I remember it well....

7 replies to this topic

#1 SineadBubbles

SineadBubbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

I don't know exactly how you determine when "he hit the big time" for me...it's this year, cos none of my friends or many people where i live knew who he was.

I dont remember how long ago it was..but i'm guessing around the time of Spiderman 1. Driving down past an old round tower in waterford city...and hearing the Spiderman Themetune.

INSTANT LOVEAGE. but...then i didn't hear of anything for a while. Then i went away to Puerto Rico and in a resteraunte (Gipetto's) they were playing a song..and i asked who it was...and they gave me the Babalu cd :D it was only a copy...biut still. that's where it aaaaaaaalll started.

#2 bublesue

bublesue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts
  • Interests:MB, football,dancing,music

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

I don't know exactly how you determine when "he hit the big time" for me...it's this year, cos none of my friends or many people where i live knew who he was.

I dont remember how long ago it was..but i'm guessing around the time of Spiderman 1. Driving down past an old round tower in waterford city...and hearing the Spiderman Themetune.

INSTANT LOVEAGE. but...then i didn't hear of anything for a while. Then i went away to Puerto Rico and in a resteraunte (Gipetto's) they were playing a song..and i asked who it was...and they gave me the Babalu cd :D it was only a copy...biut still. that's where it aaaaaaaalll started.

THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR MICHAEL MEMORIES !

WELCOME TO THE BOARD ! HAPPY POSTING ! :D
Posted Image

IT'S TIME TO CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE,I'M GOING ON THE CRAZY LOVE TOUR !

#88-BUBLE'S NERDS- THE OBSESSED WITH BUBLE NERD
BUNGALOW B MEMBER

#3 jillblizzardthomasson

jillblizzardthomasson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

I met Michael Buble when he performed at the Lyric House in Baltimore, Maryland during his Swing tour. I remember watching him from the front row and I told my mom I was going to meet him (I had no idea how,)but nonetheless after the show, I snuck backstage and found my way down to where the performers were. I said I was his cousin and someone went to get him! He actually came out and walked me through the theater out to the kiosk where his last CD was waiting to be sold. He autographed the CD, handed it to me, kissed me on both cheeks, and proceeded to kiss my mom, who was stunned! My only response was "See I told you I was gonna meet him!" So now almost 15 years later, I'm using Spiderman for a tap dance I am choreographing.....wouldn't it be TOO COOL if he was in Hershey, PA this Christmas (2009) , read this blog and decided to come sing it live while my students danced!?!?! I can dream, can't I!

#4 Emma Michael Buble Woppo

Emma Michael Buble Woppo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Michael Bublé, Take That, Singing and playing Guitar/Piano

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

Same here, I started liking him when he brought out The Spiderman Theme, just because I'm a massive fan of Spiderman. It came out in 2001 didn't it? so 7 years? Not bad:)

#5 maxinowl

maxinowl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

I've always loved him, but the spark was when they put me "at this moment" as the English Waltz dance at the world championships ...it was unforgettable!!!

#6 db

db

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

Enjoyed hearing all your Michael moments!

Bungalow B ~ ATM #39
#20 @ Bubalicious Cafe
Michael's Ladies
diane.gif
"I LOVE BEIN' HERE WITH YOU"

"When You Smile At Me You Know Exactly What You Do
!"
MB_EVERYTHINGr3.jpg

michaelb35.jpg

#7 nera323

nera323

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

my concert from michael it was in may, it was a beautiful crazy moment.
He threw his towel in the crout, and i freaked out and i fighted for them...
and michael sings in the backround save the last dance... he was going up and down...
and one minute he stopped to sing and laughed about this fight for his towel
and i can say 2 years after this moment is my moment michael stopped to sing to me fight XD
i am a great fan.
Posted Image

Posted Image

MICHAEL I HOPE I SEE YOU IN THE NEXT YEAR LIVE

<a href="http://board.michael...howtopic=17537" target="_blank">
Posted Image</a>

IAM A NERD IN MY HEART

NERD NUMBER NINE IS HERE

#8 Hogwarts_Dropout

Hogwarts_Dropout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

I remember way back in the day after i had discovered Michael, it was 2005 and i graduated from highschool and as a graduation present, I was given tickets to see him at the opera house. He was amazing,...if anyone is familiar with the sydney opera house, the main concert room is seprated into two parts, so to get to the elevated section, you have to walk out the doors and up the stairs and into the elevated area....Michael wanted to see his fans so babdly, that some big beefy dude gave him a leg up into the elevated area and people helped him climb up :) he stood at the end of my row looking at me and smiled, but i was too far away to get a hug...I met him quite a few times after that!!

the thing that annoys me now, and I know it happens, it when Anna and I went to his crazy love show in sydney at all phones arena...there were so many teenage girls, like, the kind you would see at a One Direction concert...the crazy ones, Anna and I knew this would be an interesting night, anyway...Michael did his thing and decided to take a walk throught the crowd, and we were so excited to see him do that! After a few seconds though, Anna and I looked at each other and were like 'What the F*$@?" he had all these security guards flanking him and peope were just ripping at his clothes and really being rude and crushing the poor guy...that annoyed me and disappointed me, maybe because we all remember what it was like way back in the day when he could do that without security...and we hardly see him after anymore, I know why, and it ust suck for him that he cant see his fans as he would like...that part just sucked and i felt bad for him...but, it comes witht he fame i guess

Posted Image

I've fallen in love all over again

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users