And LOL, yes, don't leave him! Gill, yes, thank you! I agree, I think he's been like this all along, I think Michael is constantly fighting this stereotype that we and the media set. We see this guy in a suit and tie, and think oh wow, he must be you know, like, everything that fits with that image. We're humans, and the simple fact is that we're going to look at someone, and draw a conclusion of what we think that person might be like, based on their looks. When I first discovered Michael, I looked at his suits, his music, his stance. I thought this guy's music is great, but does his personality go with his image? What's his personality like? I honestly thought what if he's this snobby young guy who thinks he's just great because he has refined music taste, etc.? Well, I was looking around on YouTube, and watched a particular video (I can't recall which one it was, I think it was the one where he talks about the pronunciation of "Bublé," haha), and laughed my butt off! I was so surprised at Michael's refreshing sense of humor and personality, and just become more and more amazed (That has a tendency to be a different topic though, he's just a really great person!) at how awesome he is, how diverse his audience is, how he's taken this fantastic music, and turned it into something of his own. I realized how wrong my first impressions of Michael were. I realized that I was so wrong, and that Michael is in a category of his own. I don't think of him as a young Frank Sinatra. People are always comparing him to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc., but that is not how I would describe him at all. Sure, if someone asks you who Michael is, you might just say a young Frank Sinatra to make the conversation flow, haha, but really, he just can't be compared to someone else, because Frank Sinatra is Frank Sinatra, and Michael Bublé is Michael Bublé. D, the word stuffy is another one of those words we think of for this genre of music, I can't describe it, basically like what I said earlier. I don't know what us young people want, I just know I love Michael, haha! And Betsy, I agree with you, and Lisa, you as well! :D

michaelanditwo.png

♥ 9.5.08 - New York, NY

Crazy Love Tour
♥ 7.6.10 - Richmond, VA

To Be Loved Tour
Best day ever!

Bublé's Nerds co-founder

Bungalow-B member

#13 Boricua

Boricua

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

Probably am going to start WWIII here, LOL!

Wow, Michael...you don´t need any paying lawyers, your nice fans sure know how to step in and take care of you and I mean ALL YOUR FANS.

It truly amazes me how we can read what has not been posted. Truly respect all opinions cause at the end each and everyone of you truly respect and care for the Bublé. Diverse opinions, but nevertheless, true fans.

All am going to say is that am up to my ears, lol! Everytime someone gives an opinion in jumps the age differences as a way or another to justify ones opinion. Can I be heard without being "stereotyped" because of my age?
My sweet darling youngins...stop the stereotyping cause if you really knew my crazy self you would be in awe. Once a rebel, always a rebel...(to my Moms regret!). Am the resident rocker! and although I respect Sinatra and his fans, I for one must say he is not my cup of tea. I have learned more of Sinatra in these past years just by being here. That said, so I won´t be "stereotyped" as being from another era and not understanding that poor Michael is a young guy who is being misunderstood by me...the old mummy, lol! and I risk being sent to my pyramid.

Michael is who he is... but he still dances to another drummer...he is another stereotype! That´s the music business! Before I get clobbered by the cyber police...it´s a reality, it´s a business and they sure know how to manipulate. I truly appreciate his talent and the nice guy I met. What I say has nothing to do with this but we must accept reality. I found a uniqueness (oh, Lord, hope I spelled this right) in his beginings. Go figure, me a rocker hearing "standards", can you believe this?, but it was what he did with his talent and him reaching to all ages, cultures, backgrounds, colors, young and old (yes people, in his beginings there were young ones around). Now he is doing what he wants and good for him! but for me he is being too predictable and to this "old mummy rocker" that´s a stereotype in my world. Is the use of certain words in his dialogues another way to try to "fit in the mold"? To me it is when it´s used as a constant "grip hold" of his "young crowd". Don´t get me wrong, when I went to see him I did appreciate a good laugh but one has to be careful. We have a saying here ...It´s not how many, it´s the continue use (more or less this is the translation).

Am glad MB is getting what he wants and works so hard for. Good for him! Just give me a call whenever you decide to surprise me with the unexpected.

Posted Image

#14 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

Wow, Michael...you don´t need any paying lawyers, your nice fans sure know how to step in and take care of you and I mean ALL YOUR FANS.

It truly amazes me how we can read what has not been posted. Truly respect all opinions cause at the end each and everyone of you truly respect and care for the Bublé. Diverse opinions, but nevertheless, true fans.

All am going to say is that am up to my ears, lol! Everytime someone gives an opinion in jumps the age differences as a way or another to justify ones opinion. Can I be heard without being "stereotyped" because of my age?
My sweet darling youngins...stop the stereotyping cause if you really knew my crazy self you would be in awe. Once a rebel, always a rebel...(to my Moms regret!). Am the resident rocker! and although I respect Sinatra and his fans, I for one must say he is not my cup of tea. I have learned more of Sinatra in these past years just by being here. That said, so I won´t be "stereotyped" as being from another era and not understanding that poor Michael is a young guy who is being misunderstood by me...the old mummy, lol! and I risk being sent to my pyramid.

Michael is who he is... but he still dances to another drummer...he is another stereotype! That´s the music business! Before I get clobbered by the cyber police...it´s a reality, it´s a business and they sure know how to manipulate. I truly appreciate his talent and the nice guy I met. What I say has nothing to do with this but we must accept reality. I found a uniqueness (oh, Lord, hope I spelled this right) in his beginings. Go figure, me a rocker hearing "standards", can you believe this?, but it was what he did with his talent and him reaching to all ages, cultures, backgrounds, colors, young and old (yes people, in his beginings there were young ones around). Now he is doing what he wants and good for him! but for me he is being too predictable and to this "old mummy rocker" that´s a stereotype in my world. Is the use of certain words in his dialogues another way to try to "fit in the mold"? To me it is when it´s used as a constant "grip hold" of his "young crowd". Don´t get me wrong, when I went to see him I did appreciate a good laugh but one has to be careful. We have a saying here ...It´s not how many, it´s the continue use (more or less this is the translation).

Am glad MB is getting what he wants and works so hard for. Good for him! Just give me a call whenever you decide to surprise me with the unexpected.

LOL... Bori... I'm the Original California Girl the Beachboys wrote about.... Loved and still do, Elvis, The Beatles, Mowtown, etc..... So, you are so right about not "sterotyping" anyone of any age. My generation was the one who coined the phase, "Never trust anyone over 30".... LOL.. have to laugh now, but we are also a generation that has remained the fittest and one who just will not age, no matter what the mirror tells us....
Hugs,
D
:rolleyes:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Bran Muffin

Bran Muffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

LOL! I love your reply! Like I said a few days ago, I have no idea how I'm trying to say what I'm thinking, I just really love Michael, and what he does, I don't care what he does, he's being himself, and that's what I love and all I care about, haha!

LOL... Bori... I'm the Original California Girl the Beachboys wrote about.... Loved and still do, Elvis, The Beatles, Mowtown, etc..... So, you are so right about not "sterotyping" anyone of any age. My generation was the one who coined the phase, "Never trust anyone over 30".... LOL.. have to laugh now, but we are also a generation that has remained the fittest and one who just will not age, no matter what the mirror tells us....
Hugs,
D
:rolleyes:

Haha, great reply, D! I agree!

michaelanditwo.png

♥ 9.5.08 - New York, NY

Crazy Love Tour
♥ 7.6.10 - Richmond, VA

To Be Loved Tour
Best day ever!

Bublé's Nerds co-founder

Bungalow-B member

#16 Beluga

Beluga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:58 AM

Wow. Where to start and how to say anything without offending people.

DarylD I do agree. I don't think there is a need for repeated "F-bombs". If you see a stand up comedian the funniest ones don't need to swear to be liked or popular. I think the same with musicians.

I can also see what everyone else is saying. If that truly is Michael then fair enough and we will all willingly accept him as he is. As long as he is happy and keeps making great music then I think we will all be happy.

#17 denelovesmichael

denelovesmichael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Michael is in my head 24/7
    My heart belongs to him <3
    Fan for about 4 years now :)
    Reading, Art, Music!!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

I don't understand what the problem is?!
I'm sure Michael knows what he's doing. He has been doing shows for a long time now and he knows
what works with the crowds and what doesn't!
I will be going to see him in October for the 1st time and obvs I'm going to hear him sing, but I'm
also going to be entertained!
I think some people get too stressed out with what should, and shouldn't be allowed.
Can everyone just remember that it's Michaels shows and he is dong this to entertain people and take them
away from their problems for a couple of hours.

If you don't like it, don't go!

He's trying his best to please everyone at once, right?
Obvs some people just don't want to be!
x x

#18 Bran Muffin

Bran Muffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:40 PM

Wow. Where to start and how to say anything without offending people.

DarylD I do agree. I don't think there is a need for repeated "F-bombs". If you see a stand up comedian the funniest ones don't need to swear to be liked or popular. I think the same with musicians.

I can also see what everyone else is saying. If that truly is Michael then fair enough and we will all willingly accept him as he is. As long as he is happy and keeps making great music then I think we will all be happy.

I agree! But, I don't really mind Michael's language, haha, it doesn't matter to me one way or another. And yes, as long as he's happy, and keeps making music, I'll be happy for sure! :D

I don't understand what the problem is?!
I'm sure Michael knows what he's doing. He has been doing shows for a long time now and he knows
what works with the crowds and what doesn't!
I will be going to see him in October for the 1st time and obvs I'm going to hear him sing, but I'm
also going to be entertained!
I think some people get too stressed out with what should, and shouldn't be allowed.
Can everyone just remember that it's Michaels shows and he is dong this to entertain people and take them
away from their problems for a couple of hours.

If you don't like it, don't go!

He's trying his best to please everyone at once, right?
Obvs some people just don't want to be!
x x

LOL, you'll see. I didn't know what to expect when I saw Michael for the first time, but I had a great time! He has a tendency to use some language, that's all. Oh, he definitely knows how to work a crowd, he's been entertaining people for so long now, he knows how to customize his performance for each audience, and make it really special. You're going to be really entertained, omg, you're going to have so much fun. You just really haven't been to a concert until you've been to a Michael Bublé concert. Or "party," as he calls it. And it's not a concert, it's a production, get ready to be a amazed, haha. Yes, he does and will take people away from their problems for a couple hours, he's amazing! It's not that we don't like it, it's just the language sometimes, you'll see, haha. But yes, if you have a problem with Michael because he's being himself, don't go see him, haha! Yes, he's trying to please everyone, and he does! No, it's not that, really, you'll see, LOL!

michaelanditwo.png

♥ 9.5.08 - New York, NY

Crazy Love Tour
♥ 7.6.10 - Richmond, VA

To Be Loved Tour
Best day ever!

Bublé's Nerds co-founder

Bungalow-B member

#19 HClarkie

HClarkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:michael buble >:)

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:43 AM

you know theres one thing i`d like to say about this
Michael is human! lol
why should he not be himself just because he is performing in front of thousands of people?
he`s just being himself..
when is that bad? lol
and everybody uses bad language time to time
just a thought :P
not trying to cause anything lol!

IAG baby!!

#20 Bran Muffin

Bran Muffin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

HAHA, thank you, HClarkie! It's very true! He's said himself in Michael Bublé Meets Madison Square Garden that he feels very comfortable in front of his audience. He said something to the effect of "You know how you go to open the fridge in the morning, and scratch yourself (LOL)? Well, that's the level of comfort I have in front of my audience, I think sometimes I get a little too comfortable, and forget that there's thousands of people looking back at me." I know I messed up that quote, but if you watch the DVD, you'll see it, haha! So I think in a way, you're right! He's very comfortable, and just being himself. I like how comfortable he feels being himself. And it's not a bad thing at all, haha! Yes, that's true! HAHA, you're not causing anything, we encourage everyone to share their thoughts here, nothing wrong with that! *Wink* :D

michaelanditwo.png

♥ 9.5.08 - New York, NY

Crazy Love Tour
♥ 7.6.10 - Richmond, VA

To Be Loved Tour
Best day ever!

Bublé's Nerds co-founder

Bungalow-B member