Photo

Question about Michael...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 Vancouver-Croat

Vancouver-Croat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:39 AM

When i saw his face for the first time i said this guy is from costal Croatia because he looks like so many people living arround me.Then i was courious what is his name and when i saw Buble it was clear for me.Maybe he don´t realise that or he is ashamed of his Croatian roots and genes that he has.He looks Croatian,not Italian nor French.Yes it sounds more nice if you are Italian or French but Buble is a surname from Trogir and i think it comes from word "bublica" which is some kind of rolls so surname Buble would be given to someone who is fat.

http://imehrvatsko.n...e/prezime-buble

If you watch this video on Michael (aired on the news show "60 minutes" you will even see a picture of Michael on the boat that he used to fish on with his dad. You can plainly see at the bottom of the boat in the photo it says "Dalmacia" which means "Dalmatia" (the coastal region of Croatia) where the Buble name comes from.

Here's the link to the video: http://www.cbsnews.c...croller;housing

Go to time index 6:10 and you will see the photo

#22 WhiT

WhiT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts
  • Interests:music, singing, family, friends, movies, TV, going out, dancing, computers, webdesign, food, travelling, teaching, drawing

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

I don't care if Bublé would turn out to be Russian or Spanish (oh nice ;)) or a friggin alien. (LOL) As long as he keeps on making music, I'm not complaining. And seriously, for all we know, he could be DUTCH. I mean come on, the guy loves his stroopwafels. ;)
XO,
Whitney

Posted Image Posted Image

#23 splendid-renate

splendid-renate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

I don't care if Bublé would turn out to be Russian or Spanish (oh nice ;)) or a friggin alien. (LOL) As long as he keeps on making music, I'm not complaining. And seriously, for all we know, he could be DUTCH. I mean come on, the guy loves his stroopwafels. ;)

LOL :lol:
Posted Image
Proudly promoting Michael Buble since 2003!!
Proud Founder of Ballroom Bublé Babes!

november 2005
may 2006
october 2007
october 2010 (x2)
april 26th 2012

#24 bblcld

bblcld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hi

I read with interest all comments related to the  Michael origins.   My name is Claudio Buble I live in Italy but my grandfather came from Croatia in 1918 as war prisoner.  He was born in Trogir (Dalmatia)  on the coast.  In this town there is the highest concentration of Buble in all the world (hundreds).  There is also an internet site that explain numerically the concentration around the world.   On the wall of one of the churches in Trogir you can find also a marble plate of 1350, with inscription “… here is buried Cipriano Buble …135x … “.      My granfather had 6 brothers  and one of them  emigrate in Vancouver and married there, two times, and has some sons.      I know him   30 years ago more or less.    Now I don’t know how many Buble live in Vancouver (…I try to understand something using telephone pages), but  70 years ago I think they were some tens, and  there is an high probabiliti’ that where relatives or at least from same country. 

Also I  have a little  book published by a Croatian monk (…Buble)  that has collected  the family tree of Buble from old years  up to our generations (with some holes … ) … with  nicknames of different families.  

I cant’t understand why Michael  doesn’t want speak about  his Buble origin, likes only to speak about his mother side ?

I’m very interested to exchange some information with someone that knows Buble’s development in Vancouver  (...and also in other sites)