Photo

Brad "Martini" Chambers Blog

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • Interests:Family, Friends, Music, Gardening, Cooking, Martinis and good Wine

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:59 PM

Earlier on another thread, I posted how important it was for all of us to be ambassadors of this music. If we want it to thrive and Michael's name to be known by everyone possible. Well..... darned if I don't check my email and there is a blog message from the same Brad Chambers I had just mentioned. I immediately sent him a message asking if I could post his message on the Bublé board and he is more than happy to have it here and anywhere else. You see.... it takes about 10,000 daily listenered to keep a radio station on the air. They are trying to launch again here and for them to do that we must spread the word about the intnet feed. So, here it is... Those of you who know me know about this...if you're new to Martini Land (hahaha) it's important to me anyway, that you do know. On January 31, 2006, Fabulous 690 said goodbye to the (literally) hundreds of thousands of people in Southern California who were listening to us on the radio, and even more listening on-line to hear great artists like Frank Sinatra, Steve Tyrell, Michael Buble, Ella Fitzgerald, Diana Krall, Bobby Darin, Dean Martin, Peter Cincotti, Renee Olstead, Jamie Cullum, Ray Charles, Rosemary Clooney, Harry Connick Jr...I could go on and on. So many great artists, so many timeless songs. <BR><BR>So, for the last year, we've been on a mission...to get back on the air here in Southern California, and to take it a step further - to build a national network of radio stations, primarily FM and HD2, playing this great music. Every day that we work on this it becomes more clear that there is a HUGE audience for this music. For many people, it's their favorite kind of music. For others, like many of my fellow "Baby-Boomers," it's their second choice right in there behind the rock 'n roll and top 40 music we grew up with. For others, tired of the same old "Oldies," they've given up on music radio and have adopted news and talk formats because there are no music stations that really suit their tastes. We are determined to make this music available to ALL of you.<BR><BR>So...we need your help!!! When you came to my MySpace page, if you have your speakers on, you're hearing our Internet-only (for now) radio station, MartiniInTheMorning.com. We MUST get our audience to a point where we're commercially viable. We're not NPR asking for donations and we don't think it's right to charge you to listen. Radio is supposed to be free. SO...if you're a fan of this music, a fan of these incredible artists, these classic songs (I'm listening to Tony Bennett and Sir Paul McCartney doing "The Very Thought of You" as I write this), I'm willing to bet some of your friends will enjoy it too! We're asking this simple favor. Please listen in over the next few days. Spend an hour or two whenever you can, in the background at home, while you're working on your computer at work, and at your convenience, please send me an email with any comments, suggestions, requests, etc. Then, when you're comfortable doing it, PLEASE send a bulletin out to your MySpace Friends asking them to do the same thing. Just ask them to "Tune In" for an hour or two over a couple of weeks...of course more if they'd like. Then if THEY like it, they can send a bulletin to THEIR MySpace friends.<BR><BR>The whole idea is to build a groundswell of support here at MySpace to show that there is a broad audience for this music, an audience that knows no age limits or national boundaries. Two other things specific to MySpace. First, there are so many signed and unsigned artists doing "Our Music" who have posted their music and have "Fan Sites" here at MySpace. We're working on a plan to give these artists national (international?) exposure. More on that later. The second thing is this - MySpace has taken a lot of grief for a lot of pretty bogus reasons. Sure, a few rotten apples have created some bad press, but for the most part, this is a great opportunity to network and meet new, like minded people. If we're able to build this cool thing here on MySpace, it's a perfect example of the power WE, YOU, have if we work together on something we all like. So...you can listen here, or click on the link below the player...it will take you to our website [url="http://www.martiniinthemorning.com""]http://www.martiniinthemorning.com"[/url] Where you click on the "Listen Live" link. That will give you our player with all the artist and title info. Another option is to log in to iTunes, click on RADIO. You'll find us listed under 50's/60's Pop (why they've listed us that way I don't know...I'm just glad we're on iTunes. Thanks in advance for your help! And as Renee Olstead, Louis Armstrong and so many others would say, What a Wonderful World! Here's to YOUR MUSIC!
Hugs,
D
!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 lindagold

lindagold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:44 AM

I brought up the 21 song's tp play & dissapointedly onl 2 of Michaels STLD & Thats All.

A few of Rod Sewart from the his Album The American Songbook (I think thtas what it,s called) Rod is a good Rock singer but singing the standards 'OH NO' he just ruins them, the songs have no depth to themwhen Rod sings them in my very Humble opinion Rod just dosen't have a standards voice. Rod stick to what your good at.

Sorry I know it's a bit off the subject but had to voice my opinion!!!

#3 Swingtime22 (jeane)

Swingtime22 (jeane)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  • Interests:Music, film, art, museums discovering new musical talents, Asian cuisine, traveling...

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:45 AM

Thanks Daryl,
I'm on Brad Chamber's Lounge Lizards mailing list and it's always great to see anything from Brad..He's such a sweetie..I'm so happy that he's back on the airwaves, be it the internet or not...I still miss his radio program and his goofy contests. They were such fun. His voice always has a smile in it. I was lucky a few times to get on air with him and he was always so sweet...Thanks again, Daryl...

PS..and I still remember that wonderful day when Brad took call after call to celebrate Michael's birthday. It was great hearing all the voices of the people here on the board...Loved it!!!
Posted Image

#4 Laguna

Laguna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:25 AM

Thanks Daryl and Brad,
I don't have myspace but I can listen to the station and I'm giving the link to my daughter and stepfather as I know they both love this type of music.

Laguna
MB You Look Wonderful Tonight
Posted Image--Posted Image--Posted ImageBrisbane 2008
Detroit 2006: photo by Silverbells

#5 Laguna

Laguna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:57 AM

As for spreading the music, there's a new Australian singer, David Campbell and his CD 'The Swing Sessions' has been doing well. I am enjoying his CD very much. I thought he was probably a fan of Michael's because on the CD is 'Mack the Knife', 'The Way You Look Tonight' and 'My Funny Valentine'.

Laguna
MB You Look Wonderful Tonight
Posted Image--Posted Image--Posted ImageBrisbane 2008
Detroit 2006: photo by Silverbells

#6 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:34 AM

Bumping for our music.
D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:18 PM

I'd love to hear Michael sing that too.....
Quick side note... I think I will be seeing Brad Chambers tonight. Going to see Steve Tyrell at the Catalina Bar and Grill and if all goes right, he's going to be there. Will finally get to meet him after all our messaging back and forth....
Hugs,
D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 It's about the music

It's about the music

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:28 AM

Michael's version of Sway is on Martini in the morning right now!!!
Diann
Posted ImagePosted Image

"You make me smile with my heart"

#9 db

db

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:01 AM

Hey Jeane!
Great info about Brad C. Glad you got to see Rene. She is really a very good jazzy singer and isn't she just 20 or so? If she's that.
I love to hear her sing Over the Rainbow~
I got Jamie's last cd as well and I think he's very good, another friend of Michael's! Posted Image
Have to say I think John Mayer is another very good guitarist and singer and I love his song,
"Waiting On The World To change"
but,Michael always come first for me, and yes, it's good to support these other talents, that I've heard Michael give praise to.
"A little Bublé goes a long way" Posted Image
Posted Image
Diane

Bungalow B ~ ATM #39
#20 @ Bubalicious Cafe
Michael's Ladies
diane.gif
"I LOVE BEIN' HERE WITH YOU"

"When You Smile At Me You Know Exactly What You Do
!"
MB_EVERYTHINGr3.jpg

michaelb35.jpg

#10 Swingtime22 (jeane)

Swingtime22 (jeane)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  • Interests:Music, film, art, museums discovering new musical talents, Asian cuisine, traveling...

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:34 PM

Hi Diane,
When you say "Rene Olstead" I'm listening. Had the pleasure of seeing her perform live at the Roxie on the Sunset Strip a year or two ago and who did I see going into the venue, but Brad Chambers. Was able to chat for a short time with him. I think this was his first time seeing her and on his show the next day, he mentioned how much he loved her performance...He's usually at the forefront when it comes to new talent. He also highlighted Erin Boheme and had her in studio with a birthday cake. Her lovely mother, Susan was there too.

Rene, Erin, Jamie Cullum, Peter Cincotti, and of course, our Michael and so many of the younger up and coming talents are there for us and we should try and support them as much as possible...

jeane
Posted Image

#11 db

db

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:46 PM

Daryl, did you get to see Brad C. at the Catalina Bar and Grill the other night? Hope so.
Great to know he is spreading the Bublé!
How was Steve Tyrell? I also like him.
I was wondering if you enjoy the voice of Reneé Olstead. As young as she is she really has a great sound.
Posted Image
Diane

Bungalow B ~ ATM #39
#20 @ Bubalicious Cafe
Michael's Ladies
diane.gif
"I LOVE BEIN' HERE WITH YOU"

"When You Smile At Me You Know Exactly What You Do
!"
MB_EVERYTHINGr3.jpg

michaelb35.jpg

#12 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

You go Di....
That is so great... Thanks, so much for your hard work...
Hugs,
D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 justdesserts

justdesserts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

Daryl-

Just listened to this radio station. Just heard "unforgettable" by Nat King Cole. One of my favorites! My Dad loved Nat King Cole so I always think of my Dad when I hear this song. It would be a great song for Michael---don't you think?

#14 It's about the music

It's about the music

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:11 PM

I added Brad's MySpace page as a friend. Thanks Daryl. Georgia put it as a bulletin and got my attention. So, your idea is working. Spreading the love. I'll pass it on too. Best of luck in your campaign to get it back on the air. I found out recently that my station Red,is on HD radio. So now I have to convince my husband that I need to give up the satelite radio and buy an HD receiver. Ahhh...the things we must do for our music! Keep up the great work dear. I'll support you 100%!!!
Diann
Posted ImagePosted Image

"You make me smile with my heart"

#15 Bublégal16

Bublégal16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:30 PM

quote:
It spreads the music to younger people. Again..... many have never heard these songs. It's spreading the music.
Hugs,

I'm an example of that! Always loved this music, but hearing Rod was the thing that told me, "Hey this stuff is still being sung!" Then I discovered Michael and well...the rest is history!
Posted Image

*Made for me by the wonderful sweetpea05 Love ya, Nicole!*

"But his voice filled my spirit with a strange, sweet sound. In that night, there was music in my mind. And through music, my soul began to soar...! And I'd heard as I never heard before!" ~ Christine in The Phantom of the Opera, 2004

“I think that—and I believe very strongly about this—but I know that if I concentrate, and I work hard, I know that I can take this world on, two women at a time.” ~ Michael Bublé

“Lips are the gateway to romance.” ~ Michael Bublé

#16 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:02 AM

Will absolutely check him out....
Thanks, so much.
Hugs,
D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

I agree that Rod's voice is not geared for the Standards. But, you have to give the guy credit. He loves the music and has sold loads of the 2 CD's of Standards. It spreads the music to younger people. Again..... many have never heard these songs. It's spreading the music.
Hugs,
D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Swingtime22 (jeane)

Swingtime22 (jeane)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

quote:
I agree that Rod's voice is not geared for the Standards. But, you have to give the guy credit. He loves the music and has sold loads of the 2 CD's of Standards. It spreads the music to younger people. Again..... many have never heard these songs. It's spreading the music.
Hugs,
D

I read something maybe last year that the one of the main reasons Rod Stewart went into the standards is that he had either injured his throat or something happened to it preventing him from singing those hard rock songs that really are stressful for the throat..Now he's back to his roots...Glad to hear him singing the songs that he was meant to sing...jeane
Posted Image