Photo

From the mouthes of babes...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 KatSparrow24

KatSparrow24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:08 AM

Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd share a funny story told by my pastor last Sunday morning...

A mother and her 6 year old daughter were sitting in church one sunday morning when their old fashioned preacher asked the congregation to bow their heads in prayer. He bowed his head, closed his eyes, and said dramatically "OH HOLY LORD! Our lives are nothing but seconds in the vast expanses of time. Without you, we are but dust!". With that, the little girl pulled on her mother's jacket sleeve and said with a genuinely confused look on her face, "Mommy, what's but-dust?"

:lol:

-Kat
I reject your reality and subsitute my own!
Proud 5th member of the Buble Nerds :)
In my veins flows the blood of my people....The Wolf People, The Alligator People, and most importantly, THE CRAZY PEOPLE from whom I gain my strength! :-)
Posted Image

#2 Love2Peace

Love2Peace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:47 AM

Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd share a funny story told by my pastor last Sunday morning...

A mother and her 6 year old daughter were sitting in church one sunday morning when their old fashioned preacher asked the congregation to bow their heads in prayer. He bowed his head, closed his eyes, and said dramatically "OH HOLY LORD! Our lives are nothing but seconds in the vast expanses of time. Without you, we are but dust!". With that, the little girl pulled on her mother's jacket sleeve and said with a genuinely confused look on her face, "Mommy, what's but-dust?"

:lol:

-Kat

Kat, that is really funny. I like your pastor's sense of humour; I am sure it makes attending church a lot more fun.

My 5 year old daughter likes to use the telelphone now and then; she has fun pressing the numbers as I recite to her the phone numbers of family members. It is actually good practice for her since it helps her with her number recognition. Well, the other day, she asked me what God's telephone number was. I told her that is a good question, but I unfortunately didn't know. It was such a sweet moment. :P
Olivia

#3 michaelsnewfan

michaelsnewfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:56 PM

You could tell her that God's phone number is "Et Cum Spiri 2-2-0." <_<

P.S. One of the priests at my former parish told several amusing stories about the children at the school:

One morning, Father was having Mass for the school students and was talking about the saint whose feast day they were celebrating. He went on to say that saints "are ordinary people who do extraordinary things." Father then asked the children if there was someone who did extraordinary things in death as well as in life. There was a pause, and one boy raised his hand and replied "Elvis!"

At this same parish, they sell "shopping certificates" for many of the retailers in the area and a percentage of the money goes to the school. One morning, Father was at the school and one of the teachers showed him a student's religion test paper. One of the questions read "What does the priest say at the end of the Mass?" to which the student wrote "Please use Shopping Certificates." (BTW, the correct answer was "The Mass is ended, go in peace.")

#4 bottsbuble

bottsbuble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Interests:music, science, beautiful things, poetry

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

not quite as funny as the jokes above, but this comes from the mout h of my 4 yr old........

to start my husband get the line "the chain's too tight" from i'm your man stuck in his head, and sings it quite alot (to the point i mentioned that when visiting my parents he might not want to repeat aloud so often)

last night as i was getting the kids in PJs my husband sang "they chains too tight........." to which my 4 year old son on tempo replied "the beast won't go to sleep"!!

??is it at all possible we play too much michael!!!
Buble word of the week: bublangel: fellow Buble fan that does something extraordinary or sweet for you

Posted Image

DETENTION
St. Buble's Girl !! K of D
Bubalicious Cafe Member #22
#111 of Buble's Nerds, ATM #53

join the MB forum-by silver

to view the BUBLE DICTIONARY click here