Photo

Female Version Of Michael

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Buble = Love

Michael Buble = Love

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:19 PM

I wasn't sure where to put this post or if i should even mention it at all.

My name is Autumn and I am 16 years old. For a while now, I have wanted to become a jazz singer. My mom is a jazz singer locally, but she does not earn a ton and with all of the R&B and Rap music out there, I didn't think that jazz would sell.

Last year I saw Michael on a starbucks commercial and immediately fell in love with his music.

My dream now is to be a singer and open for Michael, but I have no idea where to start.

I am not sure what help posting this can offer, but you never know, someone may have some good advice.

I can't leave home at such a young age to go to a major city and pursue this career and I don't know what paths to take to create an oppurtunity for success.

Any ideas? Any and all are appreciated. Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 girlinrowC

girlinrowC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:39 PM

Excuse spelling, typing really fast!!!

#3 Michael Buble = Love

Michael Buble = Love

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:19 PM

I wasn't sure where to put this post or if i should even mention it at all.

My name is Autumn and I am 16 years old. For a while now, I have wanted to become a jazz singer. My mom is a jazz singer locally, but she does not earn a ton and with all of the R&B and Rap music out there, I didn't think that jazz would sell.

Last year I saw Michael on a starbucks commercial and immediately fell in love with his music.

My dream now is to be a singer and open for Michael, but I have no idea where to start.

I am not sure what help posting this can offer, but you never know, someone may have some good advice.

I can't leave home at such a young age to go to a major city and pursue this career and I don't know what paths to take to create an oppurtunity for success.

Any ideas? Any and all are appreciated. Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Bumblebee♥MB

Bumblebee♥MB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:57 PM

Hey Autumn, beautiful name btw (by the way).
Well i have always been told to follow your dreams but i agree with girlinrowC in the respect that fame isnt everything. Just do what you love to do and enjoy it, make money from it yes but dont let fame become your overall goal.
Who knows, if you are good enough, maybe someone will find you Posted Image
Good luck x Sabrina x
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Opened my eyes, my eyes to my soul, your music has touched my soul, you are amazing. Michael you have touched my heart, your music has melted into my soul, each time i hear your voice i know that you are a reason i keep being positive about life. If it were not for you and my friends and family i may have given up a long time ago. Thankyou for being you. You sweet, cute, adorable, hillarious and just simply amazing man.

Member of Baby Bublé's #80
Member O.C.D of MB Sufferer #12
Member of Bublé's Booster Babe's #11
Member of Bublé's Green-Eyed Girl #23
Member of Buble's Brunettes #150
Devoted Bubléism follower #2!
Proud member of Bublé-aholics #9!
A Member Of The Lost Ladies of Buble'-land #2
Founder of Bublé's Brown Eyed Babe's!!!

Michael Bublé to Sabrina, 12th November. "Do you Love me?" Sabrina gazing up into his eyes...."YES!!!" Took my heart the day he took my hand. Michael is a heart stopper. Thankyou for being so amazing Michael, angel or not, your voice is heaven

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

http://hitomii.deviantart.com/
http://www.myspace.com/hitomii
[url="http://Sab7311.bebo.com"]http://Sab7311.bebo.com

#5 FoxyOperaSinger

FoxyOperaSinger

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:03 PM

Hi Autumn,

Welcome to the boards, and good luck with your singing venture. I am working on the same career path myself, and have graduated college with a degree in voice. I highly recommend following school all the way through to the end, it has proven to be a valuable asset in terms of finding music jobs for me. I will be moving to NYC this summer to audition for musicals and record companies, so if I can help you with any questions you may have, I will certainly try! You can let me know; I'd love to help if I can Posted Image
Jennifer
"Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans?"

#6 susierx

susierx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:09 AM

quote:
Welcome to the boards, and good luck with your singing venture. I am working on the same career path myself, and have graduated college with a degree in voice.

Foxy, I just think that is so amazing! A degree in voice, wow. I've always loved music and singing, but I've always been so shy about it. I view people who can put themselves out there and sing as being extremely brave, and I so admire you for that! I only wish that I could have followed that path, but unfortunately the confidence wasn't there. Kudos to you, girlie! I am in awe. Posted Image

Autumn, I wish you the best of luck. And for the same reason as stated above, I congratulate you on having the courage to put yourself out there. You've got the talent AND the confidence to do it - go for it! Wish I had advice for you, but all I can say is NEVER doubt yourself.

You GO girl. Posted Image
Posted Image

Bend with me, swaaay with me...
www.myspace.com/susiers

#7 FoxyOperaSinger

FoxyOperaSinger

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:16 AM

Susie!

You are a doll! Thanks Posted Image I have been blessed with the ability to perform onstage without being frozen with stage fright, so I take the utmost advantage of that! Posted Image Singing is a wonderful gift, and if you can do it, you should use that gift everyday the best way you know how. If that means singing in the car with the radio, then by all means girl, go for it! Just because you're shy about your talent, doesn't mean it's any less important than the next person's. You be proud of the fact that you can sing Posted Image http://michaelbuble..../icon_smile.gif You rock!
Jennifer
"Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans?"

#8 girlinrowC

girlinrowC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

I am unsure as to which country you live in but I was a function singer in the Uk for over 5 years and have been singing in some form or another for 20 years (I am 34). I would definately pursue a career, but do not always set your sights purely on fame. You can make a wonderful living as a singer without huge fame and you need to be realistic about what may happen. That is not to say that you shouldn't reach for the sky! I would definately strt b gettin an education, it is so important to have a route out of singing if it does not live up to your expectations. It is worth getting experience, even at your age, you are ypoung but the industry is looking younger and younger! Start by goiung to as many auditions as possible, in UK, the main periodical to buy is the Stage newspaper. Audition for everything you can, get some head shots done and find a studio to do a couple of songs so you have something to send out. If you are really at the beginning of it all, you may want to get some idea of which songs suit you, either by ordering some backing tracks (again dpends where you live-I can suggest some websites) and maybe try karaoke so you get used to singing in front of a live audience. Experience is key, find the most expensive singing teacher you can afford-check out local universities-here in London, Goldsmiths is THE place to train musically. I joined a band and became a function singer, did cabaret, corporate events, private members clubs and worked all over London. I went abroad too and played army bases and was on a cruise liner. That was just my path. I also sang on some dance records and did lots of different work. There is no clear route but just keep trying! Good luck sweetheart!

#9 Michael Buble = Love

Michael Buble = Love

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:45 PM

Fame is not my motive for becoming a singer, sorry if it came off that way. I have no intentions of jumping the gun on a career in music and i will continue high school and college unless something completely unexpected happens. I really enjoy singing but you will not be seeing my name in lights any time soon. Posted Image

Posted Image