Photo

Where did Michael find you?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 It's about the music

It's about the music

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:09 PM

I thought it might be fun to share when and where Michael Buble found your heart.
He found me on Red 104.1 a St Louis radio station, in 2004. He sang to me and my beloved husband at our wedding, (even though it was by way of a DJ). And then he found me dancing in the aisle at his concert in May 2005. He hugged me and kissed my cheek, but he stole my heart and filled it full of music. He also found me on the surgery table when I had my heart procedure. He sang to me the whole time,(through my sons mp3 player.)
I know he has found all of us. All ages and walks of life. Where did he find you?
Diann
Posted ImagePosted Image

"You make me smile with my heart"

#2 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • Interests:Family, Friends, Music, Gardening, Cooking, Martinis and good Wine

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

Di,

When I first started reading your post... I thought... "Gosh, I don't quite remember" Then it hit me.... August 2005, Greek Theater. That's the first time I saw Michael, LIVE! From the first note..... and his image at the top of the stairs..... I was toast.... Not for the reasons some younger gals might have been. But, I knew I was seeing musical history. Not since Bobby Darin have I experienced such a talent. I don't say that lightly.... Bobby is beloved in my home, as is Sinatra. But, I knew I was seeing an amazing talent. So... at the end of the night, as Al and I were walking to the exit.... we were both pretty speechless. That's a bit hard, as Al has very strong opinions... as do I. But, in the car on the way down Western Avenue.... we talked a lot about what we had seen. As we drove by the Wiltern Theater, I saw the marquee... tomorrow night. Michael Bublé... I wanted to scream... "I MUST GO" .... But, I didn't. Now wished I had... It was CITA... What a night that would have been. Everything happens that is meant to happen.<BR>A long way of getting to say... it was Aug. 2005 at the Greek... He nailed me... LOL...
Hugs,
D

ps... I have to qualify this.... I knew of Michael long before seeing him at the Greek. But, this night.... Yeah.. I was toast.
LOL

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 It's about the music

It's about the music

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:09 PM

I thought it might be fun to share when and where Michael Buble found your heart.
He found me on Red 104.1 a St Louis radio station, in 2004. He sang to me and my beloved husband at our wedding, (even though it was by way of a DJ). And then he found me dancing in the aisle at his concert in May 2005. He hugged me and kissed my cheek, but he stole my heart and filled it full of music. He also found me on the surgery table when I had my heart procedure. He sang to me the whole time,(through my sons mp3 player.)
I know he has found all of us. All ages and walks of life. Where did he find you?
Diann
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 grobanite227

grobanite227

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Michael Bublé and Josh Groban, Chris Botti and my grandson, Brendan! I am also fascinated by ancient Egypt! It just amazes me how the pyramids were built! I'm sure they had help from aliens!! LOL!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

Gee, the first time Michael found me I was with Josh Groban!! Well, actually, Michael was with Josh Groban. It was waaaaaay back in Sept. 2002,before his WBR debut CD came out. I was watching the World Children's Day Concert because Josh was going to be on it but I didn't see Michael that day because they cut Michael out of the TV airing. I did buy the DVD of the show and sure enough, Michael performed just before Josh and I fell in love with him right then & there. He sang "I've Got You Under My Skin" & "Spiderman" and he was phenomenal and just so darn cute! So now I'm a Bublé fan for life!
Karen
Posted Image

#5 It's about the music

It's about the music

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

That's the BEST Andrea!!! I like embarrassing my kids too!! Posted Image
Diann
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Daryl D

Daryl D

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • Interests:Family, Friends, Music, Gardening, Cooking, Martinis and good Wine

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:26 AM

Loretta and Andrea... I love your posts. Absolutely, am so moved by your stories.

OK... well.. he really "found" me at the airport. LOL
Hugs,
D

ps... I know I have this crazy sense of humor
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Jacquie

Jacquie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:07 AM

Flipping through the channels... he was singing "Come Fly With Me" on Extra... I was a HS freshman... so 4 years ago. The Bublé love is still as strong as ever.

#8 Autism Mom

Autism Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:18 AM

Oooh! I love this question! I know the Bubles know this, because I sent my experience to them when I worked for the Autism Society. But I probably didn't include that one moment...so here goes:

My 11 year old daughter Jesse and I went to see him in Roanoke, Virginia this past August. I had downloaded his music from Itunes, after a friend sent me a CD she made of a few of his songs. I had never seen even a picture of him, so I was highly anticipating his arrival on stage, even though we were in the farthest seat from the stage, in the highest balcony, without binoculars!

It wasn't the first moment he came onstage...it wasn't the first few songs he sang...it wasn't the story about him putting the air in the tires, and letting us all go home and ride the bicycle...(although that was adorable)...no, it was, in fact, the moment he sat down to sing "Try a Little Tenderness".

He opened his mouth to sing...and completely lost it! He burst out laughing! I thought, "Oh, how cute" And then he did it again...and again! My daughter and I were captivated from that moment on.

I have said this before, and I will gladly say it again...for the first time in eight years, I spent two whole hours without the word Autism entering my mind. Having been, at the time, the Executive Director of the local Chapter of the Autism Society, and the mother of an 8 year old boy with Autism, and aunt to two other boys with Autism, that was literally the first respite I had had in eight years from Autism.

More importantly, my son has become a big fan of Michael's, telling me yesterday when I was playing his music..."Oh Mommy...that's Michael Booh-Blay! He's my favorite singer!" That was the first time Danny ever used the word, or expressed the concept of "favorite"...one of the many "firsts" he's had since we started playing Michael Buble every chance we get!

For me...it was the joy and laughter he exhibited while performing that completely captivated me and Jesse. It is the same joy that my little Danny displays every waking moment, (except when he has to do homework!)

I hope he never loses that joy (and by he, I mean both Michael and my son!)

Andrea
Music Lover

Posted Image Michael & MyTwo Angels

"When God closes a door, somewhere, He opens a window."

#9 silverbells

silverbells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:38 PM

Alright here goes...but if my boss reads this every word is a lie, I'm making it up as I go along...I was playing hookey from work, I think it was a Monday, and Sharon Osbourne had a new talk show. I was doing the dishes in the kitchen with the tv on in the living room and I heard this man singing "Come Fly With Me", I grabbed a towel, drying my hand's, grabbing the phone to call my dad to tell him which channel to turn to, sliding across the floor with my fuzzy socks, I rounded the corner into the living room, still dialing the phone, I looked at the tv and the word's "Sweet Jesus" came out of my mouth...he was gorgeous and he was singing my song! Someone was saying "hello", "hellooooo"...OMG, my dad, I forgot the phone was even in my hand. I told him to find the channel that had that song on it! He found it just in time, he said who is this kid! I said I couldn't understand what she said because of her accent...Michael Oolay or something like that, we were in love & we didn't even know his name! then about 2 months later I was in a department store and in the "bottom" row I saw this beautiful face on the cover of a cd...I picked it up, praying that on the back would be a list of the music I love, it was him...I bought 3, 2 for me, 1 for my dad...that was the beginning of the end of all my other music. Someone smoother that Mel Torme'...? So I went from Torme' to Buble'...hummmm...??? and loving every minute of it! silverbells
Posted Image

#10 Captivated

Captivated

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:51 AM

Michael found me when I was in the car listening to the radio, I heard him singing Sway (I love that song) & then heard the announcer say & that was Michael Buble singing Sway. Well my mother actually likes him aswell & she tracked the cd down before I could. But since then he has really found me, while I was watching a concert of his which was played on tv on New Years Eve Posted Image
Looking forward to seeing more of him now! Posted Image

#11 flower48

flower48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:38 AM

Andrea! Michael Buble is FUN to say isn't it!!! and embarassing the kiddos IS OUR JOB!!! my mom did it to me- now i get to do it with my sons!!
that's ALMOST as fun as saying michael buble!

take care
sarita
birthmothers never forget
open adoption records

#12 Autism Mom

Autism Mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:29 PM

Okay, I misspoke in my earlier post! He actually found my daughter Jesse and I at Christmas time a year ago. I had never heard of him before, and they were playing one of his Christmas tunes on the radio.

Jesse, who was 10 at the time, and I were on our way to a concert at the local high school, and she was in an extremely grumpy mood. I was trying in vain to pull her out of it, when his song ended, and the DJ said, "That was Michael Buble..."

So, being goofy in an effort to make Jesse laugh, I said, "Now how's that for a name? Michael Boobley. That's fun to say. Try it Jesse..."

I kept repeating it and telling her that it was fun to roll it off the tongue, and she just kept getting more and more sour, refusing to say it with me. I could tell she was trying not to laugh at me though, so when we pulled up to a Burger King Drive through window, and the guy handed me the food, I said to him, "Hey, do me a favor, will you? Say 'Michael Buble'"

He just shrugged his shoulders and said, "Michael Buble", and I answered, "Now wasn't that fun to say?" He laughed, and Jesse sunk so far down into her seat that she hit the floor!

Embarrassing my children...one of the many things I do best!

Hugs,

Andrea
Music Lover

Posted Image Michael & MyTwo Angels

"When God closes a door, somewhere, He opens a window."

#13 WhiT

WhiT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts
  • Interests:music, singing, family, friends, movies, TV, going out, dancing, computers, webdesign, food, travelling, teaching, drawing

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:17 PM

I saw him for the first time in the "Totally Blonde" movie. That was November 15th 2003! Posted Image (I remember cause I joined the board Nov 16thPosted Image) I was 15 at the time. Aww, haha!
XO,
Whitney

Posted Image Posted Image

#14 michaelsnewfan

michaelsnewfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:35 PM

Michael found me, first on the radio -- I listen to an AM nostalga station, and that's where I heard him initially.

Then Michael found me in the music department at Target. I had bought a CD player for a birthday gift "to me from me" and I was looking for a CD or two to add to my fledgling collection. I got the Beatles Number Ones, and I wanted to get another CD to go with it. So I got a copy of Michael's first CD. I must confess that I played his more than the Beatles' CD I bought that day.

Michael found me again in the front row the first time I went to see him. After the concert was over, I went to the tour bus in the hope that I would at least get a glimpse of him. I got to the bus only to see him coming out pulling a suitcase with one hand and carrying the flowers I had given him in the other. He signed my CD, took pictures (I look awful because I was not ready when the girl who took them snapped them), and I even got to kiss him -- after I asked his permission -- and believe me when I tell you, his cheek is sooooo soft!

Michael found me one more time, next concert, front row again! He saw me taking pictures, and called me "you little flash bitch!" (the only time I didn't mind that word). I didn't care -- I kept on taking pictures. At the end, during "A Song for You", he was holding the towel he had buried his face in, walked over, and threw the towel to me! I keep it in a plastic bag, taped shut, and it stays on my bed.

#15 Valeria

Valeria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:I like music:I can't live without it!<br />I LOVE jazz and my favourite singer is,of course,Michael Bublè,but I also like other kinds of music (except heavy metal...).:-D<br /><br />Besides music,I like: going to the cinema,cooking,reading, sleeping(LOL!).eating (food is a pleasureeee!!I'm mad about pizza,pasta and ice cream!!),meeting new people,swimming and going to the concerts (above all the jazz ones).<br />I LOVE the sea,animals,nature,traveling and I like internet and writing on this WONDERFUL message board! :-D

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:52 AM

Michael found me years ago.The first time I heard his wonderful voice was in 2004...I was spending a bad period of my life.That day a was roaming in a music store when I heard him singing "Moondance".I fell in love at once!It seems strange for someone,but he helped me,he gave me strenght with his music and his voice.Now every time I feel sad or I live a difficult moment he is always beside me,in good and bad moments.I can't live without his voice!
I listen to him so often!
Through Michael I've discovered the power of music.Sometimes I hear about someone who gets over an illness or even a coma thanks to the power of music.I believe in this!
This year,in february,my mom nearly died because of a bad illness.She wanted to listen Michael's voice and so she put the earphones on...I'm sure he helped her too,as he helped me years before.
My mom is better now and she has the dream to see Michael in concert soon! Posted Image
She'll come with me to see him performing and I just can't wait!

Kisses! Posted Image

#16 db

db

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:40 PM

Getting starbucks one day, and saw his cd on the rack, I said to myself, WHO IS THIS?! just looking at him made me pick up that cd and read all of it. I told my husband I have to have this cd the songs are my very favorites! (always loved the standards) Posted Image
I played it in the car on the way home and I was mesmerized by that voice and the delivery of those songs. Hooked ever since, what can I say!! love the man! Posted Image
Posted Image
Diane

Bungalow B ~ ATM #39
#20 @ Bubalicious Cafe
Michael's Ladies
diane.gif
"I LOVE BEIN' HERE WITH YOU"

"When You Smile At Me You Know Exactly What You Do
!"
MB_EVERYTHINGr3.jpg

michaelb35.jpg

#17 MB FAN

MB FAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:45 AM

Michael Buble found me on his PBS special for Caught in the Act. It was late and I was flipping through the stations and I saw them advertising a CD with some hot guy on the front. I thot, " Well, this could be interesting." Then they rolled the concert and as soon as I heard his voise, I knew he had the perfect voice and sometime I would own everyone of his CD's. Now I do. I'm so glad he found me!!!!!!

TTYL, MB FAN

#18 swooninggrany

swooninggrany

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,559 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:58 PM

MICHAEL FOUND ME IN BED. YES HE DID.I SLEEP WITH MY HEADSET ON AND FEEL ASLEEP. I WOKE UP TO DOUG MCINTYRE LATE NITE SHOW. DOUG WAS INTRVIEWING A YOUNG MAN WHO WAS SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT HIS GRANDPA. YOU KNOW HOW IT IS WHEN YOU FIRST WAKE UP,YOUR STILL HALF HERE AND HALF THERE, AT LEAST THATS HOW I WAS, ANYWAY SOMEONE CALLED IN AND THANKED THE YOUNG MAN FOR SINGING "FEVER" IN HIS ABOUT TO BE RELEASED C D. THEN DOUGH PLAYED " JUST THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT" I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EARS. I KNEW I WAS HEARING SOMEONE VERY SPECIAL. THAT VOICE, THAT WONDER OF A VOICE. I WAS HEARING ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VOICES GOD EVER CREATED. . . DOUG SAID MICHAEL BUBLE.AND SPELLED IT. IN THE MORNING I RAN TO THE OMPUTER AND LOOKED MICHAEL BUBLE UP ,OOH, NEED I SAY MORE??? THAT SUMMER OF 2003 WE SEEN HIM FOR THE FIRST TIME.MICHAEL IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE "MY HERO OF SONG". HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU.
Posted Image #18 Bubalicious Cafe

"My Hero of Song"

#19 fevergal

fevergal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:24 AM

Michael found me in Sams Club!. In Nov. of 2005 I was going to do some Christmas shopping and when I walked through the front doors, Michael was singing on every TV in the store! I stood in their TV department and watched the whole CITA DVD that was being played for advertisement. Rooted to the spot as they say. He had me from the first note to the closing credits. This last year has been one of the best and worst in my life and Michael has been there through it all. I attended concerts in Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo, and Dayton, and got to actually meet Michael afterwards and get either an autograph, a hug, or a short
conversation. I had a blast meeting and getting crazy with Cindy, Becky, Terri, Jami, Karen, Maura, Amy, Brandy, Vera,etc. etc..... (smellin' the sweaty towel, locking keys in the car, a Bublépalooza bash in the hotel in Dayton, McDonalds and brownies at 4 AM, the list goes on and on.) Then I almost died in ICU in July and have been taking chemo since October. My Bublé friends have showered me with 50+ cards and hundreds of e-mails, and Michael goes with me to all my treatments via headphones. The nurses have all enjoyed my Michael scrapbook and pictures. Michael continues to find us all when we are at our highest and lowest which is what makes him such an important part of all our lives.
NancyPosted Image
WV #1 Bublé FAN!
Member of BUBLéPALOOZA Party Pack!
"MB Jones Gang" member #1
Devout follower of Bubléism#35
ATM #38

http://www.myspace.com/nl_paints
NEVER FROWN EVEN WHEN YOU ARE SAD, BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOUR SMILE.[/size][/color]
Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 bublefever-always

bublefever-always

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Great music, a feeling of well- being, and a passion for life!

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

Michael found me just recently early in 2006. Hubby was on a trip and I rented the movie "The Wedding Date". I kept hearing several songs sung by a captivating voice that I just had to hear more of. When "Home" came on during that movie, that was it for me. I was hooked. I swear I sat through all the 20 minutes of credits at the end of the movie and still didn't see who sang those songs! The print was so small and the credits rolled by so darn fast. I was very disappointed to say the least.

Then, one fine day the local smooth jazz radio station played "Home" when I was in the car alone. I had to actually pull over and stop to thoroughly catch my breath............. After the song finished some lady called into the station and asked who it was. She said she was going to run right out to the music store and buy "It's Time" CD then and there! I called my hubby at work and told him who had that magical voice and we have been hooked ever since.

We saw him on Dancing with the Stars last year and wanted to tune in especially to see if Michael sounded as good live as he did in the studio. Well, silly us!!!!!!!!! Of course he did, and then some.

Our first Buble concert was in March of 2006. We went just out of curiosity as we found out Michael was performing here at the last minute. We didn't know what to expeect. We didn't know if he had live musicians with him or what. All I can say is that from the moment the music started for "Feeling Good" and he started walking down those steps we were both dumbfounded and struck by the sheer magnetism and charisma behind that magnificent voice. We were held spellbound for that whole 90 minutes and were VERY disappointed when the concert was over.

Michael found us one more time at another concert in Illinois. This time he found us in 2nd row seats. Whooo hooo!

We are proud to say Michael has had us in his web ever since, and my husband appreciates him as much as I do. I hope he never ever lets that web unwind!!!!!!!!!

Laurie