Photo

Evacuating New Orleans with Michael

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#101 Laguna

Laguna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

Have been thinking of you when listening to the news reports Jennifer.
We're very glad that you and your family and most of the other people from New Orleans are out of harms way.

All the best

MB You Look Wonderful Tonight
Posted Image--Posted Image--Posted ImageBrisbane 2008
Detroit 2006: photo by Silverbells

#102 WhiT

WhiT

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts
  • Interests:music, singing, family, friends, movies, TV, going out, dancing, computers, webdesign, food, travelling, teaching, drawing

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

Have been thinking of you when listening to the news reports Jennifer.
We're very glad that you and your family and most of the other people from New Orleans are out of harms way.

All the best

Yes, I also have seen the news here and am thinking of you Jennifer, and all other people from New Orleans! Hope that damn Gustav turns around or something! :unsure:
XO,
Whitney

Posted Image Posted Image

#103 FoxyOperaSinger

FoxyOperaSinger

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:28 AM

Thanks for the concern and prayers, Everyone. You make me feel a little better by reading your posts. :)

So, I can't flush my toilet or take a shower yet...BIG bummer...lol The electricity is out for the lift stations preventing the sewage from 'working' properly. Power is out all over the place and there are no gas stations in my area with gas yet. The grocery store line is out the door down the block with people waiting outside because they are only allowing a certain number of patrons in at a time. (No thank you...I'll eat my canned green beans for now.)

I sure could use a Michael concert to make me feel better, but it looks like I'm outta money for the Biloxi concert...that went towards hotel, food, and gas. :(

As much as you're not going to like to hear this, I never want to evacuate again. It was so traumatizing and so taxing on my nerves and the nerves of everyone I know, we are just exhausted. Sitting in traffic for hours, spending money on hotels/food/gas that is supposed to be bill money, and dealing with a Grandma who is very fragile and struggling with dymensia...it's just too much. (I lost my ever lovin' mind in the Ruby Tuesdays in Jackson, MS and I doubt the restaurant will ever be the same...lol)

Sorry for having to vent and bring the mood WAY down on a normally upbeat board! I figure, if you're reading this, you already know I'm normally upbeat and most of you know this. I DID listen to Michael on the car rides and as usual I was able to escape, so THANKS MICHAEL!!!

Those of you who were asking if I was going to make it to MSG in December...I wish...too expensive now. I couldn't even pay for a ticket let alone plane fare and hotel. STUPID hurricane.

Love to you all!
Jen
Jennifer
"Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans?"

#104 FoxyOperaSinger

FoxyOperaSinger

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

News flash!!! I'm going to the Biloxi concert this Saturday night!!!!! Whoop Whoop holla holla!!! I'll be representing the front row...haha yay!!! I have amazing friends. Full review to come as always
Jennifer

#105 Josephine

Josephine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

JENNIFER, what wonderful news!!!!!!!!! Thank you for letting us know!

Enjoy!

Take care,
Jo

#106 FoxyOperaSinger

FoxyOperaSinger

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:29 AM

Here are a few details of the Biloxi show from the front row!:

1) He sang 'Sway' instead of 'It Had Better Be Tonight'...awesome surprise for me, as I was expecting 'Tonight'!
2) He dedicated 'Home' to the people of the Gulf Coast and told everyone they were amazing people for coming back.
3) No 'Stardust' because Naturally 7 wasn't there...bummer!
4) He was pheonmenal as usual!!
5) He seemed to really be enjoying himself!
6) I missed 'Always on My Mind'...that is absolutely gorgeous in concert and I was hoping to hear it again!!!
7) Loved 'You're Nobody Til Somebody Loves You'...that final note is like butter...or melted chocolate... ;)
8) I got pushed over by some raving lunatic of a woman who felt the need to touch his hand at the end of the concert...and I was up against the railing in the front row so it hurt...semi mood killer, but fleeting. :rolleyes:
9) I cried during 'Home'...soooo sentimental for a New Orleanian...it is, after all, 'my song'. :(
10) I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Michael!
Jennifer

#107 bublesue

bublesue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts
  • Interests:MB, football,dancing,music

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

THANKS FOR POSTING,GLAD YOU GOT TO ENJOY MICHAEL!
Posted Image

IT'S TIME TO CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE,I'M GOING ON THE CRAZY LOVE TOUR !

#88-BUBLE'S NERDS- THE OBSESSED WITH BUBLE NERD
BUNGALOW B MEMBER

#108 silverfriends0730

silverfriends0730

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:All music... but especially Norah Jones and Michael Bublé!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

Yes I'm a kind of noob here, and I read the story that you put on your first post.... I almost cried!!!! I was so scared when we thought Katrina was going to come to Florida.... but just knowing that it would harm other people was even worse. I'm glad to know that you were able to evacuate... and yes, I feel what you feel when listening to It's Time. I truly hope all your wishes come true.... hope that didn't sound too corny! :lol:
Posted Image

Check out my new Art Thread!

Woohoo!!! I'm #4 of the Editing Team!!! Come help here:
Help Edit Michael's Profile On Wiki

Come check out my new forum!!!!
http://michaelbuble.forumotion.com