Photo

Fly Me to the Moon...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 jenniferinmplsmn

jenniferinmplsmn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:30 PM

I was tooling around in my car today... Sinatra blaring from a recorded live concert. This punched up rendition of Fly Me to the Moon kicks on... love it.

Then it dawns on me... have I truly never heard you cover this? I checked the discography and you tube and all I found was some home video of you and Matteo Brancaleoni looking like you were two kids killing time in detention hall. It was funny.

But, this is truly an injustice, so I decided to sign up and share my thoughts with you. You must, must, must record this song. I really can't see anyone else pulling this song off properly. Diana Krall made me yawn with her version...and I am a fan of hers. And, since I'm putting my thoughts out there, you should pair up with Chris Botti and have his trumpet chops break out in some jazzed up solo before the repetition of the second verse.

It seems he (Chris Botti) will be in concert in my city (Minneapolis) and I don't see a scheduled return for you. Coincidentally, I have excellent seats to this. Michael, please mark your calendar for November 22nd, 2008 and make arrangements to crash his performance at Orchestra Hall so I can hear a live version of one of my all time favorites. I promise to take the blame if he becomes irate...

#2 bublesue

bublesue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts
  • Interests:MB, football,dancing,music

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:17 AM

Fun clip ! I agree Michael would sing a fab version of that song.
Posted Image

IT'S TIME TO CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE,I'M GOING ON THE CRAZY LOVE TOUR !

#88-BUBLE'S NERDS- THE OBSESSED WITH BUBLE NERD
BUNGALOW B MEMBER

#3 KBGUY09

KBGUY09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

I like Steve Tyrell's version of Fly Me To The Moon, but I think Buble could do it great as well. This song, IMO, is one of the greatest songs in the great American Songbook.
Michael Buble Concerts:
August 7th, 2007: FRONT ROW!!!!!!!!!!!
March 23rd, 2008: BACK ROW!

#4 Bia Moura

Bia Moura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:31 AM

I just love all the songs.
I'm Brazilian and i really want to go at the show here in Rio,but it's soo expensive. :(
I really don't know what to do. Anyone else from Brazil here?

#5 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • Interests:Family, Friends, Music, Gardening, Cooking, Martinis and good Wine

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:25 PM

I think it isn't a mistake that Michael has not recorded this piece of music. Truly, one of Sinatra's signatures. Michael is very conscious of those who would make comparisons and has I think, tried very hard to avoid putting himself in that position. Certainly he can sing anything, but he's careful to choose songs that he can bring something fresh to.

First, there will never be another Sinatra. Frank planned that his legacy would be his recordings and that is why there was no one who went into the recording studio with the depth and commitment that he did. His legacy are those recordings and his creation in some ways of this American Songbook we all refer to. Those who have recorded specific cuts have done mostly, tribute Cd's to Frank. Others have been given the gracious OK from the Sinatra family. Frank's work is a bit like the Holy Grail..... one has to walk very lightly. There are many out there who feel very strongly that much of this music should never be recorded by anyone, as it's main identification is Sinatra. I don't agree, as I've mentioned in other threads. How will it live on, if young singers don't bring it to the younger audiences? Michael is one of those singers doing this in a very reverent way.

Michael also walks a line when he records a CD that others do not. Many of the people singing this music today, came from rock, or production and had a big reputation and loads of clout, and had a built-in audience. Michael didn't have that. He's carved his place in the music industry in a very interesting manner. He doesn't come from rock, so there was no massive following. He began to record the Standards when there were very few doing it any more. I suppose what I'm trying to say here, is he's one in a million. If he didn't have the amazing gift he has, I doubt any of this success would have happened. Not just because producers didn't have confidence in this music, but no one takes a shot in the music business any more. It's more about making $, than the art of it. Deeply held conviction about this music is rare today and that makes me sad. Because I believe that long after we're all gone, this music will live on. A lot of other music will drift away, but this is GREAT music and will be heard forever.

I am so blessed to have grown up in a home with music. I played our 45's of Sinatra, The Mills Bros., Nat King Cole, Mel Torme and so many others, every day. I grew up in the 50's and 60's and saw the creation of rock n roll. Loved it all, from Elvis, The Beach Boys, Motown, The Beatles..... and on. But, deeply rooted in my heart was this Great American Song Book. There isn't a song I don't know the lyrics to and I believe that's true for a lot of people. The lyrics, melodies and arrangements are ingrained in my soul. With these few statements, one can see how protective many of us are about this music. Michael understands that.

Hugs,
D

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 bottsbuble

bottsbuble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Interests:music, science, beautiful things, poetry

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

hi just saw this topic
i love fly me to the moon (it was my weddingsong)
i watched and it was cute....hope michael does a version just for fun that is not a full release!
iam partial for sentimental reasons to sinatra's version........(we also have some sinatra lithographs hanging....wonder if my husband will let me replace one with michael???! :)

also watched this one

Visit My Website not my website but htis is how it pasted

it was fun too!!
have a buble day

joey
Buble word of the week: bublangel: fellow Buble fan that does something extraordinary or sweet for you

Posted Image

DETENTION
St. Buble's Girl !! K of D
Bubalicious Cafe Member #22
#111 of Buble's Nerds, ATM #53

join the MB forum-by silver

to view the BUBLE DICTIONARY click here

#7 I'veGotACrushOnYou

I'veGotACrushOnYou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

I agree! Michael would do an amazing job for Fly Me to the Moon! It better be on one his next CD's!

Crush,

#8 Marzena

Marzena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Michael Bublé of course:))

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

I agree with You! This is beautiful song and maybe Michael will sing it on next album? :rolleyes:

#9 The Best Bublé

The Best Bublé

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:13 PM

Wouldn't be surprised to see him cover it, think he would do it great.. hopefully he has it in his plans!