Photo

LUXEMBOURG CONCERT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Cinderella23

Cinderella23

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:25 AM

Posted ImageBecky and I are back from our European vacation, and what an incredible vacation it was!!! There have been some wonderful posts on the board already of the concerts in Europe so we will try not repeat too much of what has already been said. Just got my pictures back today and they have jogged my memory. We have decided to post Michael’s concerts in order. Also, for anyone who may be interested, we will try to post some of our CRAZY adventures in Europe (other than Michael’s concerts and the wonderful people we have met) on the Other Topic board.

LUXEMBOURG

We were soooooo excited for this first concert in Michael’s European Tour! (Yes, the one that was first cancelled, so we then bought tickets to the Hamburg concert instead, but it was then re-instated…..well, we couldn’t pass it up, could we???!!!)

The night arrives. Vera, Janet, Becky, Mehdi (who came to Las Vegas but I never met him until Luxembourg and who actually lives near Luxembourg) and myself all piled into Mehdi’s car to go to the concert. Mehdi was so kind to drive all the way into town to pick us up even though he lived about 5 minutes from the Rockhal venue! THANKS MEHDI!!! We drove and drove and drove. We got lost!!! OH NO!!! Mehdi, I thought this venue was only 5 minutes from your house??? We finally found it….late! The venue was actually in another town about 30 minutes outside of Luxembourg! (Found out later that Michael’s tour buses got lost too!!) We were in a long line of cars winding up this huge hill. The scenery around the venue was very very unusual, to say the least!!! It sort of seemed like we were in the making of “Water World”. Industrial buildings with huge smoke stacks looming in the distance. It was quite unnerving! We pulled into a parking area and were incredulous that we had to walk at least one mile (uphill) to the venue! Poor Becky. She was all dressed up with very high-heeled shoes! I think her feet may have been bleeding when we finally got there!!! It took us awhile to walk it! Cold, windy, and rainy. Yuck! But, FINALLY, we were in the concert hall!!! Totally missed the opening act of Jan Arden, but, quietly found our seats!

Sitting in our seats awaiting the beginning of the first notes seemed surreal! I couldn’t believe I was sitting in an auditorium in Luxembourg waiting for Michael’s show to begin! OMG!! It finally hit me! So it was super exciting when the first notes were played! (Every time I talk with Alan I always let him know that his arrangement of the introduction to “Feeling Good” is BRILLIANT!!! I just LOVE IT!!!) Michael was so on! The applause was deafening! After the first two songs, the audience was so very quiet Michael started talking in a whisper! He said, “Are you going to be this quiet all night?” Michael seemed a little uncomfortable with the audience’s quietness, so Becky thought she’d shake things up by yelling, “We love you, Michael”. So Michael laughs and says, “Today you love me, tomorrow its Helmut somebody or other!” The audience erupted with laughter!

The show was very similar to the shows in the states and Michael was AWESOME as usual! When it came time for Save the Last Dance, Janet, Vera, Becky and I all knew what to do! We ran for the stage. But, to our surprise, Michael did not start right into Save the Last Dance!!!!! He started rapping the Volcano Rap!!! I was so shocked! I had never heard this song live before!!! We were dancing like crazy!!! What a TREAT!!! Becky and I waved our American flags during Save the Last Dance and Vera and Janet waved their British flags! The audience was in AWE when Michael sang “Song for You” without the microphone! The audience was very polite and no shoving or pushing was done! At the very end, before Michael did his handshakes, a girl yelled to Michael “Sing Quando, Quando, Quando”. Michael says to her “I’ll sing it if you sing it with me” and he handed this girl his microphone. The band played the starting notes and the girl started singing. Michael was amused and was so sweet to her!!! (If this was you singing, I got a picture for you!!!)

What a WONDERFUL night to remember! After the show, we went out to find the buses in the back. There were 5 of us. When we got to the gate where the buses were parked, a security guard was getting ready to close the gates. I begged him not to close the gate telling him that sometimes Michael and the guys in the band sign autographs. It was very cold and rainy so I think he took pity on us and he left the gate open! Some of the guys in the band came out and walked over to us! They are all great to chat with us! We are so awed by their talents! A few girls from Luxembourg found the buses, too! So there were 10 of us waiting. Michael came out and walked over to all of us. Of course, we never EXPECT him to come over and sign autographs, but, we are always so very appreciative when he does!!! I asked if we could take a few pictures, and he said “of course”! So we each got a picture taken with Michael. He signed autographs for all of us! THANK YOU!!! We so APPRECIATE you Michael!!!

Mehdi and I walked back to the car so that we could drive up and gather the rest of the gang. We talked about the concert all the way back to our hotel!!! Mehdi mentioned that when he saw Michael in Las Vegas, he thought it couldn’t get any better than that, but after Luxembourg, Mehdi said that the Luxembourg concert was the ABSOLUTE BEST concert he had ever seen!!! What a FABULOUS ending to a FABULOUS night!!!

More concert reviews to come!! We will post all the pictures from our trip in a separate post!
Posted Image

Cinderella23
Michael's #1 Fan in Pittsburgh, PA!!

If you have one life to live, live it as a Michael Bublé fan!!

#2 DCBet

DCBet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:37 AM

Hey Cindy & Becky!

THANK YOU!! So happy to read about the Lux. concert and the start of your wonderful European adventure with Michael and the guys!! I am so very excited you both were able to get a photo with MB!!! He is so sweet to do that for his fans and now Becky, you can ditch that "big head" shot, like I did with my "cheek and chin" shot!! (aka "Turkey Neck!!!" Posted Image)

Can't wait to read all about the other shows and see your pics!!

Take care, girls!
Betty

#3 Rita2

Rita2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

Welcome back, Cindy! Thanks for the review!
Rita
"People will forget what you say, people will forget what you do, but people will NEVER forget how you make them feel."

#4 swooninggrany

swooninggrany

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,559 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:06 AM

CINDY , I TOLD YOU MY DEAR THAT WE WERE WAITING FOR YOUR REVIEW. THANKS, FOR SHARING YOUR LOVELY MEMORIES. HUGE HUGS, LORETTA SMILING AT YOU
Posted Image #18 Bubalicious Cafe

"My Hero of Song"

#5 onlylovemichael

onlylovemichael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:11 AM

HI!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us!!! Posted Image

Can´t wait to see all your pictures!!!! You´re all so lucky to get a chance to meet him Posted Image

Just one question: as the girl started to sing "Quando Quando Quando" had Michael sang then too?

~Sabine~

#6 Mousenl

Mousenl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:36 PM

Hi Cindy!!
Are you still high on your Bublé cloud or back on your feet again?!?! Loved the review!! Am looking forward to your next one....
Take care,
Mouse Posted Image Posted Image

#7 redwing26

redwing26

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:26 AM

more, more, more!!! I want to hear more!!!!!!

Karen

#8 Cinderella23

Cinderella23

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:25 AM

Posted ImageBecky and I are back from our European vacation, and what an incredible vacation it was!!! There have been some wonderful posts on the board already of the concerts in Europe so we will try not repeat too much of what has already been said. Just got my pictures back today and they have jogged my memory. We have decided to post Michael’s concerts in order. Also, for anyone who may be interested, we will try to post some of our CRAZY adventures in Europe (other than Michael’s concerts and the wonderful people we have met) on the Other Topic board.

LUXEMBOURG

We were soooooo excited for this first concert in Michael’s European Tour! (Yes, the one that was first cancelled, so we then bought tickets to the Hamburg concert instead, but it was then re-instated…..well, we couldn’t pass it up, could we???!!!)

The night arrives. Vera, Janet, Becky, Mehdi (who came to Las Vegas but I never met him until Luxembourg and who actually lives near Luxembourg) and myself all piled into Mehdi’s car to go to the concert. Mehdi was so kind to drive all the way into town to pick us up even though he lived about 5 minutes from the Rockhal venue! THANKS MEHDI!!! We drove and drove and drove. We got lost!!! OH NO!!! Mehdi, I thought this venue was only 5 minutes from your house??? We finally found it….late! The venue was actually in another town about 30 minutes outside of Luxembourg! (Found out later that Michael’s tour buses got lost too!!) We were in a long line of cars winding up this huge hill. The scenery around the venue was very very unusual, to say the least!!! It sort of seemed like we were in the making of “Water World”. Industrial buildings with huge smoke stacks looming in the distance. It was quite unnerving! We pulled into a parking area and were incredulous that we had to walk at least one mile (uphill) to the venue! Poor Becky. She was all dressed up with very high-heeled shoes! I think her feet may have been bleeding when we finally got there!!! It took us awhile to walk it! Cold, windy, and rainy. Yuck! But, FINALLY, we were in the concert hall!!! Totally missed the opening act of Jan Arden, but, quietly found our seats!

Sitting in our seats awaiting the beginning of the first notes seemed surreal! I couldn’t believe I was sitting in an auditorium in Luxembourg waiting for Michael’s show to begin! OMG!! It finally hit me! So it was super exciting when the first notes were played! (Every time I talk with Alan I always let him know that his arrangement of the introduction to “Feeling Good” is BRILLIANT!!! I just LOVE IT!!!) Michael was so on! The applause was deafening! After the first two songs, the audience was so very quiet Michael started talking in a whisper! He said, “Are you going to be this quiet all night?” Michael seemed a little uncomfortable with the audience’s quietness, so Becky thought she’d shake things up by yelling, “We love you, Michael”. So Michael laughs and says, “Today you love me, tomorrow its Helmut somebody or other!” The audience erupted with laughter!

The show was very similar to the shows in the states and Michael was AWESOME as usual! When it came time for Save the Last Dance, Janet, Vera, Becky and I all knew what to do! We ran for the stage. But, to our surprise, Michael did not start right into Save the Last Dance!!!!! He started rapping the Volcano Rap!!! I was so shocked! I had never heard this song live before!!! We were dancing like crazy!!! What a TREAT!!! Becky and I waved our American flags during Save the Last Dance and Vera and Janet waved their British flags! The audience was in AWE when Michael sang “Song for You” without the microphone! The audience was very polite and no shoving or pushing was done! At the very end, before Michael did his handshakes, a girl yelled to Michael “Sing Quando, Quando, Quando”. Michael says to her “I’ll sing it if you sing it with me” and he handed this girl his microphone. The band played the starting notes and the girl started singing. Michael was amused and was so sweet to her!!! (If this was you singing, I got a picture for you!!!)

What a WONDERFUL night to remember! After the show, we went out to find the buses in the back. There were 5 of us. When we got to the gate where the buses were parked, a security guard was getting ready to close the gates. I begged him not to close the gate telling him that sometimes Michael and the guys in the band sign autographs. It was very cold and rainy so I think he took pity on us and he left the gate open! Some of the guys in the band came out and walked over to us! They are all great to chat with us! We are so awed by their talents! A few girls from Luxembourg found the buses, too! So there were 10 of us waiting. Michael came out and walked over to all of us. Of course, we never EXPECT him to come over and sign autographs, but, we are always so very appreciative when he does!!! I asked if we could take a few pictures, and he said “of course”! So we each got a picture taken with Michael. He signed autographs for all of us! THANK YOU!!! We so APPRECIATE you Michael!!!

Mehdi and I walked back to the car so that we could drive up and gather the rest of the gang. We talked about the concert all the way back to our hotel!!! Mehdi mentioned that when he saw Michael in Las Vegas, he thought it couldn’t get any better than that, but after Luxembourg, Mehdi said that the Luxembourg concert was the ABSOLUTE BEST concert he had ever seen!!! What a FABULOUS ending to a FABULOUS night!!!

More concert reviews to come!! We will post all the pictures from our trip in a separate post!
Posted Image

Cinderella23
Michael's #1 Fan in Pittsburgh, PA!!

If you have one life to live, live it as a Michael Bublé fan!!

#9 Kenzie3'sMB

Kenzie3'sMB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:05 AM

Nice review!! Loved it!!...So how did the pictures come out...??Posted Image
S2,
MacKenzie:D

"No I'm not color blind, I know the world is black and white"--John Mayer...

"So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"--John Mayer

ily...

Posted Image

#10 Janet (UK)

Janet (UK)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:26 PM

Cindy

It was just so kind of Michael and the boys to come over as the weather was so foul.

Nobody warned us about the parking either. It must have been at least a mile away over some pretty rough ground.

Thank you for keeping the memories going

Janet xx

#11 Josephine

Josephine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:48 PM

Cindy,

I have been looking forward to hearing from you after your return. Thanks very much for your post!!! We'll be glad to eventually hear about it all from you AND your pictures. It sounds so exciting.

Thanks again.
Take care!
Jo

#12 GermanSarahBublé

GermanSarahBublé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:42 PM

Hi Cindy,
that was a nice report. Thanks Posted Image
I think you had a great time in Europe.

You know, I am soooo interested in the pic of me and Michael in Hamburg! Posted Image Posted Image
So, please send the pics!
Dear Sarah

(Michael is still in my mind...)

#13 The Drake

The Drake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:59 AM

THANKS CINDY! SOUNDS LIKE THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR PICS.
MARLENE ANNE
Mikey_and_Me2-1.jpg

#14 Kate in Cornwall

Kate in Cornwall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:01 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Wonderful to hear from you Cindy, will tell Julie and Tracey about your review when they return after the weekend.

Go girl go --just as you did in Rotterdam LOL

Gans Cara Kate
Posted Image

#15 yrigoyen

yrigoyen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:55 PM

I need to get a better job. I would love to plan a European vacation that included a Buble Show. I loved this story. Thanks for sharing.

Laura

#16 Nourjal

Nourjal

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Interests:I like Jazz music and of course Michael BUBLE and Naturally 7

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:04 AM

Posted Image

Thanks so much for the review Cinderella !

What a wonderful night to remember !
PATRICK
Bungalow-B member
Bublémania Blue Board member

Posted Image
Posted Image
http://forums.bungal...mp;d=1194423605

#17 sydneygirl

sydneygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:12 AM

A great review

Thanks

#18 Boricua

Boricua

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:56 AM

Posted ImageYeah!!!! now we´re talking....glad I didn´t have to wait too much...keep it coming...
Joking aside...love to read all about board members meeting and having fun...yeah, yeah and of course about Michael and the Band...

Thanks!!!
Posted Image

#19 Fiery

Fiery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:36 AM

Hi there only saw your post last night I am the girl you mentioned singing quando quando in Luxembourg In 06 I would love to see the photo you mentioned as it would be great to have something to remind me of that fantastic night Tks a million  fiery